Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jose/Nance/Zion Injuries

Season Ticket Holder

Jose/Nance/Zion Injuries

Jose is out for 3 weeks.
    Larry is out for 2 weeks.
    Zion will be "re-evaluated" in one week. If cleared, it will likely take at least a week to ramp him up.

Will this force Willie to play more of Dyson/Trey/Kira? I hope so.

The West is nuts. We have 30 wins and are in 10th place. Phoenix has 33 wins and are in 4th place. OKC has 28 wins and are in 13th place. Anything can happen. I am anti-tanking. I don't think it is good for an organization. But this year it is quite tempting. The team currently in the 5th slot (Orlando) has 26 wins. So we're 4 games from being the 5th worst team in the league and 3 games from being the #4 seed in the West.

Luckily, I do not possess magical thinking so it doesn't matter if I am rooting for the #4 seed in the West or the #5 seed in the lottery odds. But the way this team is playing on offense, it sure looks like the lottery odds are better than the playoff odds.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    No, he will play Garrett Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    But the way this team is playing on offense, it sure looks like the lottery odds are better than the playoff odds.
    I would have to agree with this assessment.

If # 1 is out for 10 more games (EJ may be back before Him), color me 'Team Tank'. Then, play CJ off the bench, and play the youth huge minutes (including Seabron). A little over a two months ago we are sitting in First Place in the West and now this? That should tell you just how fragile (literally) this roster AND COACHING STAFF is.

NOTE: I want one more good look at JAX before we bury him.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-01-2023 at 09:47 AM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If # 1 is out for 10 more games (EJ may be back before Him), color me 'Team Tank'. Then, play CJ off the bench, and play the youth huge minutes (including Seabron). A little over a two months ago we are sitting in First Place in the West and now this? That should tell you just how fragile (literally) this roster AND COACHING STAFF is.

NOTE: I want one more good look at JAX before we bury him.
    Really? You need to see MORE from Jax? He doesn't know how to play basketball!!! He's lost out there.

Really? You need to see MORE from Jax? He doesn't know how to play basketball!!! He's lost out there.
    This organization has done him no favors; you have to be blind as a bat to not see that. Three coaches (and staffs) in four years, and mixed messages ("you are a 5, JAX"; "never mind you are a 4"; "sit down, JAX", "but now you are a five") is not going to get it done. Don't get me wrong, his development is JAXSON's responsibility, but this team has done NOTHING to provide him with a platform or a consistent plan to bring his talent to the fore

Think about it, how has # 1 added to his game as a Pelican? He is as he always was and no more since landing at MSY.

Now we have to see if the club screws up with Kira, 3M3, and DD, too.

While I am thinking about it, what happened to all those posters that elevated Fred Vinson to the god of NBA Shooting Coaches? Where did they go? Maybe Lonzo's improvement was Lonzo's work ethic coming forth. In any case, why is this rendition of the Pelicans such a poor shooting team when the god of NBA Shooting Coaches sits right next to Willie at gametime?. Or, how can an NBA Starter, Airball two, wide-open, corner threes to open back to back games with Coach Fred personally 'coaching' him?

ASIDE: Mac was 100% correct.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-01-2023 at 11:53 AM.

ASIDE: I was 100% correct.
    Fify

Season Ticket Holder
    This organization has done him no favors; you have to be blind as a bat to not see that. Three coaches (and staffs) in four years, and mixed messages ("you are a 5, JAX"; "never mind you are a 4"; "sit down, JAX", "but now you are a five") is not going to get it done. Don't get me wrong, his development is JAXSON's responsibility, but this team has done NOTHING to provide him with a platform or a consistent plan to bring his talent to the fore

Think about it, how has # 1 added to his game as a Pelican? He is as he always was and no more since landing at MSY.

Now we have to see if the club screws up with Kira, 3M3, and DD, too.

While I am thinking about it, what happened to all those posters that elevated Fred Vinson to the god of NBA Shooting Coaches? Where did they go? Maybe Lonzo's improvement was Lonzo's work ethic coming forth. In any case, why is this rendition of the Pelicans such a poor shooting team when the god of NBA Shooting Coaches sits right next to Willie at gametime?. Or, how can an NBA Starter, Airball two, wide-open, corner threes to open back to back games with Coach Fred personally 'coaching' him?

ASIDE: Mac was 100% correct.
    That's a lot of excuses for a guy in his fourth season who straight up doesn't know what to do on a basketball court. Lol.

That's a lot of excuses for a guy in his fourth season who straight up doesn't know what to do on a basketball court. Lol.
    To you, excuses; to me, reality. And please note, I clearly stated his development was his responsibility, or did you not conveniently miss that?
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-01-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Fify
    I'm complimented...but you are not as astute as you might think.

Season Ticket Holder
    To you, excuses; to me, reality. And please note, I clearly stated his development was his responsibility, or did you not conveniently miss that?
    You're talking out both sides of your mouth, but okay.

Your initial point was you thought it would be beneficial to see "one more good look at Jax." I disagree. He sucks. You're not gonna learn anything more about him.

Why does he suck? I think we can all agree that the main cause is that he's simply immature. You can blame the coaching staff all you want, but you'd be a fool not to conclude that the proximate cause of his sucking is between the ears. I'm not sure any coach could teach that guy how to grow up. But feel free to blame Fred Vinson for Jax's immaturity.

You're talking out both sides of your mouth, but okay.

Your initial point was you thought it would be beneficial to see "one more good look at Jax." I disagree. He sucks. You're not gonna learn anything more about him.

Why does he suck? I think we can all agree that the main cause is that he's simply immature. You can blame the coaching staff all you want, but you'd be a fool not to conclude that the proximate cause of his sucking is between the ears. I'm not sure any coach could teach that guy how to grow up. But feel free to blame Fred Vinson for Jax's immaturity.
    Try again. I clearly stated that it was JAX' responsibility to improve. Only pointed out that Pelicans haven't shown the ability to develop talent.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Agree Jax is past the point of turning the corner with this team. Also, why can't Mac go away like he kept saying he would.

Bigs take time to develop and Pels knew Jax was very raw when they drafted him. They just have never really stuck to developing him and it really sucks. He’s going to go somewhere else and be a good player. Athletes like him don’t come around often. He just needs coaching the same way that Monty did with AD.

Season Ticket Holder
    Try again. I clearly stated that it was JAX' responsibility to improve. Only pointed out that Pelicans haven't shown the ability to develop talent.
    Its ok to admit you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Bigs take time to develop and Pels knew Jax was very raw when they drafted him. They just have never really stuck to developing him and it really sucks. He’s going to go somewhere else and be a good player. Athletes like him don’t come around often. He just needs coaching the same way that Monty did with AD.
    JAX definitely has the physical tools to excel. In year one, I called for them to ship him off to Erie (G.League) because he was very new to the game. The wise guys of the forum thought I was nuts and said he would develop much faster in NO. Now, three coaches later, he shows little, if any, improvement. It was on JAX to become an NBA player, but the organization did very little to develop him.

Physical talent like his doesn't come around every day. Too bad many want to give up on him at age 22. I guess they were the same folks who labeled BI a bust at 22.

Aside: He already shows one ability the guy drafted by the Pelicans ahead of him in '19 doesn't......avail-ABILITY. Just Sayin'

Season Ticket Holder
    JAX definitely has the physical tools to excel. In year one, I called for them to ship him off to Erie (G.League) because he was very new to the game. The wise guys of the forum thought I was nuts and said he would develop much faster in NO. Now, three coaches later, he shows little, if any, improvement. It was on JAX to become an NBA player, but the organization did very little to develop him.

Physical talent like his doesn't come around every day. Too bad many want to give up on him at age 22. I guess they were the same folks who labeled BI a bust at 22.

Aside: He already shows one ability the guy drafted by the Pelicans ahead of him in '19 doesn't......avail-ABILITY. Just Sayin'
    You're not very good at this. Lol.

You're not very good at this. Lol.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. But, I concluded that you, my friend, have an excuse. And, what's that, you ask?

Sheer, unadulterated IGNORANCE.

Tell me, UD, is it really 'Bliss'?

Who is excited to watch Tonight’s Garrett Temple minutes?

It's 5:00 P and no one has started a thread for tonight's game and many have vanished.

Oh, Well!!!

Crazy how all the hype is completely gone. It’s like we are watching Alvin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Crazy how all the hype is completely gone. It’s like we are watching Alvin again.
    Or else, they expose themselves for what they are:

"Fair Weather Fans".

All that's left are basketball enthusiasts.

Basketball Guru
    Or else, they expose themselves for what they are:

"Fair Weather Fans".

All that's left are basketball enthusiasts.
    this board do have up and down fans.......

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I think it will be refreshing to see more Dyson and Kyra minutes.

I’m hoping we see a lineup of Kira, Dyson, Herb, Trey, Jax. Atleast then a loss wouldn’t be so bad.

Thread Information