Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: April 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 40-38

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    What the hell was that?! This game has me livid. A garbage performance if I ever seen one. Just zero effort

Pretty insane that you go on a mini run to bring it back to a reasonable deficit and then they just blow the doors off you in the remaining few minutes and there's no resistance at all.
    Basketball.

After that dyson-fuelled run, the Kings called a time out. After that timeout, they shot 6/7 from the floor to close the half.

Come on man! All y’all need is one damn win!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    After that dyson-fuelled run, the Kings called a time out. After that timeout, they shot 6/7 from the floor to close the half.
    Dude you and I could have shot 6/7 with the defense. And then BI charges down the court and forces up on three damn people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Dude you and I could have shot 6/7 with the defense. And then BI charges down the court and forces up on three damn people.
    Sure the defense was porous but that's not the point.

When they go into a timeout, they come out re-focused and execute.

When we go into a timeout, as often as not we come out and immediately turn it over.

Just completely different levels of intensity right now. They're a lock for a top 4 seed but we're the ones playing like we have nothing to prove.

I need to see some heart out of these Charmin boys.

Sure the defense was porous but that's not the point.

When they go into a timeout, they come out re-focused and execute.

When we go into a timeout, as often as not we come out and immediately turn it over.

Just completely different levels of intensity right now. They're a lock for a top 4 seed but we're the ones playing like we have nothing to prove.
    Oh I get the point. I’m just so used to Willie being awful that I stopped blaming him. He doesn’t know how to call a timeout and make an adjustment. What he will do is sub the wrong players out though.

To be honest, with a coach this bad, we should be thankful we are relevant. If this team had a good coach, they would easily be in the same position as the Kings.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Down 10 and the fangs are out in full force, like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Down 10 and the fangs are out in full force, like clockwork.
    They should be. The Pels aren’t playing with energy in a huge game. Sometimes you don’t have to just be positive for the hell of it. They deserve to be scolded. This is a big game. Now I see why they were selling playin tickets last week. They really just want to win one game.

If I was coaching, I'd walk into the locker room at halftime and say only three words:

"MOVE THE BALL"!!!

Basketball Guru
    so far the kings are playing like a team that want to win 50 games.....now lets see how hungry we are in this second half....

To be honest, with a coach this bad, we should be thankful we are relevant. If this team had a good coach, they would easily be in the same position as the Kings.
    Nah, I think that's massively unfair.

I don't think Willie is the perfect coach, sure, but I also don't think he's disastrous enough to be one of the very few coaches who actively harm a team. We'd have the same number of wins as the Kings (or more) if we didn't miss 45+ games of Zion, 36 games of Ingram, etc etc.

If Zion and Ingram both played 65+ games this year, we'd have 50 wins. It's that simple, Green has nothing to do with that.

Oh this tank job tonight is fareal.

I don't think Willie is the perfect coach, sure, but I also don't think he's disastrous enough to be one of the very few coaches who actively harm a team. We'd have the same number of wins as the Kings (or more) if we didn't miss 45+ games of Zion, 36 games of Ingram, etc etc.

If Zion and Ingram both played 65+ games this year, we'd have 50 wins. It's that simple, Green has nothing to do with that.
    But he lost 10 games in a row. That’s the part that lost me. It also took him 80% of the season to use the rest of his players on offense, besides CJ or BI

It's the stupid turnovers that get me. We usually have about 4 turnovers a game that are completely unforced, and we almost always give up points off them. Might as well walk into every game with the score set at 12-0 for the opponents.

And for the record, I don't blame Green for the turnovers either.

They should be. The Pels aren’t playing with energy in a huge game. Sometimes you don’t have to just be positive for the hell of it. They deserve to be scolded. This is a big game. Now I see why they were selling playin tickets last week. They really just want to win one game.
    That's fair. What's not is eviscerating the coach, as you routinely do anytime we fall behind by more than 5 points. Before the game is, you know, even close to being over.

And believe me, nobody would ever accuse you of being positive "for the hell of it."

Outplayed in every facet.

Tr3y again

Set him up

Don't even try using perspective and common sense with this guy. Useless.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Don't even try using perspective and common sense with this guy. Useless.
    Bro just forget about my comments and move on. All you do is think about me. I could care less about you or your opinion.

Get to the line!

CJ is just stinking the house out right now.

''It's CJ time'' - CJ

Thread Information