Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: April 5th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 40-39

Pelicans April 5th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 40-39

You know what's wild? It's unlikely, but still theoretically possible that the Pelicans finish this season with a >.500 record.
    Basketball.

It's also possible they can still somehow get the 5th seed. Also doubtful.

Need to win out for a shot at 5th or 6th though both are unlikely and require other teams to lose more than once.

Statistically we are looking like the 7 or 8th spot.

Tonight's game is huge! This is a potential preview of our first round series if we end up in 7th or 8th and beat what will likely be Minny in the first play in game.

And we clenched a play in spot last night even with the loss. So we are officially locked into the post season this year with 3 games left. Now its just seeding. Postseason play 2 years in a row is definitely positive movement as an organization.

I also read a rumor Zion might be upgraded to doubtful for tonight's game from out. We shall see.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 04-05-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Memphis is the best team in the NBA in my opinion. I dont see us beating them without Zion. If we can even keep this game close I will count it as a great sign.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Memphis is the best team in the NBA in my opinion. I dont see us beating them without Zion. If we can even keep this game close I will count it as a great sign.
    I'm not sure that I agree they're the best team in the NBA (I would take Boston and Bucks over them in a series, for example) but they have been excellent this year. We need another win, preferably two, but I am sceptical that one of them comes tonight. Still, no reason to lay down for it - close and competitive, even in a loss. Win if you can, but you can't just let them walk through you.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    To me the Pels can beat Memphis easily without Z, if they just show up to the game and realize what?s at stake. Last night, was an embarrassing situation. They can?t do that two times in a row. Just play hard for 48 minutes, not 8. Can?t say that I even know anymore which version will show up. It obviously doesn?t matter what?s at stake either. The will sleep walk if they want to.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 04-05-2023 at 01:27 PM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not sure that I agree they're the best team in the NBA (I would take Boston and Bucks over them in a series, for example) but they have been excellent this year. We need another win, preferably two, but I am sceptical that one of them comes tonight. Still, no reason to lay down for it - close and competitive, even in a loss. Win if you can, but you can't just let them walk through you.
    Which is what they have done so many times this year. Just an emotionless walk through on the court as the other team dismantles them.

Cue up the "tired legs" excuse for everyone to use after the game.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Eh i don't think memphis is the best in the west

Absolutely need to put egos aside today and just play locked in team basketball the whole game, and put a lot of energy into our defense.

Hall of Famer
    Grizz +205 on the money line , thats great value on them

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Eh i don't think memphis is the best in the west
    They are the only team that scares me in the west

With Ja Morant out i am cautiously optimistic we can actually win this tho

H3rb with the bailout three lmao

How was that not an and 1 for Jonas

Trey looked super sharp on that drive, got nice and low, took the contact. Finesse on the finish ofc

Pass was nice from CJ too, gotta say

Love that what TM3 did faking a three and driving to the hoop for an and 1

Half-court lob from CJ to Trey nice!

That's beautiful, love it

Basketball Guru
    does anyone think willie will match memphis bigs by playing jax and jonas together or billy and nance together?...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pass was nice from CJ too, gotta say
    appreciate that lol

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Cue up the "tired legs" excuse for everyone to use after the game.
    whats your excuse going to be when we win?

Here's a crazy fact to consider:

If we win 1 more game this year, that's 41 wins. That means that we're .500 at worst when this season ends.

The Pelicans have only finished with a record .500 or better twice in the last decade. 2014-15, and 2017-18.

Also fun fact I just noticed while checking that, Trey Murphy is currently the team leader in Win Shares this season.

Its disrespectful the way guys dont even try to close out on Herb's 3 point attempts

Thread Information