Pelicans Report

Thread: March 9, 2023 - Next 7 Games

Season Ticket Holder

March 9, 2023 - Next 7 Games

We won! Zion is out indefinitely! BI is hurt (again!) and we don't know if it is a big deal or not. Jose and Larry are still weeks away from returning.

Despite us being objectively bad, we are 2 games from being tied for the 5 seed. Here are our next 7 games:

OKC - We have 2 days to rest up for this home game against a team that is not very good.
    PDX - We just beat them in their house. They are banged up as well.
    LAL - They suck. Everyone knows this.
    @Houston - They are tanking
    @Houston - They are tanking
    SA - Woof. Bad team.
    CHAR- Woof. Bad team missing its best player.

Let's go on an 8 game winning streak!!!!! Who's with me?!?!?!?!?!?

I looked at this last night after the game. There is definitely an opportunity to go on a bit of a run. Anything less than 6 of the 8 will be a huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I looked at this last night after the game. There is definitely an opportunity to go on a bit of a run. Anything less than 6 of the 8 will be a huge disappointment.
    Trust me, it will be less then 6.

Okc- if shai plays then i think it's a toss up since we're playing at home.
    Pdx- should favor us but it's also our 2nd game of a back 2 back so who knows if we show up.
    Lal- is a toss up for me, they have been playing well after the trade deadline.
    Hou x2- should be a win for us.
    Sa- also a win for us.
    Cha- i slightly favor us to win since it's at home but the hornets have been playing good as well so wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.

We cannot lose the Houston, SA and Charlotte games. That is a given. OKC is not a bad team when SGA plays. LAL is playing much better lately. PDX toss up.

There is no reason to lose to the 'bottom feeders', the 'tankers', and the 'not-so-goods' unless we are one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    There is no reason to lose to the 'bottom feeders', the 'tankers', and the 'not-so-goods' unless we are one of them.
    Well…

Fingers crossed this is where the turnaround happens. Even so, Willie needs to be on the hotseat for the near future. I don’t mean we should panic or make a rash move but he needs to get the memo that these massive wrecks can’t continue. We need to see accountability from he and the players for the abysmal form.

Jumped the Jazz who lost tonight to the Heat tonight. Now in the Play in game. (Mavs lost tonight, too)

Laker game looms large!!!

This is the season, right here. Lose this, and you lose the tiebreaker to the Lakers, as well as drop behind everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Trust me, it will be less then 6.
    It is already less than 6, but lets see how next 4 games go.
    We need to go 4-0, but i dont see more than 3-1, probably 2-2.
    Someone needs to step up and make some noise in locker room...

Our last 8 games are brutal...all against good teams that will fight for something(except portland maybe)...
    At this point i would make Willie a tank commander!

Season Ticket Holder
    OKC - L
    PDX - W
    LAL - L
    @Houston - L
    @Houston - W
    SA - W
    CHAR- ?

We will either go 4-3 or 3-4. Not great. Thankfully, the West is terrible and no one wants to run away with even the 6 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    OKC - L
    PDX - W
    LAL - L
    @Houston - L
    @Houston - W
    SA - W
    CHAR- ?

We will either go 4-3 or 3-4. Not great. Thankfully, the West is terrible and no one wants to run away with even the 6 seed.
    So bad. We don't deserve to make the playoffs if we can't even beat garbage teams when it matters, not to mention getting absolutely curb STOMPED by a Lakers team that is just a plastic tub, covered in gold spray paint, and filled with tepid water.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    So bad. We don't deserve to make the playoffs if we can't even beat garbage teams when it matters, not to mention getting absolutely curb STOMPED by a Lakers team that is just a plastic tub, covered in gold spray paint, and filled with tepid water.
    I don't necessarily disagree with you. But "deserve" ain't got nothing to do with anything.

Thread Information