Pelicans Report

Thread: If Zion returns, who goes to the bench?

If Zion returns, who goes to the bench?

Of our present line up do you bring the red hot Trey Murphy off the bench or if not how would your starting 5 look with Zion back on the court? As he is playing right now could you even put Trey on the bench? I think I would bench Valanciunas but I suppose that would only work against a small center team.
    https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...410fac067.html

C. McCollum ,
    B. Ingram
    Herbert Jones
    Trey Murphy III
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Zion Williamson
    Last edited by Pierre Pelican; 03-27-2023 at 08:53 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I'd like it to be CJ, but I don't think that'll happen. I'd move Herb next.

Heck until Zion gets in condition, I’d consider having him come off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Heck until Zion gets in condition, I?d consider having him come off the bench.
    Absolutely!! No starts for him until next year, if then.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I also like Zion off the bench just because he is working back from injury. However if everyone is healthy, i'd be interested to see CJ off the bench. With BI dropping dimes and not turning the ball over, would be real intersting to see a lineup with BI + TM3 + Herb. The length!

If yall think Zion will come off the bench I also have a bridge for sale. It's a great deal. In fact I might have a second one for sale for those that think CJ will come off the bench.

Not to mention, it doesn't matter who starts. Who will finish?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I also like Zion off the bench just because he is working back from injury. However if everyone is healthy, i'd be interested to see CJ off the bench. With BI dropping dimes and not turning the ball over, would be real intersting to see a lineup with BI + TM3 + Herb. The length!
    ??This Year??

I would run the roster similar to the way they do it in NHL. My rotation would be something like:

Start Game: CJ; Herb; BI; 3M3; JV
    First Line Change: DD; Herb; BI; # 1; LNJ
    Third Line Change: CJ; JRich; 3M3; #1; JV

Of course, you can spot Naji and JAX. Also assumes no Jose'.

````

??Next Year??

- I'm looking forward to seeing how EJ Liddell is integrated into the lineup next year. At 6'6'' what is he?
    - Because he's still on his rookie contract, Kira will be back unless he's included in a trade...no extension.
    - Try to work out a sign and trade for JAX (maybe to move up a few spots in draft should we be outside the lottery).
    - Will try to move H'Gomez (perhaps for same purpose as JAX)
    - Since JAX would be gone, make a play for UFA Naz Reid to spread the floor.
    - Still would like to acquire a veteran Point guard.
    - Would consider bringing back NAW on the cheap. I always did like his size (defensively) as a shooting guard.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-27-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If yall think Zion will come off the bench I also have a bridge for sale. It's a great deal. In fact I might have a second one for sale for those that think CJ will come off the bench.
    Lebron came off the bench yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Lebron came off the bench yesterday
    Probably didn't want to mess up their chemistry. That makes sense. I just don't see them doing that with Zion. If he can play he will start, he's the best player on the team. As for CJ, he's been a starter the entire season when healthy. It's going to be either Herb or Trey off the bench. My guess would be Trey.

In any case, the bench is going to be legit if Zion can come back.

Thread Information