Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 14th, Pels vs Lakers

Pelicans March 14th, Pels vs Lakers

Last time i made a thread against the Lakers i said it is most important game of the season. We were on 10 game loosing streak and Lakers were starting to get some wins. Luckly we won.

Now, more then month later it is basicly the same situation. We are playing quite bad and they are improving and looking like a good team even without Lebron.
    I don't feel confident as i did last time, because we got somehow worse as the season went, and also because we are not sure if Ingram is playing.

One thing is sure, Smoothie King Center has to be louuuuuuuuuud or it will all get downhill fast...

Zion and Alvarado are OUT, Ingram is questionable for this game.
    Lebron and Bamba are OUT, Davis is probable for this game.

WIN or fire up the Tank!!!

Woot woot.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

As it seems that Willie doesn't like playing JV, tonight is the night he has to AND USE HIM AS A "GO-TO PLAYER". They simply have to make AD do something he doesn't like doing...play against a physical 5. AD will simply feast off of JAX and/or LNJ. For his part, JV has to deliver and stay out of foul trouble.

I think, Herb can limit D'Lo, which leads to the biggest question mark of the night....Malik Beasley vs CJ.

If BI plays, he has to shake off the rust FAST.

In my mind this game is truly a coin flip. Hope SK crowd makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    As it seems that Willie doesn't like playing JV, tonight is the night he has to AND USE HIM AS A "GO-TO PLAYER". They simply have to make AD do something he doesn't like doing...play against a physical 5. AD will simply feast off of JAX and/or LNJ. For his part, JV has to deliver and stay out of foul trouble.

I think, Herb can limit D'Lo, which leads to the biggest question mark of the night....Malik Beasley vs CJ.

Feast off Hayes? I don't think so, although I do agree with you on making AD work and maybe even get in foul trouble. With Hayes on court AD will have to respect his athleticism which will soften up the inside.

Basketball Guru

you know somehow it will be, walker, reaves and schroder making a big differences if the lakers win....

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Feast off Hayes? I don't think so, although I do agree with you on making AD work and maybe even get in foul trouble. With Hayes on court AD will have to respect his athleticism which will soften up the inside.
    Maybe you're right; I hope you are. But I believe JAX will be playing off his feet in space (on/off an elevator) and going nowhere. When JAX lands, AD will already be at the rim. Like him or not, AD is a Top 5-10 player. JAX? Not so much. Also, since when is JAX a focal point of our offense....someone AD will have to 'respect'?

Let JAX run against Gabriel who is no outside threat.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-14-2023 at 04:38 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The Lakers are a good team now, far better than their record. Good measuring stick for the Pels, and also a critical game to pick up for multiple reasons.

Everybody locked and loaded? I sure am!!

Got to be ********ing kidding me. 14 - 0 start to the game, totally unbelievable

This is the most pathetic 4 min I have ever witnessed... Willie needed to call a timeout and sit Jonas at AD's third straight make. Letting this get to 14-0 is garbage coaching.

What time does the game start, guys? 7:30?

T-I-C

I wholeheartedly agree about feeding JV in the paint. Make AD work and get some high percentage looks

CJ doesnt have it going right now. Missed 3, missed layup, turnover

Pels are shooting a ton of 3's and bricking almost all of them

4/18 on field goals with 4 turnovers. Wow cant remember the last time I saw a game go sideways this quickly.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This team is garbage. Brandon Ingram is a losing player.

Alvin and SVG got fired for far better coaching. This team has absolutely no identity. Our game plan?

THE FLAVOR OF THE WEEK

This is unacceptable by both players and coaches. No one showing any awareness or restraint at all. Shot isn't falling and they are killing you in pace. SLOW THE GAME DOWN. Push to the rim. Even if you don't make it at least you don't set them up for easy fast breaks.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    This team is garbage. Brandon Ingram is a losing player.
    Brandon untouchable in trades ingram

Willie is just so damn bad.

This coach is absolute trash. I can’t recall a team being this inept with so much talent. He can’t figure out how to use Cj and BI together at all. It’s like two cones on the court.

Hall of Famer
    Still enough time to change the narrative

Let's see

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Still enough time to change the narrative

Let's see
    It doesnt seem possible right now

The Pelicans shoot 30 three point shots per game this year. In First Quarter tonight we attempted 16. That's what I mean by no identity.

The roster may be hodgepodge of mismatched NBA talent, but the coaching isn't even Sunday Church League worthy. Simply Horrible!!

Hall of Famer
    The Pelican shoot 30 three point shots per game. In First Quarter we attempted 16. That's what I mean by no identity.

The roster may be hodgepodge of mismatched NBA talent, but the coaching is even Sunday Church League worthy. Simply Horrible!!
    Chuck until you make it

But yeah no system

Willie seems like a motivator, and if he can't motivate its lights out

He is a worse version of Mark Jackson

Thread Information