Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: February 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Orlando Magic - 30-31

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Let the young guys free and get rid of all these slow vets. When Cj is on the court, the entire team looks 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Hayes, Dyson, and Kira should ply every game. Nobody develops from the bench. Franchise is such a damn joke, when it comes to developing.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

While Willie is chasing ghosts, our youth is rotting.

All CJ is doing is cashing out...preparing for his post-playing career. (It wasn't going to happen in Portland in he knew it....90MM+ over three years was never going to happen)
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-28-2023 at 08:30 AM.

Hall of Famer
    Get a Center who can play defense . Would have liked myles turner

Don't think cj is going anywhere

But if zion can't be relied upon to actually be on the court this franchise is cooked
    Last edited by Speakthetruth; 02-28-2023 at 08:41 AM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Went to the game last night. Woof. We really suck. I've been in denial.

I remember when I re-upped my season tickets last year thinking, "this team is fantastic, even without Zion!" Well, that was last year.

Thank god the West is crap. We have 30 wins and are in 10th place. Phoenix has 33 wins and they're in 4th. We get Zion back, and we'll be good. If we don't, I don't see us making the play-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Get a Center who can play defense . Would have liked myles turner

Don't think cj is going anywhere

But if zion can't be relied upon to actually be on the court this franchise is cooked
    Admittedly, JV is not what this team needs. He is simply asked to cover for CJ and Jose' too much thus leaving his man open (and getting no offside help....3M3 or BI).
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-28-2023 at 09:02 AM.

In order for us to be championship caliber cj needs to be our 6th man
    Zion must be healthy
    And Dyson Jose or Kira must turn into good lead guards atleast mike conley level

Brandon reminds me of joe Johnson as talented as he is he just wants to play the right way and get teammates involved while picking his spots
    Wish he?d be more aggressive

Basketball Guru
    CJ dont have his dame over here to run the ship while zion is out.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    CJ dont have his dame over here to run the ship while zion is out.....
    Exactly. This old geezer has been carried for a decade and decided he wants to turn into a superstar at 34. He is scared to lose his minutes to anyone so he acts like they are the problem instead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Brandon reminds me of joe Johnson as talented as he is he just wants to play the right way and get teammates involved while picking his spots
    Wish he?d be more aggressive
    It’s hard for him to be more aggressive. He mostly has no room to operate because all of the touches he gets is iso and leads to 1v3.

It’s hard for him to be more aggressive. He mostly has no room to operate because all of the touches he gets is iso and leads to 1v3.
    Exactly!!

At some point (God Forbid) Brandon is going to want out. And, honestly, who could blame him. He's ridiculed by some fans, labeled a ball hog by others, and told he's the second fiddle to a constant 'no show' (the face of the team...haha), Mr. Inactive - Injured. He gets spread so thin (if not beat up) on the court; it's ridiculous. Eventually, he will pull a 'Kyrie', a 'KD', a 'LeBron', or less we forget, an 'AD'. He almost has to in order to survive unless things change drastically and with all due haste.

WHAT A FRICK'N SHAME!!!

I often think we are much more emotionally attached to them than they are to themselves. I don’t get the sense from them that losing hurts as much as it does to us for them to lose. That in itself is demoralizing.

I often think we are much more emotionally attached to them than they are to themselves. I don’t get the sense from them that losing hurts as much as it does to us for them to lose. That in itself is demoralizing.
    Why is that demoralizing? Shouldnt it be a wake up call that you are overvaluing something?

Best part of A Bronx Tale -- "Why are you crying over Mickey Mantle? You think, when your dad can't pay the rent, Mickey Mantle is going to be crying about you?"

They dont care. Its a job. Their life is far more important -- just like you and your job. I am sure you try, but at the end of the day its a means to an end so you can have a good life outside of work.

You guys only put up with this in sports. I have said this for years -- If you went to a restaurant and far more times than not the quality of the food was bad, the experience was bad, and they were doing little to nothing to make it better, you wouldnt spend your time or money there. But for some reason, with sports, you just keep putting up with it over and over again, giving them more time and money. Its wild. Only business in the world you would keep investing your time and money in when getting this return. It should "demoralize" you, it should wake you up.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Why is that demoralizing? Shouldnt it be a wake up call that you are overvaluing something?

Best part of A Bronx Tale -- "Why are you crying over Mickey Mantle? You think, when your dad can't pay the rent, Mickey Mantle is going to be crying about you?"

They dont care. Its a job. Their life is far more important -- just like you and your job. I am sure you try, but at the end of the day its a means to an end so you can have a good life outside of work.

You guys only put up with this in sports. I have said this for years -- If you went to a restaurant and far more times than not the quality of the food was bad, the experience was bad, and they were doing little to nothing to make it better, you wouldnt spend your time or money there. But for some reason, with sports, you just keep putting up with it over and over again, giving them more time and money. Its wild. Only business in the world you would keep investing your time and money in when getting this return. It should "demoralize" you, it should wake you up.
    Good to see you back brother. I get what you are saying thoroughly. I have tried to turn them off…… it’s much more than bad food for me, it’s a bad addiction. I’m all things Nola, so I will always root for them through thick and thin.

To be fair B.i's game is mostly iso based. Even at times when he has an open shot he would prefer to go for his rhythm dribble and take a contested mid range. (Which he still can make but requires more energy). the only difference now is he isn't surrounded by shooting threats allowing teams to trap and help out on him. That's the same problem that zion gets, it's just he's faster more explosive,stronger and goes closer to the basket rather than the middy.. and both of them require so much energy to generate on each turn on offense.

Season Ticket Holder

That's why we're called "fans" and not "likers".

I've learned to be less emotionally invested and watch games for fun. But that was not always the case. I went to the game last night. Bucket hat night. I had a lot of fun. I got a silly hat. I wore it all game. I drank a lot of vodka cause I realized that I had way too much money left my season-ticket holder concession allotment and had to spend the money. We moved down to the front row and had a great view of the failed comeback. Jose hit a big three right in front of us. I got to heckle Markelle Fultz. He totally missed on a 3 point attempt and when the next play he inbounded the ball right in front of us I yelled, "keep shooting Fultz" a bunch of times. hahahaha funny me! I got a picture with Pierre. I had a great time. It was a terrible loss though.

The biggest problem(s) this team has (in order):

2. Coaching
    3. No PG
    4. Shooting
    5. Defense

Other than that, we are in good shape
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-28-2023 at 03:36 PM.

That has to be one of the worst analogies I've ever heard. We ( most of us ) follow a sports team pro and especially college because they represent HOME, Our city or state. Some follow them because their parent or relatives exposed them to us usually at a young age. They become like family they don't always do what you want them to. Sometimes they disappoint you and sometimes they even make you quite proud but you don't abandon them when they don't do what you want them to. They are not some restaurant you can drop because you had a few bad meals. You cry over Mickey Mantle because great players for your favorite team become like family no matter if the rent gets paid or not.I feel sorry for those that don't have a team they consider family
    Last edited by djrnno; 02-28-2023 at 08:42 PM.

We are looking out there like kids in the fog #PelsLife

Thread Information