Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Hornets @ Pelicans

Season Ticket Holder

Game Thread: Hornets @ Pelicans

Tonight's game hosting the Hornets is the 73rd game of the season. Of all the remaining opponents we play, the Hornets are the only ones who are surely not making the playoffs or play in tournament.

We win tonight, we get our 36th win of the season. OKC, Dallas and the Lakers all have 36 wins and they're the 8, 9, and 10 seeds, respectively. We need this win. I will be in the building having a good time rooting for a win. Sports is fun. Winning is fun. It is not that complicated.

Don't just beat 'em.... Kick their ******!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    LETS GO!!!

double digit lead after the first quarter, better get on the bandwagon now people

On the three where 3M3 got fouled with no call, Willie should be in the referees' ears. Good coaches stand up for their players.

Dyson Daniels good job moving his feet on defense to force a turnover

BI got his first triple double and in only 3 quarters

BI is a God! The cream that rises to the top, mm yeahh..

Jonas has been putting his stamp on games lately!

Pels pouring it on in the 4th quarter

+20 point lead with 4 min to go, Pels playing great team defensive and offensive right now.

Jonas about to put up a 20/20 stat line

The BI stat that impresses me most? Zero turnovers.

Although I would love to see more Jax minutes, I'm happy to see Willie find a rotation and stick with it in these last couple of wins. One of the big strengths early on in the season was that the rotation was set and guys knew their roles.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The BI stat that impresses me most? Zero turnovers.
    That is impressive! Keeping turnovers low is a huge difference maker.

Basketball Guru
    when you feed jonas and get him involved early then those are the kind of results he gives you like tonight and without the dumb moving screens he does ....

BI gets a triple double in the 3rd quarter. Not much hoopla about it tho.

Now if/when Zion does it...UNSTOPPABLE!!!1111

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

You are absolutely right!!! It wasn't until the third quarter that anyone in here even mentioned BI's game.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Part of this is because fans have soured on this team already and have partly given up. But if he did this during that amazing start that we had, im pretty sure he would have gotten high praise .. he got high praise for last years run as well. People see the impact both can do on the court, with zion it was a contending team with bi its a play in team. Both of them together would have been great though. Sigh....

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Part of this is because fans have soured on this team already and have partly given up. But if he did this during that amazing start that we had, im pretty sure he would have gotten high praise .. he got high praise for last years run as well. People see the impact both can do on the court, with zion it was a contending team with bi its a play in team. Both of them together would have been great though. Sigh....
    Can’t make people see reality. This team goes nowhere without Z.

Season Ticket Holder
    BI had 17 points in the first quarter! And that was with a bunch of shots rimming out all night.

Happy for him to have such a great night. Hopefully this momentum carries over to this upcoming road trip. And hopefully Willie and learn from what went right and replicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    BI had 17 points in the first quarter! And that was with a bunch of shots rimming out all night.

Happy for him to have such a great night. Hopefully this momentum carries over to this upcoming road trip. And hopefully Willie and learn from what went right and replicate it.
    The biggest thing that Willie (and the front office) should have learned is that in no way is CJ a pilot. He never was and never will be no matter how much he wants to be. The way to maximize his talents is to have him play off-ball. Notwithstanding BI's recent success, this team needs a point guard. The front office knew it two years ago and then, surprisingly, settled on CJ.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The biggest thing that Willie (and the front office) should have learned is that in no way is CJ a pilot. He never was and never will be no matter how much he wants to be. The way to maximize his talents is to have him play off-ball. Notwithstanding BI's recent success, this team needs a point guard. The front office knew it two years ago and then, surprisingly, settled on CJ.
    I agree 100% with your view on CJ. We'll see if they upgrade the position. I reckon they won't because they don't want to move Herb to the bench...and they can't bench CJ. Although he would be an incredible 6th man a la Lou Williams. Come off the bench and just get BUCKETS.

And when I say "they can't bench CJ" I don't really mean it. I just mean that I can't see this front office/coaching staff benching him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I agree CJ shouldn't be the distributor they're making him out to be. Less sure if they really need a point guard. You've got point Zion, point Ingram, Jose, Dyson...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Can’t make people see reality. This team goes nowhere without Z.
    This has nothing to do with where the team is going.

If Zion does the exact same thing while the team is 15 - 45, it's still going to get more praise, more videos, more ppl on twitter quoting stats of stats. Simply because it's Zion. That's just a cold fact. It is what it is.

Thread Information