Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Kuzma or Brandon Ingram

Kyle Kuzma or Brandon Ingram

It wasn't long ago when some of the 'analytic' brains in this forum were lamenting the fact that Griff 'settled for Ingram' when the 'right play' would have been to hold out for Kuzma. Two questions....

1. Do they still feel the same way?
    2. Where did they go?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I was remembering people that thought BI was the throw in, so the Pels can add him to a future deal for Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I was remembering people that thought BI was the throw in, so the Pels can add him to a future deal for Beal.
    I think it can be summarized by the old proverb....

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Thank God, Griff chose the right trash. lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don’t remember it like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    With all due respect, if you were around here during the summer of '19, and don't remember it that way, that could be a problem for you (it was only four years ago). You might consult a physician.

"Among the young Lakers, New Orleans covets Kuzma the most.

Kuzma’s contract is less than those of Ingram and Ball. Kuzma has two years left on his contract that are worth about $5.5 million, the second of which is a team option…

According to people familiar with the Lakers’ thinking, Kuzma has ingratiated himself with the organization both on the court and off, and management does not want to trade the forward, who is entering his third season. The Lakers might have an opportunity to keep their No. 4 pick should they agree to part with Kuzma."
    .....Los Angeles Times

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/06/13...ade-to-lakers/
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-02-2023 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    "Among the young Lakers, New Orleans covets Kuzma the most.

Kuzma’s contract is less than those of Ingram and Ball. Kuzma has two years left on his contract that are worth about $5.5 million, the second of which is a team option…

According to people familiar with the Lakers’ thinking, Kuzma has ingratiated himself with the organization both on the court and off, and management does not want to trade the forward, who is entering his third season. The Lakers might have an opportunity to keep their No. 4 pick should they agree to part with Kuzma."
    .....Los Angeles Times

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/06/13...ade-to-lakers/
    And just imagine if Griff would have just picked that guy sitting there at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    And just imagine if Griff would have just picked that guy sitting there at 4.
    In hindsight, absolutely. But I'll admit to being one of those who saw all the potential in JAX (I still think there is an elite player somewhere inside of him). But in looking back, Garland was probably the safe pick.

But imagine Kuzma and no 4th or Ingram.

But imagine Kuzma and no 4th or Ingram.
    Nope, I refuse to do that. Lol

With all due respect, if you were around here during the summer of '19, and don't remember it that way, that could be a problem for you (it was only four years ago). You might consult a physician.
    Maybe so, but at least I’m not so stupid to believe that Covid was going to go away because of a presidential election.

Maybe so, but at least I’m not so stupid to believe that Covid was going to go away because of a presidential election.
    I was trying to be nice and respectful of you, but......

DoNOTNo, you certainly do not.

It wasn't long ago that the wishy-washy brains in this forum was calling this season over.

It was literally last week.

JS
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It wasn't long ago that the wishy-washy brains in this forum was calling this season over.

JS
    Yeah and you already know who was rooting for the Pelicans to lose

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

JS
    Yep. It's enough to give you whiplash.

Not at all. Everyone knew that Griff thought very highly of BI and that he was the main piece in the trade. There were some who thought we should have gotten Kuzma as well but I do not recall anyone (or many) on the forum that thought we should target Kuzma over BI.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not at all. Everyone knew that Griff thought very highly of BI and that he was the main piece in the trade. There were some who thought we should have gotten Kuzma as well but I do not recall anyone (or many) on the forum that thought we should target Kuzma over BI.
    That's what I remember as well. But also true that not many expected BI to be this good (*when healthy, as per usual)

From the very beginning, Kuzma, not Ingram, was the target. Thank Gawd, Dell was rebuffed and it was Griffin, who 'settled' for Ingram. LOL

Hearing from sources if Lakers want Anthony Davis, who has requested a trade, LA has to start the deal with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, No. 1 pick. -- Brad Turner
    8:30 AM ? Jan 28, 2019

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...rst-round-pick

LOL
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-03-2023 at 12:20 PM.

Basketball Guru
    the crazy part of that summer was that majority of the posters on this site honestly believed that ainge was going to trade tatum and crew for a rental AD lol....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the crazy part of that summer was that majority of the posters on this site honestly believed that ainge was going to trade tatum and crew for a rental AD lol....
    No, that was long before AD's handlers said he would not re-sign with Boston. After that all the Boston talk died off and all the attention turned to the Lakers and Knicks.

Before that I believe Tatum was asked about new orleans and he gave lip service that he would make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No, that was long before AD's handlers said he would not re-sign with Boston. After that all the Boston talk died off and all the attention turned to the Lakers and Knicks.

Before that I believe Tatum was asked about new orleans and he gave lip service that he would make the best of it.
    Yep, absolutely. To think, we could have agreed to the Kevin Knox deal instead of the Ingram deal. Oh, joy!!!

Exactly. The OP is the revisionist history teller, despite some outlier “analyst” tweets, BI was always the centerpiece player even with the blood clot concern.

Exactly. The OP is the revisionist history teller, despite some outlier “analyst” tweets, BI was always the centerpiece player even with the blood clot concern.
    LOL The 'OP' (the guy you called stupid) knows what he's talking about. You, on the other hand, are a lost little 'kitty' (or equivalent).

So Donato, you simply Donat(n)o. It must be rough.
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-03-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Ingram added weight in the off-season which all the analysts credit for his new-found willingness to accept contact, but that did not happen until about 10 games ago. Not sure if the famous big toe problem made him shy away from contact, but I've been complaining about that fear since he arrived. If he continues to be courageous and it doesn't result in another injury, he should be able to finally be the consistent threat we have needed. The challenge will be to keep this mentality when Zion returns, and for the refs to be consistent over time even though they probably won't give Zion the same calls that BI is deservedly getting now. If they also back off on accurately calling fouls for BI because of Zion we will suffer.

The other thing that BI is doing much more over the last 10 games is advancing the ball quickly rather than slow-walking it up to the mid-court. That has cut down on turnovers and given him more time to locate assist targets. We need to do that even more, including CJ. That part of pace seems very important for this team, even if we have a big lead and are milking the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    Ingram added weight in the off-season which all the analysts credit for his new-found willingness to accept contact, but that did not happen until about 10 games ago. Not sure if the famous big toe problem made him shy away from contact, but I've been complaining about that fear since he arrived. If he continues to be courageous and it doesn't result in another injury, he should be able to finally be the consistent threat we have needed. The challenge will be to keep this mentality when Zion returns, and for the refs to be consistent over time even though they probably won't give Zion the same calls that BI is deservedly getting now. If they also back off on accurately calling fouls for BI because of Zion we will suffer.

The other thing that BI is doing much more over the last 10 games is advancing the ball quickly rather than slow-walking it up to the mid-court. That has cut down on turnovers and given him more time to locate assist targets. We need to do that even more, including CJ. That part of pace seems very important for this team, even if we have a big lead and are milking the clock.
    When the organization decided what many of us already knew, CJ is no PG and will never be an effective orchestrator, and took the ball out of his hands, the team and CJ (offensively) has flourished...even JV has re-emerged. ISO-CJ was killing this team.

When the organization decided what many of us already knew, CJ is no PG and will never be an effective orchestrator, and took the ball out of his hands, the team and CJ (offensively) has flourished...even JV has re-emerged. ISO-CJ was killing this team.
    Absolutely, CJ is NOT a facilitator , he's not a PG. He's a good spot-up shooter that can occasionally drive to the basket. This team needs 1, A true PG 2, another 40% plus 3 point shooter, and maybe a 5 that can switch and score

Thread Information