Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Warriors game thread

Basketball Guru
    the warriors called us out on the times we beat them was on a back to back......we had a 17 point lead in a game and the warriors came back and beat us......last night we had a 20 point lead and the warriors came back and beat us on our back to back in their house.....

in the playoffs its no back to back excuses .......

That 2 half was some f.. joke. Typical Pelicans fall. They just stop playing …

There were a number of times on out of bounds plays when BI was wrapped up before the ball was even handed to the "in-bounder". Dead ball fouls could have easily been called which would have stopped it. The referees simply swallowed their whistles. We better get used to it though, that's how life is in the new WWB Association.

If this continues, a new league will eventually arise where traditional basketball rules will apply.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-29-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Glad to see you?re still here! Most ppl that can quote league of their own are picking dentures up out of their tomato soup.
    Maybe when you don't have to sit in a highchair to make it easier for the nanny to feed you your porridge we might take you seriously.Untill then I guess you'll just whine on

Glad to see you?re still here! Most ppl that can quote league of their own are picking dentures up out of their tomato soup.
    Not like it is Gone with the Wind. The movie is about 30 years old.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    Maybe when you don't have to sit in a highchair to make it easier for the nanny to feed you your porridge we might take you seriously.Untill then I guess you'll just whine on
    That’s exactly how you were brought up. It’s why you have excuses in life.

These people have to be trolling. We get like 1 or 2 pages on game threads during a 5 game win streak and as soon as we lose to the defending Champs on the road on a b2b they come out of the wood work to tell us how much better of a coaching job they could do.

Must be trolling. Nobody can be this miserable in real life...

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    These people have to be trolling. We get like 1 or 2 pages on game threads during a 5 game win streak and as soon as we lose to the defending Champs on the road on a b2b they come out of the wood work to tell us how much better of a coaching job they could do.

Must be trolling. Nobody can be this miserable in real life...
    You just came out the wood work to call people out about coming out the wood work. In fact, I haven’t seen you post in this game day thread at all. This is your first post in the thread. That’s the definition of coming out the wood work.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 03-29-2023 at 04:42 PM.

You just came out the wood work to call people out about coming out the wood work. In fact, I haven’t seen you post in this game day thread at all. This is your first post in the thread. That’s the definition of coming out the wood work.
    I don't usually post in game threads because I usually watch the games on recording due to work. I just think it's funny so many people show up to complain after every loss like it's the end of the world and yet those same people have zero to say when the team does well. I didn't specifically mention you. So I guess you get some sort of joy out of complaining after losses. To each his own. I just try to enjoy the ride.

Did you expect us to run the table on this road trip? Serious question.

That’s exactly how you were brought up. It’s why you have excuses in life.
    WOW is that your version of "I Know You are But what am I?" You are a walking talking Eeyore, (maybe you get that reference ) All the time we played pretty well, you sat on your hands. The VERY second we started to slide you reared your doom-and-gloom head and started posting your normal negative vitriol. If you are so fedup as your SN says why come on here at all? In fact why be a fan if you hate this team so much? Do you spread this constant negativity everywhere you go?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I don't usually post in game threads because I usually watch the games on recording due to work. I just think it's funny so many people show up to complain after every loss like it's the end of the world and yet those same people have zero to say when the team does well. I didn't specifically mention you. So I guess you get some sort of joy out of complaining after losses. To each his own. I just try to enjoy the ride.

Did you expect us to run the table on this road trip? Serious question.
    I think he does , it's like he lives for when we play bad. We were almost 3 full pages into the game thread and playing well . Not a peep from him, NOTHING but the min. we start to slide his first post was "No way are we up this late watching a coaching debacle like this." I'm not a sunshine pumper , my posts will prove that but Fedup ( and the name so fits ) sees less sunshine than a ground mole

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Figured we would lose this one I?ve said plenty this is the only team I don?t want us to face in the playoffs ??.. My biggest issue is cj McCollum always being in the top 2 for most shots taken but rarely being one of the most efficient he did enough for my parlay but I feel he needs to be 3rd of 4th option unless he?s hot??Big JV deserves more of those shots he?s pretty efficient and can draw fouls and hits his free throws
    To open the game, JV was scoring practically without resistance. Rebounding and dishing out assists left and right. As normal, the teams goes away from what's working because it's not flashy and others need to eat. At the end of the game, the Draevil is sitting on 4 fouls, Pels are being outrebounded like crazy, can't score so let's sit the biggest advantage over the small Warriors on the bench. Not a coaching mistake at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    To open the game, JV was scoring practically without resistance. Rebounding and dishing out assists left and right. As normal, the teams goes away from what's working because it's not flashy and others need to eat. At the end of the game, the Draevil is sitting on 4 fouls, Pels are being outrebounded like crazy, can't score so let's sit the biggest advantage over the small Warriors on the bench. Not a coaching mistake at all.
    Shhh. The game was perfectly played by the Pels. The Warriors are just undefeated this year.

Last night, Willie reverted back to the same strategy he employed during the 10 game losing streak in January. During that stretch, Jonas averaged 23:10 (minutes) per game. Last night, JV played 22:10 (minutes). I guess he thought it was a good idea to sit our "Double/Double Guy" in favor of a banged up shorter guy.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome only confirms Einstein's Theory of Insanity.

I can't be the only one who saw our guys getting manhandled with physical contact and the the refs totally ignore it but call unevenly against the Pelicans when they touch the Warriors player. I think the game was called differently in the second half than the first. Not saying we would have won but it would have been much more of a challenge without the officials swaying the game. I get so tired of it, every year it's the same when the games matter. Big Market gets the calls. Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    I can't be the only one who saw our guys getting manhandled with physical contact and the the refs totally ignore it but call unevenly against the Pelicans when they touch the Warriors player. I think the game was called differently in the second half than the first. Not saying we would have won but it would have been much more of a challenge without the officials swaying the game. I get so tired of it, every year it's the same when the games matter. Big Market gets the calls. Sucks
    If Herb would have INTENTIONALLY kicked the 'Thug' in the head, he would have been suspended for a minimum of 10 games. It's just the way it is.

BTW: Wasn't it strange how the league rescinded Luka's Technical Foul the night before so he could play? Curious, huh?

Jokic listed as questionable tomorrow.

Which means he'll definitely play and put up a minimum 47/15/15 stat line.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Shhh. The game was perfectly played by the Pels. The Warriors are just undefeated this year.

Right, because that's EXACTLY what was said. (except that's not at all what literally ANYONE said).

Do you want me to state, for a 4th time, the numerous circumstances that made this loss understandable? Or would you prefer to just mis-characterize and lie?

I thought JV sat out the end of the game because he injured something, when he was pushed under the basket while going for a rebound, and they called a foul against GSW? 3rd Q maybe?

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    I thought JV sat out the end of the game because he injured something, when he was pushed under the basket while going for a rebound, and they called a foul against GSW? 3rd Q maybe?
    I thought he was out injured as well

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Don't see anything on the injury report. And speaking on JV -- remember when he was ejected with a flagrant 2 when Taj hit his upper arm with the head? If that was flagrant two, how is kicking someone in the head twice and then walking all over the downed body while spewing crap like a machinegun just nothing? Not a technical not a flagrant? Guys get technicals just for looking at each other funny. Officiating was horrendously biased.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Right, because that's EXACTLY what was said. (except that's not at all what literally ANYONE said).

Do you want me to state, for a 4th time, the numerous circumstances that made this loss understandable? Or would you prefer to just mis-characterize and lie?

Yes in APA format.

I just wish they would have played Jax so he could posterize Draymond.

Or hospitalize him with the way Draymond fouls.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Don't see anything on the injury report. And speaking on JV -- remember when he was ejected with a flagrant 2 when Taj hit his upper arm with the head? If that was flagrant two, how is kicking someone in the head twice and then walking all over the downed body while spewing crap like a machinegun just nothing? Not a technical not a flagrant? Guys get technicals just for looking at each other funny. Officiating was horrendously biased.
    I was talking about that during the game. It was mind-boggling how badly the refs failed. Let's also not forget Ingram being ejected last year for joke screaming in Frank jacksons face. Green could/should have been ejected for getting another tech when he stared down Herb on the inbounds play. Again, mind-boggling
    Last edited by luigi modelo; 03-30-2023 at 10:42 AM.

Thread Information