Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kyle Kuzma or Brandon Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    When the organization decided what many of us already knew, CJ is no PG and will never be an effective orchestrator, and took the ball out of his hands, the team and CJ (offensively) has flourished...even JV has re-emerged. ISO-CJ was killing this team.
    It's almost as if they meant for someone else to handle the ball most of the time instead of CJ. I wonder if they were thinking about that big dude that is really good at basketball when he isn't nursing an injury?

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    Absolutely, CJ is NOT a facilitator , he's not a PG. He's a good spot-up shooter that can occasionally drive to the basket. This team needs 1, A true PG 2, another 40% plus 3 point shooter, and maybe a 5 that can switch and score
    Agree 100% with your wish list in that order.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I remain hopeful that Dyson and Jose can handle the 1, with significant help from "point Zion." I'd prefer to focus on a major (defensive) upgrade at the 5. But I wholeheartedly agree that CJ should not be the primary ball-handler, like ever.

The debate was always BI and Ball vs Tatum and Brown. The knock on BI was that a heart condition scare was happening that made certain posters think he'd never play again.

The team is currently doing great so toxic people have to find something to be toxic about.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I remain hopeful that Dyson and Jose can handle the 1, with significant help from "point Zion." I'd prefer to focus on a major (defensive) upgrade at the 5. But I wholeheartedly agree that CJ should not be the primary ball-handler, like ever.
    ....and I guess we tell BI to go to the back of the bus.

I would not trust such an important role (even on a Sunday Church League team) to a guy that plays about 38% of the time (look up the numbers). And, Jose' is a defensive liability against half the teams in the league, but he's a nice 'spot player' to have on your team. He would either be posted up or PnR'ed to death if he is asked to play 20+ minutes a night; it could be a blood bath. I like Jose' a lot, but his size limits him.

An NBA-caliber point guard is this team's biggest need. They knew it two summers ago when they targeted Lowery and CP3, settled for CJ at the trade deadline, and then drafted DD last Summer. DD will be good in time, but he just made 20 yrs old two weeks ago.
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-03-2023 at 07:57 PM.

LOL The 'OP' (the guy you called stupid) knows what he's talking about. You, on the other hand, are a lost little 'kitty' (or equivalent).
    So Donato, you simply Donat(n)o. It must be rough.
    Sorry, but it is well known that BI was Griff's top target in a deal with the Lakers. Even when Griff was still on Sirius, he was infatuated with BI.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Sorry, but it is well known that BI was Griff's top target in a deal with the Lakers. Even when Griff was still on Sirius, he was infatuated with BI.
    Sorry backatcha'!! Not once in this whole thread did I say that Griff preferred Kuzma. I did say that the Pelicans (and some in your forum) wanted Kuzma and not Ingram at the outset (as in the Dell Demps version of the trade). In fact that was the stumbling block at the trade deadline before the Demps firing, or don't we remember?

To say I said otherwise is disingenuous.
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-04-2023 at 10:21 AM.

Sorry backatcha'!! Not once in this whole thread did I say that Griff preferred Kuzma. I did say that the Pelicans (and some in your forum) wanted Kuzma and not Ingram at the outset (as in the Dell Demps version of the trade). In fact that was the stumbling block at the trade deadline before the Demps firing, or don't we remember?

To say I said otherwise is disingenuous.
    I never recall Kuzma being the target of anyone. Not sure Dell even got too far down the road with the trade negotiations before he was replaced. It was common knowledge that a Davis trade would occur in the offseason. Demps was fired 4 months before the AD trade, so what he wanted or did not want is pretty irrelevant. He was not even around for the serious negotiations.

You did claim that all the "analytic" brains on this forum were lamenting that Griff settled for BI instead of holding out for Kuzma. I do not recall a big outroar from those on this forum about that.

I never recall Kuzma being the target of anyone. Not sure Dell even got too far down the road with the trade negotiations before he was replaced. It was common knowledge that a Davis trade would occur in the offseason. Demps was fired 4 months before the AD trade, so what he wanted or did not want is pretty irrelevant. He was not even around for the serious negotiations.

You did claim that all the "analytic" brains on this forum were lamenting that Griff settled for BI instead of holding out for Kuzma. I do not recall a big outroar from those on this forum about that.
    .....and I do. So, I'll defer to my unabridged memory, if you don't mind.

I don't remember anyone wanting Kuzma over BI. I thought it was more people wanting both of them. But I don't remember for sure and we ended up with the better player anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I don't remember anyone wanting Kuzma over BI. I thought it was more people wanting both of them. But I don't remember for sure and we ended up with the better player anyway.
    Here is a counter offer the Pelicans made. Conspicuously absent is the name 'Ingram'.

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-...-anthony-davis

Here is a counter offer the Pelicans made. Conspicuously absent is the name 'Ingram'.

Come on, you are stretching when you quote some random website. That date was just a few days before the actual trade and when Griff was in charge. So, it is obviously BS. We ended up getting more than that and it was no secret how much Griff thought of BI. Not sure what you are trying to suggest, but who are all the people from this forum that you said wanted Kuzma over BI?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Don’t engage flat-earther trolls.

Come on, you are stretching when you quote some random website. That date was just a few days before the actual trade and when Griff was in charge. So, it is obviously BS. We ended up getting more than that and it was no secret how much Griff thought of BI. Not sure what you are trying to suggest, but who are all the people from this forum that you said wanted Kuzma over BI?
    It is what it is. I've cited two sources indicating that Kuzma was the primary target. If you are not satisfied, that's okay. Some people cite "The View" as their truth and other's cite "Outnumbered". It is what it is, and I guess some people have the final say on what is "BS" (your word...not mine).

ASIDE: How long are you going to allow the 'Do-nat-(n)o' guy call other posters names. It's happened three times in this thread. Is there a new standard for this forum or is the rule just selectively enforced?
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-04-2023 at 05:07 PM.

To clarify, I meant people on the board. And I don't trust anything released like on that website. The only things getting leaked are exactly what each organization wants leaked to improve their leverage.

It is what it is. I've cited two sources indicating that Kuzma was the primary target. If you are not satisfied, that's okay.
    You STILL have not indicated who all the posters on this forum are (that you claimed in your OP) wanted Kuzma instead of BI. I do not recall that being the case, but since you claimed it so, I am curious where all these posters are.

Thread Information