Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Rockets

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    JV dominated this game

up by 7, 36 seconds left. Put the ball in Trey's hands and MAKE THEM FOUL HIM. He's one of the best FT shooters in the league. Enough of this ISO BS.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    up by 7, 36 seconds left. Put the ball in Trey's hands and MAKE THEM FOUL HIM. He's one of the best FT shooters in the league. Enough of this ISO BS.
    Im just happy they inbounded it successfully

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Good W. They made it hard on themselves but atleast stuck to the gameplan.

There's still hope! Looked like they were gonna blow this one again early in the 4th, but pulled away after they stopped giving up a buffet of FTs.

Every starter played 33 + minutes. That's why we are have to scramble at the end of games and why our opponents usually ending more free throws. If you don't move your legs, all you can do is reach and foul. It's either poor load management or no depth.

It wasn't so long ago that many of the 'talking heads' were touting the Pelicans' depth. I think that myth has been dispelled...at least in Willie's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Every starter played 33 + minutes. That's why we are have to scramble at the end of games and why our opponents usually ending more free throws. If you don't move your legs, all you can do is reach and foul. It's either poor load management or no depth.

It wasn't so long ago that many of the 'talking heads' were touting the Pelicans' depth. I think that myth has been dispelled...at least in Willie's mind.

They had double the FT attempts we did in the first half as well. It's not because we got tired.

Good job finding a way to be negative about this win

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Good job finding a way to be negative about this win
    I'm a basketball purist and always call it AISI. I will admit I wish a little more shallow; it must be nice. What's your secret?

I'm a basketball purist and always call it AISI. I will admit I wish a little more shallow; it must be nice. What's your secret?
    Its pretty simple you just have to realize that one of the "starters" who played 30+ minutes is a bench player, and that one of the team's other best bench players was out hurt, yet they still utilized a 10 man rotation and got a win.

Its pretty simple you just have to realize that one of the "starters" who played 30+ minutes is a bench player, and that one of the team's other best bench players was out hurt, yet they still utilized a 10 man rotation and got a win.
    Who you talking about? Certainly you are not talking about the fellow who has started 54 of 71 games. Is that the guy? The guy that has more starts than BI or Him and one less start than Herb? He's hardly a bench player...at least not on this team. But then again, I'm not shallow enough to disbelieve facts or numbers. Still like to know your secret?

Who you talking about? Certainly you are not talking about the fellow who has started 54 of 71 games. Is that the guy? The guy that has more starts than BI or Him and one less start than Herb? He's hardly a bench player...at least not on this team. But then again, I'm not shallow enough to disbelieve facts or numbers. Still like to know your secret?
    A team can only have 5 starters. Zion is a starter. Therefore one of the five who started this game was not a true starter. Simple. Also, its not at all unusual for starters to play minutes into the 30s.

A team can only have 5 starters. Zion is a starter. Therefore one of the five who started this game was not a true starter. Simple. Also, its not at all unusual for starters to play minutes into the 30s.
    Starters start. He is hardly a starter...at least not this year. It's simple, you don't need a slide rule to figure it out; numbers don't lie.

He (3M3) is not a true starter? I guess my eyes deceive me. LMAO!!

BTW # 1: 3M3 only has 20 more starts than BI but he's not a starter? LMAO!!!

BTW # 2: Only bench players qualify for 6th man of the year. The only requirement to be considered a bench player you ask?

-- The only eligibility requirement for the Sixth Man Award is that he comes off the bench for more games than he starts.

Sorry, man as I said, this year 3M3 is a starter. I know you are trying, but it's a losing proposition this year.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-19-2023 at 11:14 PM.

Nice win but we have a LOT to improve. Of course everyone else win so another draw night

Starters start. He is hardly a starter...at least not this year. It's simple, you don't need a slide rule to figure it out; numbers don't lie.

He (3M3) is not a true starter? I guess my eyes deceive me. LMAO!!

BTW # 1: 3M3 only has 20 more starts than BI but he's not a starter? LMAO!!!

BTW # 2: Only bench players qualify for 6th man of the year. The only requirement to be considered a bench player you ask?

-- The only eligibility requirement for the Sixth Man Award is that he comes off the bench for more games than he starts.

Sorry, man as I said, this year 3M3 is a starter. I know you are trying, but it's a losing proposition this year.
    Oh word, so Zion is not a starter! LOL.

Oh word, so Zion is not a starter! LOL.
    You're learning.

Funny y’all are saying this, cause someone on the spaces was rambling about Trey Murphy starting the rest of his career and how that should be the case. I agree that he should start and stay starting but not in Zion’s spot. Lol. Funny story is Zion didn’t celebrate one time as Trey scored his career high. It’s like he knew that Trey was competition, but I don’t think it should be that way. Trey should be competition for the starting 2G. He plays more like a 2G

Getting excited about splitting games with the rockets lol. Yall simping

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Funny y’all are saying this, cause someone on the spaces was rambling about Trey Murphy starting the rest of his career and how that should be the case. I agree that he should start and stay starting but not in Zion’s spot. Lol. Funny story is Zion didn’t celebrate one time as Trey scored his career high. It’s like he knew that Trey was competition, but I don’t think it should be that way. Trey should be competition for the starting 2G. He plays more like a 2G
    I agree he should be starting for our current starting 2G, but not as a starting 2G. He would be best suited as a 3. Then you move BI to the 2 because he's already been asked to play as a guard.

I agree he should be starting for our current starting 2G, but not as a starting 2G. He would be best suited as a 3. Then you move BI to the 2 because he's already been asked to play as a guard.
    I can see that. Either way, neither of those guys are a 4 is kind of what I mean. I could see BI as a two as well, but I personally am not a fan of BI. That’s just me. He’s too much of a ball stopper and moper for me to get behind. He single handedly cost them the first Rockets game by just refusing to stop shooting flat jumpers. I have never really been a fan of BI though so I’ll admit that. I don’t like iso players with low IQ.

The Franchise
    I can see that. Either way, neither of those guys are a 4 is kind of what I mean. I could see BI as a two as well, but I personally am not a fan of BI. That?s just me. He?s too much of a ball stopper and moper for me to get behind. He single handedly cost them the first Rockets game by just refusing to stop shooting flat jumpers. I have never really been a fan of BI though so I?ll admit that. I don?t like iso players with low IQ.
    Low IQ? Also, if a player does too much iso for anyone's liking then it's up to the coach to install an offensive system/scheme that minimizes iso's. If one doesn't exist, the team will seek out the best iso player on the floor to generate offense.

I can see that. Either way, neither of those guys are a 4 is kind of what I mean. I could see BI as a two as well, but I personally am not a fan of BI. That’s just me. He’s too much of a ball stopper and moper for me to get behind. He single handedly cost them the first Rockets game by just refusing to stop shooting flat jumpers. I have never really been a fan of BI though so I’ll admit that. I don’t like iso players with low IQ.
    IMHO, it's not so much BI as it is coaching. There is no offensive identity. We cannot adjust on the fly (coaching). We have no idea how to use the roster (ex: JV on the bench Friday when we couldn't rebound was ridiculous). I honestly think Willie's idea of coaching is putting the ball in BI and CJ's hands (#1, too, in the rare instance when he's available) and saying, "Guys create".

The coaching staff is clueless.

-or-

The roster sucks.

-or-

There's a combination of the two.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-20-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    BI low Bball IQ? I've heard it all now.

I’m sure you think all of his plays are the best available outcome.

I'm of the belief that BI is spread way too thin. He's asked to orchestrate the offense and score 25 a night. Nobody can consistently excel in this system (if that's what you want to call it) with this supporting cast (Willie inexplicably pulls JV at the oddest times). He's asked to play Batman with no Robins at his side (and that includes CJ who desperately wants to shed his familiar Robin role at all costs). We have no Reaves...no Monk's...no Poole's...no Bogdonavic's...no Banes'...no Cam Thomas' on this team who he can defer to with any certainty.

Nonetheless, last night he had 26 and 9. Those nine assists could have easily been 14 or 15 (I can think of two passes off the top of my head that lead to free throws for JV and Herb missed miserably on a couple of wide open threes) and we bungle uncontested layups at an alarming rate. So, if we could have cashed in properly, BI's potential 14 assists would have resulted in 28 additional points (at a minimum...some would have been 3's).

I don't know how you feel about it, but for one player to account for a minimum of 54 points seems like a pretty good game and sort of dispels the ISO-Ball tag many want to hang on him. And did you realize he accounted for 40%+ of the offense in Friday's loss.

Is he all that? Absolutely not (he frustrates me defensively). But, to point to him as a problem on this team is a reach.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-20-2023 at 07:27 PM.

Thread Information