Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Game Thread: Hornets @ Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This has nothing to do with where the team is going.

If Zion does the exact same thing while the team is 15 - 45, it's still going to get more praise, more videos, more ppl on twitter quoting stats of stats. Simply because it's Zion. That's just a cold fact. It is what it is.
    That's like saying why does Ja get more recognition than Bane or Jackson or why dame gets all the headlines than cj mccollum. It's a stars/marketability league. That's just how it is, and that's not a knock on how good and important bi is for new orleans

And the downside to all that fame and recognition is the backlash it comes when things don't work out. Look at all the nasty comments Z gets not just from the nola fans but elsewhere as well (although worse with pels fans) and some comments are simply below the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    That's like saying why does Ja get more recognition than Bane or Jackson or why dame gets all the headlines than cj mccollum. It's a stars/marketability league. That's just how it is, and that's not a knock on how good and important bi is for new orleans
    The fact that you're comparing Brandon Ingram to Desmond Bane or JJJ says it all really.

BI missing so many games hurts his marketability no doubt. That said, he is still criminally underrated league wide and by his own fan base.

And the downside to all that fame and recognition is the backlash it comes when things don't work out. Look at all the nasty comments Z gets not just from the nola fans but elsewhere as well (although worse with pels fans) and some comments are simply below the belt.
    Which comments do you consider "below the belt"?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The fact that you're comparing Brandon Ingram to Desmond Bane or JJJ says it all really.

BI missing so many games hurts his marketability no doubt. That said, he is still criminally underrated league wide and by his own fan base.
    Im only comparing them as the 2nd best player on a team nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Which comments do you consider "below the belt"?
    Not on this forum, this is actually a lot more mellow than Twitter and reddit. Attacks outside of basketball or anything that doesn't even involve the game

Im only comparing them as the 2nd best player on a team nothing more.
    Who's the best player? CJ? JV? 3M3?

LOL, I know what you're trying to say. But, in order to be the best player on a team, shouldn't you, first, be playing?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Who's the best player? CJ? JV? 3M3?

LOL, I know what you're trying to say. But, in order to be the best player on a team, shouldn't you, first, be playing?
    Yep availability is very important. I was just replying to luckyman's post on why bi gets less news compared to zion.

I would honestly give this team 1 more year to see what they have. After that, if everything is still broken with injuries i would start fielding offers for zion and bi.

Oh and naji is this teams #1 right now

Thread Information