Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular season record and seeding: predictions

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Agreed.

It is one thing to be negative about the team. It is another think to mock those of us with hope. That is what's toxic about this place. No one's bashing those who root for losses and want Zion traded and Willie fired, etc. That's fine to feel negative about the team. Just don't be rude to those of us who derive pleasure from this team. I don't think that is an unfair request.
    To be fair, I have no shame about bashing people here that root for losses. It adds to my joy when the Pelicans win.

3 games in a row winning by 20 points. I dont want to hear any hater stuff about how the teams they played weren't good. If the Pelicans lost you would **** on them, so don't **** on them when they win. We are going to the post season.

Starter
    We absolutely have to beat the Clips and the Blazers because no way we go into Golden State and win. It's a back to back and GS is nearly unbeatable at home. I like our chances against the Clips and Blazers. One game at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    3 games in a row winning by 20 points. I dont want to hear any hater stuff about how the teams they played weren't good. If the Pelicans lost you would **** on them, so don't **** on them when they win. We are going to the post season.
    In last 7 games we played 0 0.500+ teams, we played 4 out of 6 worst teams in the league, and we managed to win 4 out of 7.

In next 9 games we are playing 8 .500 + teams, next 4 are on the road...You want to bet we are not going to postseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    In last 7 games we played 0 0.500+ teams, we played 4 out of 6 worst teams in the league, and we managed to win 4 out of 7.

In next 9 games we are playing 8 .500 + teams, next 4 are on the road...You want to bet we are not going to postseason?
    I literally am betting on it so yeah i do want to bet. Also, if you insist on ********ting on the Pelicans, you should stay quiet when we are going on a winning streak and blowing opponents out in back to back to back games.

I literally am betting on it so yeah i do want to bet. Also, if you insist on ********ting on the Pelicans, you should stay quiet when we are going on a winning streak and blowing opponents out in back to back to back games.
    I should stay quiet after we beat 3 tanking teams and actually lost to one of them? Man you live in clouds...

I should stay quiet after we beat 3 tanking teams and actually lost to one of them? Man you live in clouds...
    Today as things stand the Pelicans would make the post season play in. So yeah, today would be a good day for you to keep your mouth shut. We lost 1 game to the Rockets by 2 points, and then avenged that loss by 20 points. So what. The Rockets also beat the Celtics and the Lakers in the two games leading up to when we lost to them. The Celtics are 1st in their division with a 50-23 record. But they lost to the Rockets so they suck right?

Today as things stand the Pelicans would make the post season play in. So yeah, today would be a good day for you to keep your mouth shut. We lost 1 game to the Rockets by 2 points, and then avenged that loss by 20 points. So what. The Rockets also beat the Celtics and the Lakers in the two games leading up to when we lost to them. The Celtics are 1st in their division with a 50-23 record. But they lost to the Rockets so they suck right?
    Cant wait for your reaction after next 4-5 games

Yes, I can see how badly you were hoping that they lose. You would literally prefer them to lose so that you can pat yourself on the back for being right and rub it in the faces of people who support the team. I am so glad that I cannot relate to your mentality at all.

Yes, I can see how badly you were hoping that they lose. You would literally prefer them to lose so that you can pat yourself on the back for being right and rub it in the faces of people who support the team. I am so glad that I cannot relate to your mentality at all.
    I was quite sure we are winning tonight. Im just realistic. If we win against Hornets and they had like 7 availibke players, that doesnt make me too optimistic about next stretch... you are mixing negativity with reallity.... im out good luck

Seems like it brings you joy to gloat when they lose. Why are you here?

Jazz lost and Mavs lost that is good for us. And the Lakers / Thunder are playing so 1 of them is getting an L. Good off day for the Pels.

Mavs just lost to Charlotte.

Assuming Zion and jose come back, and Zion and/or BI don't chip a pinky nail if they make the real playoffs.

Is there any team in the west that really seems scary?

If this team can manage to get to top 8 full strength, I see none.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Assuming Zion and jose come back, and Zion and/or BI don't chip a pinky nail if they make the real playoffs.

Memphis is the biggest threat imo

Sitting in 9th now. 2.5 games out of 4th with 9 games to go. 2 of the 9 games are against that 4th place team. It's all right there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Sitting in 9th now. 2.5 games out of 4th with 9 games to go. 2 of the 9 games are against that 4th place team. It's all right there for the taking.
    It is true that the pelicans have the most brutal strength of schedule out of all the teams competing for spots in the west. We are going to have to bring our A game to this fight the next 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Wouldn't be counting on seeing Jose anytime soon.

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...92438410502146

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/stat...05877115863041

Everything fell in the Pels favor today, they pick up a W and its an L for the Jazz and Clippers

If the Lakers and T-Wolves lose tonight Pels will be in 7th place!

If the Lakers and T-Wolves lose tonight Pels will be in 7th place!
    ....and they are.

Tonight's Minnesota - GS Game has major implications. If Minnesota wins, we will slip to 8th, but only be 1 game out of 6th. If Golden State wins, we will be 2 games out of 6th, but remain in 7th untied.

Also, the Mavericks will play the Pacers tomorrow night without Luca because he received his 16th technical foul this season today against Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    ....and they are.

Tonight's Minnesota - GS Game has major implications. If Minnesota wins, we will slip to 8th, but only be 1 game out of 6th. If Golden State wins, we will be 2 games out of 6th, but remain in 7th untied.

Also, the Mavericks will play the Pacers tomorrow night without Luca because he received his 16th technical foul this season today against Charlotte.
    If the Warriors win we are only 1.5 out of 6th behind the Clippers. 2 games out of 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If the Warriors win we are only 1.5 out of 6th behind the Clippers. 2 games out of 5th.
    I stand corrected; I didn't realize the Clippers were tied with the Warriors record-wise before tonight's game.

One game out of 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    One game out of 6th.
    Thats a good way to look at it, if Minnesota had lost it would have helped our odds of making the play in, but with the Warriors losing it helps our odds of getting 6th and skipping the play in all together!

Thread Information