Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pels vs Thunder Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Kira needs to be on the court with Hayes
    You would think.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m sure Willie is just lighting them up in the locker room for the complete lack of knowing how to play basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I’m sure Willie is just lighting them up in the locker room for the complete lack of knowing how to play basketball.
    It's kinda his fault, when CJ is off the floor Kira should be in, we constantly need a player on the court who can attack the rim.

It's kinda his fault, when CJ is off the floor Kira should be in, we constantly need a player on the court who can attack the rim.
    Attacking the rim doesn't make a damn bit of difference. They're bodying us up as we drive the lane and we NEVER get a call. A textbook defensive play by Herb to start the 3rd quarter should have been a charge on OKC, and they call a blocking fouls. Its become worse than WWE.

First Round Picks

# 1: Can't be relied upon.
    JAX: In need of development, currently buried by Willie,
    NAW: Never worked out here; now on his fourth team
    Kira: Injured in his second year and now buried by Willie.
    3M3: Spot Starter who shows signs but is at least two years away.
    DD: Plays sparingly out of need.

Meanwhile, two undrafted free agents (Jose' and Naji) are higher on the Pelican food chain than any of our first round picks absent # 1.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-11-2023 at 09:10 PM.

This team's new name should be brick city

19 turnovers in THREE quarters. I guess the refs figured they'd done enough damage. OKC only had two FTAs that quarter.

On another note we are without bi and Zion our 2 main guys that's 50+ points between the 2 that's missing. If we have them both healthy by the playoffs I don't see why we couldn't make a strong championship push

On another note we are without bi and Zion our 2 main guys that's 50+ points between the 2 that's missing. If we have them both healthy by the playoffs I don't see why we couldn't make a strong championship push
    Neither one of them help us defensively.

Makes you understand why players like Draymond get the number of techs they do. The refs are so pathetic, that sometimes the frustration just gets to you. These players make enough money, I'm not sure why more of them just don't get in the officials face and call them out, and pay whatever the fine is. Kind of the way baseball managers do when they argue a call. If they get ejected they just let loose.

Well my take away from tonight's game.....

Unlike the last game, tonight's game thread made it to a second page, and JAX played 30+ minutes.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Well my take away from tonight's game.....

Unlike the last game, tonight's game thread made it to a second page, and JAX played 30+ minutes.
    I'm still here, but i'm about as apathetic as a fan can be.

Our best players are CONSTANTLY injured, and i'm not wasting my time watching a coach who won't even experiment or evolve.

Being a good motivator/players coach only gets you so far...then you actually have to gameplan. And this coach seems to be very limited in imagination.

Basketball Guru
    some played heavy mins and we also play tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    some played heavy mins and we also play tomorrow...
    .....and Tuesday's game 'could' be a blood bath.

I will start this by saying, I am not bothered by Willie's coaching as much as most of you guys......BUT,
    Last year when this team started to roll late in the season he had a starting line up of .....
    CJ, Herb, BI, Jonas, and Jaxson.
    This group thrived, Yet I don't think Willie has started these players together once this year???????
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Now is the point of the season where we need to decide if we fight for that #10 in the West, or we fight for that #25 spot in league...
    Without Jose and Nance this team has no energy, Herb and Dyson are playing hard but they are calm and composed and they don't bring any energy. Without Zion and with CJ and Ingram playing like they are, we can't win without energy, so i would say it is better to go for that #25 since we are not getting that #10, and even if we get it we are out in first game...

No coach is going to win in the NBA with CJ and JV as their two superstars. I love those guys, but they're definitely just great #3s or 4s on a great team. I know it kills a message board to be so simplistic but the bottom line is that with BI and Zion healthy we are contenders, with just BI we are a play in team, with neither of them we are a lottery team. The coach doesn't make a difference.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    No coach is going to win in the NBA with CJ and JV as their two superstars. I love those guys, but they're definitely just great #3s or 4s on a great team. I know it kills a message board to be so simplistic but the bottom line is that with BI and Zion healthy we are contenders, with just BI we are a play in team, with neither of them we are a lottery team. The coach doesn't make a difference.
    Strongly disagree.

The coach (coaches) provides for the plan of attack (they have to be able to develop a game plan and implement it game by game...you don't attack the Thunder in the same manner as you do the Bucks). They have to be able to adjust on the fly (when x is not working, they have to recognize it and adjust, instantaneously, to allow for it). This coach has to 'push the right buttons' (adjust their personnel to provide for the best possible outcome). They have to develop their personnel (nobody, early in their career, is a finished product...not a lawyer, a doctor, a salesman and least of all, a 20/21/22 year old basketball player). Lastly, they have to 'have' their players (There is a difference between being liked as a person and being respected as a professional).

Bottom line:

- Front Office supplies players for the coaches.
    - Coaches develop a team's on-the-court identity (vision)
    - Players execute the coach's vision.

In my humble opinion, this team is failing on all three levels. I'll concede that we are not "BOWING DOWN". Instead, we are "FALLING DOWN" (again and again and again).
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-12-2023 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It is somewhat true but then you see a team like the Grizz who despite not having their best player and multiple key guys still play effectively. They have a system that works despite missing there key guys. It was like that last year as well. And you look at that roster and you check ours you'd be thinking why the hell can't we be like that cause it seems that we have more talent than they have.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    It is somewhat true but then you see a team like the Grizz who despite not having their best player and multiple key guys still play effectively. They have a system that works despite missing there key guys. It was like that last year as well. And you look at that roster and you check ours you'd be thinking why the hell can't we be like that cause it seems that we have more talent than they have.
    May I suggest that their talent is more well-rounded than ours which is more Boom or Bust, or my designation: "Flash or Crash" (think JAX)? There's a reason that we turned to JRich as soon as he got here this year...just like we turned to Tony Snell and (to a lesser extent) Gary Clark last year, and James Johnson and Sindarius Thornwell the year before that. I'm afraid, just like all home fans do around the league, we are severely overrating our talent (talent and potential are two different animals).

But to what you suggest, of course you are right, Memphis' coaching outclasses ours by miles.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    May I suggest that their talent is more well-rounded than ours which is more Boom or Bust, or my designation: "Flash or Crash" (think JAX)? There's a reason that we turned to JRich as soon as he got here this year...just like we turned to Tony Snell and (to a lesser extent) Gary Clark last year, and James Johnson and Sindarius Thornwell the year before that. I'm afraid, just like all home fans do around the league, we are severely overrating our talent (talent and potential are two different animals).

But to what you suggest, of course you are right, Memphis' coaching outclasses ours by miles.
    No lies told in this post ��

Thread Information