Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: March 1st - New Orleans Pelicans vs Portland Trailblazers - 30-32

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Pels about to beat the Warriors with their own small ball death lineup. With the enforcer Herb as the anchor. Naji plus 24 and really opened up the floor. However he was used today should be his role going forward.

I still cant beleave that no1 on coaching staff has the balls to tell Ingram and CJ to stop taking contested long 2s. It is so obvious even some dumb espn analyst sees it...

No free throws,no layups and bad rebounding. With thay style of play we could have Durant and Jordan and it wouldnt help...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    Dyson is unlocking a lot for CJ tonight. Doing the dirty work guarding Dame and keeping the ball moving when it gets in his hands as the secondary guard. CJ just has to score when they are paired together and he's having a great game.
    You love to see it! CJ + Dyson could be the move going forward?

Season Ticket Holder
    Our next game is at GSW, who will have been playing the night before in Los Angeles. GSW on a back-to-back with no Steph...that's pretty much all you could ask for luck-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    You love to see it! CJ + Dyson could be the move going forward?
    First two times they sit out everyone, hope this happens again...we need the win but the way we are playing, we are not getting it against healthy stephless warriors...

It would be interesting to see the team with Jax as it’s starting center. I don’t think we would be any worse defensively. The Pels don’t really feed JV heavily offensively, so I think the increased pace and athleticism Jax could provide would be interesting to watch.

Lineup:

PG: CJ/Kira
    SG: Richardson/Daniels
    SF: Ingram/Murphy
    PF: Jones/Marshall
    C: Hayes/JV

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    jax has to stop jumping and just put his hands in the air....thats the second foul he made jumping with dame..
    Jax has been deemed the "paratrooper" for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Huge win. BI put the team on his back. This W may have just saved the season.
    This is why I dont do game threads. You'd think he was stinking the place up.

Sometimes when you can't rely on your teammates, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    It would be interesting to see the team with Jax as it’s starting center. I don’t think we would be any worse defensively. The Pels don’t really feed JV heavily offensively, so I think the increased pace and athleticism Jax could provide would be interesting to watch.

Lineup:

PG: CJ/Kira
    SG: Richardson/Daniels
    SF: Ingram/Murphy
    PF: Jones/Marshall
    C: Hayes/JV
    For the remainder of the season, I would play Daniels with CJ (also there are no guarantees on JRich after this year). Otherwise, I like it until # 1 comes back.

After Zion came back, the Pels started passing him the ball and getting out of the way. Bad habits continued after Zion got re-injured: they just started giving the ball to BI. It's amazing how different the game is with the second unit that does not have the go-to player. Amazing how many times the second unit got us back into games. Last season the Pels' first unit was better at sharing the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    jax has to stop jumping and just put his hands in the air....thats the second foul he made jumping with dame..
    If CJ didn't let Dame get in front of him so easily Hayes would've had time to get into position, same happen with Bi when he bit on a pump fake and Hayes was not in position to compensate for bi getting burned. Those 2 fouls wasn't on him.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    If CJ didn't let Dame get in front of him so easily Hayes would've had time to get into position, same happen with Bi when he bit on a pump fake and Hayes was not in position to compensate for bi getting burned. Those 2 fouls wasn't on him.
    Exactly, and that's why I am so amused when JV gets bashed for fouling or 'letting his man score' when covering for defensive breakdowns at the guard position. Don't get me wrong, JV is a bad fit for this team but he is very capable.

Aside: I have been screaming for a stretch 5 since we drafted Him. Would have been nice to go after Mo Bamba at trade deadline. This upcoming off-season, I'm hopeful that Naz Reid finds his way to New Orleans and JAX reunites with Chris Finch and Kevin Hanson.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Pels about to beat the Warriors with their own small ball death lineup. With the enforcer Herb as the anchor. Naji plus 24 and really opened up the floor. However he was used today should be his role going forward.
    Herb = Draymond 2.0 in Willie’s death lineup.

That was really nice game BI !

Thread Information