Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Regular season record and seeding: predictions

This weekend was pretty much the best outcome for reaching 6. Or solidifying a spot in the play in.

Especially by the time they play Minnesota you'd think Zion is back.

Now watch they crap the bed against a tanking team tomorrow.
    Last edited by luckyman; 03-26-2023 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This weekend was pretty much the best outcome for reaching 6. Or solidifying a spot in the play in.

I hope CJ doesn't go out there tomorrow with a "I'll show them" attitude and just let's the game come to him.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I hope CJ doesn't go out there tomorrow with a "I'll show them" attitude and just let's the game come to him.
    He has to be past this point, right? I mean the Blazers don?t even care to see it. They just wanted the games over.

They won’t do it. Don’t speak this evil.

Basketball Guru

that has been the pelicans way lately but i think they are playoffs focus and know every game has to be high energy..

https://twitter.com/TrailBlazersPR/s...005767680?s=20

We have to win this...schedule after this is thoughest in NBA

We control our own destiny up to the 5th seed. Will we get there? Unlikely, but I dont think 6th is out of reach. Win tonight and .500 the rest of the way basically guarantees a play in spot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Huge game tonight, its the last tanking team that we play before closing out the season with 8 difficult matchups. Reaaaaaally want a win here.

That makes for a 5th consecutive blow out win for the Pels. They are rolling. So if the Pels can beat GSW tomorrow does that move the team into 6th place?

Let’s go Pels!

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    A Kings comeback in the last few minutes over the T-Wolves sure would be nice

End of easy schedule(outside of Clippers) is there. Today we have Warriors on back to back, it will be very hard i give us 30% chance and that is only because our guys didnt play a lot last night and Warriors suck in away games. Then @ Denver which is probably a loss. Then Clippers, Sacramento, Memphis and Knicks at home. I really want to hope that by then Sac and Memphis fight for 3rd is settled and that Knicks will also rest the guys because they have nothing to play for. 2-2 in that stretch and then comes probably most important game of the season @ Minnesota...I predict 2-4 before Wolves and then last game will decide.

OKC schedule is easy, probably 5-2.
    Lakers schedule is easier then ours, i predict 4-3.
    Minnesota 3-2 + game against us.
    Dallas 3-3.
    Golden State 4-2.

That means

6. Gsw 43:39
    OKC 42:40
    Wolves 42:39 + game agains Pels
    Lakers 41:41
    Mavs 40:42

Pelicans 40:41 plus game against wolves.

Call me pesimistic but i dont see us reaching above 9, and 9 will also be hard considering schedule.
    Unless we play this stretch like we did last season, it will be hard to get into playoffs. Also if we are 9 or 10th seed i dont see Zion comming back.

Tonight's game will say a lot. Of all the games we have left, this one is the one I consider the hardest. Golden State is playing to stay out of the Play In Tournament and is 30 - 8 at home. I think their advantage is their guard play...we have the advantage underneath.

- JV has to stay out of foul trouble and come up big on the boards against Looney (limit GS in second chance point opportunities).
    - 3M3 has to win his personal battle against whomever (DiVincenzo / Kuminga / Wiggins)
    - BI can't let Draymond get in his head (it would be a plus if the referees played it straight)

CJ scares me big-time in this game against 6'6'' Clay Thompson and could never guard Steph. Might be a game where DD and JRich might be the better call, but will Willie make it.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Tonight's game will say a lot. Of all the games we have left, this one is the one I consider the hardest. Golden State is playing to stay out of the Play In Tournament and is 30 - 8 at home. I think their advantage is their guard play...we have the advantage underneath.

- JV has to stay out of foul trouble and come up big on the boards against Looney (limit GS in second chance point opportunities).
    - 3M3 has to win his personal battle against whomever (DiVincenzo / Kuminga / Wiggins)
    - BI can't let Draymond get in his head (it would be a plus if the referees played it straight)

CJ scares me big-time in this game against 6'6'' Clay Thompson and could never guard Steph. Might be a game where DD and JRich might be the better call, but will Willie make it.
    There's no game in the entire NBA universe where the "better call" would be to start DD or JRich over CJ. There just isn't.

Here you go for all the number geeks out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230328_110139.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	6651

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/pelicanswhatif.html

Winning 2 of the next 7 gives a 41% chance of 10th seed but we could still be left out.

Win 4 out the the last 7 gives 35% at both 6th and 7th seeds.

Win out and there's an 88% chance at the 4th seed.

All these also depend on what other teams do. We actually still control our own destiny up to the 5th seed. Win out and we are guaranteed at least 5th and more likely 4th.

Optimism rocks!
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 03-28-2023 at 11:08 AM.

BI has been spectacular and it is keeping us in the race that is for sure. What it boils down to is can we keep up the 3 pt shooting and the defense? We have held 3 of our last 4 opponents under 100. That just isn’t characteristic of this team. If both of those are here to stay for the remainder then we could come very close to winning out. I don’t think we will but it’s a promising stretch.

Wow, Charlotte did us a huge one again... OKC missed some FT's at the end to tie the game...

On nights when Ingram is on I dont know how you stop the mid range fade away. Im not sure it can be stopped.

OKC last second tip-in

Bad night, Lakers won, Utah won, at least Dalls lost. Lets see what happens to Wolves.

Wolves lost.

Huge win against the Clippers puts the Pels half a game back from taking the 6th spot. 4 games left to play. All of them are tough games but at least we have 3 at home and word is that Z could be making his return this home stand. We need to keep winning because other teams have some easy games on their schedule and we cant count on them to lose.

Portland and Minnesota going at it right no, 6 point game with 5 and a half min to go in the 4th. Would be a big win for us if Blazers can hold on.

Besides that we want the Suns to beat the Thunder, Rockets to beat Lakers, and Denver to beat Golden State tonight.

Holy crap Portland pulled it off.

Holy crap Portland pulled it off.
    Did you happen to see Portland's starting lineup? Not a single starter, a couple of undrafted free agents, a 10 day contract player, Matisse "no Offense" Thybulle, and Shaeden Sharpe. I put the game on expecting a first quarter blowout and ended up watching the whole thing.

Now if the Rockets can pull off the impossible tonight!!

Thread Information