Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular season record and seeding: predictions

Starter

Regular season record and seeding: predictions

Currently sitting 35-37 so I think we go 5-5 in the final 10.

I'm going to say 40-42; seeded 9-11...I'd say if the games play out our chances are 25% 9th seed, 50% 10th seed, and 25% 11th seed.

We have to play really well to go 5-5 with 5 at home and 5 on the road. We all know what a horrible road team we are so likely 1-4 or best case scenario 2-3. We're better than average at home so 2-3 to 4-1. I guess that blows my whole 5-5 theory. We could easily go 3-7 to 6-4.

5-5 gives us a 75% chance to make the play in.
    6-4 gives us 100% chance to make the play in.

Anything less than 5-5 and I see us in the lottery.

Thoughts?

Have you seen who are we playing untill the end of the season? Someone said we should have gone on a 7 game winning-streak or at least 6-1 against Rocket x2, OKC, Lakrers, Hornets, Spurs, Blazers, and we are now 3-3 and playing Charlotte next.
    Our games after that:
    2x Clippers
    GSW
    Sacramento
    Denver
    Memphis
    Portland
    New York
    Minnesota

No1 of those teams is resting players except maybe Portland, and all of those are better then us (then what we showed this season). If Zion does not play at least 5 games, and i think he is playing 0 games we are going 3-7 at best, and probably 2-8...

You're analyzing the situation too much. Regardless of an extra win or loss in the last 10, the majority of the season has been a massive failure, Zion hurt again as always, laker swap meaningless, coaching staff looks sus, BI refused to play over a toe, CJ can't run an offense, and it's just... Dire. Revel in it. Bath in it. Because deluding yourself into some last minute hope for a crumb of decency, lets the organization pass with providing a bad product 80% of the years. Sucks to suck, and we usually do.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    To be fair, for those that want some hope, this type of hope is all they are going to get out of this organization.

Season Ticket Holder
    Paul George injured his knee last night

We play them twice in the next 6 games. The Clippers are currently the #5 seed, and only 2.5 games ahead of us in the standings.

Kyrie was in a walking boot after getting stomped by Dylan Brooks. Dallas is currently the #8 seed, and only 1 game ahead of us in the standings.

I don't think we're a good team. I am not holding my breath for a Zion return. I'm still rooting for the playoffs. More basketball = more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    To be fair, for those that want some hope, this type of hope is all they are going to get out of this organization.
    Yea, very true

Rookie
    Ant Man is out Indefinitely for the Season for Minnesota, Kyrie left the last game in a Walking boot,Luka is out,Paul George is out for 3-4 weeks, and the clippers are in 5th and up 2 games on us. We play the clippers twice,GS once and home to Minnesota. The rest of the teams play one another. I truly believe we will move to 5th or 6th. We have won 2 straight games with Charlotte, PG-less clippers and a Dame-less blazers team up next
    Last edited by AtlPel; 03-22-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Paul George injured his knee last night

We play them twice in the next 6 games. The Clippers are currently the #5 seed, and only 2.5 games ahead of us in the standings.

Kyrie was in a walking boot after getting stomped by Dylan Brooks. Dallas is currently the #8 seed, and only 1 game ahead of us in the standings.

I don't think we're a good team. I am not holding my breath for a Zion return. I'm still rooting for the playoffs. More basketball = more fun.

I say Zion will be back right before the season ends and I believe the Pels will be in 5th or 6th seed.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    You're analyzing the situation too much. Regardless of an extra win or loss in the last 10, the majority of the season has been a massive failure, Zion hurt again as always, laker swap meaningless, coaching staff looks sus, BI refused to play over a toe, CJ can't run an offense, and it's just... Dire. Revel in it. Bath in it. Because deluding yourself into some last minute hope for a crumb of decency, lets the organization pass with providing a bad product 80% of the years. Sucks to suck, and we usually do.

Have you seen the standings or follow what’s going on around the league ?

Ant Man is out Indefinitely for the Season for Minnesota, Kyrie left the last game in a Walking boot,Luka is out,Paul George is out for 3-4 weeks, and the clippers are in 5th and up 2 games on us. We play the clippers twice,GS once and home to Minnesota. The rest of the teams play one another. I truly believe we will move to 5th or 6th. We have won 2 straight games with Charlotte, PG-less clippers and a Dame-less blazers team up next.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Have you seen who are we playing untill the end of the season? Someone said we should have gone on a 7 game winning-streak or at least 6-1 against Rocket x2, OKC, Lakrers, Hornets, Spurs, Blazers, and we are now 3-3 and playing Charlotte next.
    Our games after that:
    2x Clippers
    GSW
    Sacramento
    Denver
    Memphis
    Portland
    New York
    Minnesota

No1 of those teams is resting players except maybe Portland, and all of those are better then us (then what we showed this season). If Zion does not play at least 5 games, and i think he is playing 0 games we are going 3-7 at best, and probably 2-8...

We can beat all of those teams you listed. None of them are world beaters and we have beat them before. Ant Man is out for Minny,Paul George is out for 3 weeks, we should’ve beaten GS last game in SF and we will this time,dame won’t play for Portland, we can beat all these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPel View Post
    We can beat all of those teams you listed. None of them are world beaters and we have beat them before. Ant Man is out for Minny,Paul George is out for 3 weeks, we should’ve beaten GS last game in SF and we will this time,dame won’t play for Portland, we can beat all these teams.
    We just lost to Houston, Lakers, and Thunder. Most of those teams are much better than those three, and Zion won't be evaluated again for 2-weeks. Get real.

cant wait to quote this in 10 days....

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    cant wait to quote this in 10 days....
    Go to the elite board if everyone over here is such a naive dummy that you need to mock.

It’s like some people haven’t been watching the games, but just tune into the standings. The Pelicans are bad. They aren’t just miraculously going to become good.

When we have no hope, the franchise pulls something out of their ***.

When we have hope people get injured.

Everyone rid your thoughts of all hope.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Have you seen the standings or follow what?s going on around the league ?

Ant Man is out Indefinitely for the Season for Minnesota, Kyrie left the last game in a Walking boot,Luka is out,Paul George is out for 3-4 weeks, and the clippers are in 5th and up 2 games on us. We play the clippers twice,GS once and home to Minnesota. The rest of the teams play one another. I truly believe we will move to 5th or 6th. We have won 2 straight games with Charlotte, PG-less clippers and a Dame-less blazers team up next.
    Have you been paying attention? Ant Man was questionable for tonight, will probably play on Friday. The Wolves also just got Towns back, Luka had 30 points tonight. George is out 2-3 weeks, not 3-4 weeks. Try keeping up.

On these last 10 games i only see us winning 4 games max. (And that's me being optimistic) games against hornets, blazers and clips 2x.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This message board is so toxic. The Pelicans are literally a half a game out right now and won the last 2 games by huge margins. Yall really are just unpleasant.

I see we still got some false hopers. Shhhh be quiet everyone. Don’t be a realist right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    This message board is so toxic. The Pelicans are literally a half a game out right now and won the last 2 games by huge margins. Yall really are just unpleasant.
    You aren't exhausted with the Pels being a bad team? This is the 5th year in a row we have a losing record. We've had a losing record in 10 of the last 12 seasons, including this one.

Yea, we are a half game out... of the play in. And those 2 games were against literally 2 of the 3 worst teams in the league, one of which we lost to before those wins.

I recognize that my perspective right now is particularly doom and gloom, but at the same time, fans refusing to ignore the incompetence and dire state of the team isn't toxic. After all, we're on our second consecutive "franchise changing, generational talent" #1 pick who is constantly hurt. That's not too fun.

Eternal optimists bro. It gets in the way of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Have you been paying attention? Ant Man was questionable for tonight, will probably play on Friday. The Wolves also just got Towns back, Luka had 30 points tonight. George is out 2-3 weeks, not 3-4 weeks. Try keeping up.
    George will be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    You aren't exhausted with the Pels being a bad team? This is the 5th year in a row we have a losing record. We've had a losing record in 10 of the last 12 seasons, including this one.

Yea, we are a half game out... of the play in. And those 2 games were against literally 2 of the 3 worst teams in the league, one of which we lost to before those wins.

I recognize that my perspective right now is particularly doom and gloom, but at the same time, fans refusing to ignore the incompetence and dire state of the team isn't toxic. After all, we're on our second consecutive "franchise changing, generational talent" #1 pick who is constantly hurt. That's not too fun.
    Then what good does it do to come to a message board to insult and belittle those who may still want to see how the rest of the season plays out?

Basketball Guru
    these last 10 games are playoffs games for us so its win or go home time...the way i look at it, is this..i should be getting playoff basketball from here on out and if i do then its a good season for me...ill only be disappointed if the team dont come out and play hard for the remainder of the season..

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Agreed.

It is one thing to be negative about the team. It is another think to mock those of us with hope. That is what's toxic about this place. No one's bashing those who root for losses and want Zion traded and Willie fired, etc. That's fine to feel negative about the team. Just don't be rude to those of us who derive pleasure from this team. I don't think that is an unfair request.

Thread Information