Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is getting Zion back the ultimate cure to fix this team?

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Very odd take for a young team that was in need of a veteran leader.
    Yeah. This is a pretty nutty take. Every time Zion is interviewed he praises CJ.

I agree that Willie is making a big mistake by not playing younger players.
    I agree that CJ's public persona is annoying.
    I couldn't disagree more when you claim CJ killed team chemistry. I'm not in the locker room and neither are you. But I've listened to enough player interviews to know you're simply wrong.

They had a seasoned coached who stressed defense and he was rejected. Now they have a guy who is as green (no pun intended) as they are.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    They had a seasoned coached who stressed defense and he was rejected. Now they have a guy who is as green (no pun intended) as they are.
    I love Stan. I thought the hire was inspired.

He was a terrible defensive coach here. His strategy that we should let opponents shoot all the threes they want, but protect the rim was moronic. He deserved to be fired. I'm not saying Willie is a great coach, but let's not pretend like Stan's defensive coaching was actually successful. Cause our defense sucked with Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I love Stan. I thought the hire was inspired.

He was a terrible defensive coach here. His strategy that we should let opponents shoot all the threes they want, but protect the rim was moronic. He deserved to be fired. I'm not saying Willie is a great coach, but let's not pretend like Stan's defensive coaching was actually successful. Cause our defense sucked with Stan.
    Players play; coaches coach. Stan had a documented history; so did the players he coached while here (long before he got here...and the beat goes on).

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Players play; coaches coach. Stan had a documented history; so did the players he coached while here (long before he got here...and the beat goes on).
    That's just it. He had a documented history in a time when the NBA was much different. His style, which stressed guarding the rim at the risk of leaving the perimeter open was ok in a time when 3s were not nearly as prevalent. The NBA passed him by terribly.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Yeah. This is a pretty nutty take. Every time Zion is interviewed he praises CJ.

I agree that Willie is making a big mistake by not playing younger players.
    I agree that CJ's public persona is annoying.
    I couldn't disagree more when you claim CJ killed team chemistry. I'm not in the locker room and neither are you. But I've listened to enough player interviews to know you're simply wrong.
    Yeah since the players are just going to publicly say they don’t like CJ.

We got CJ and I am sure the thinking was a veteran like him would infuse leadership into our young team. That on the surface doesn't always seem correct .He is not a player you can count on every single game and he doesn't always live up to his hype. He has a way of disappearing and making bone headed plays at the worst times in games , Jonas Valanciunas does this also and it makes me lose my freakin mind when they play with a lack of awareness and emotion . They are the elder leaders on this squad.

Basketball Guru
    well jose is out now so i hope we get to see kira or dyson running the show ....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    well jose is out now so i hope we get to see kira or dyson running the show ....
    Make Dyson a PG and never go back.

Willie: hmm no jose.. well 48 min for cj at the point then

Finally, Jake called out Willie for being horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    We got CJ and I am sure the thinking was a veteran like him would infuse leadership into our young team. That on the surface doesn't always seem correct .He is not a player you can count on every single game and he doesn't always live up to his hype. He has a way of disappearing and making bone headed plays at the worst times in games , Jonas Valanciunas does this also and it makes me lose my freakin mind when they play with a lack of awareness and emotion . They are the elder leaders on this squad.
    CJ is also injured. The thumb is clearly an issue, yet Willie has not lightened his load. Not sure what is going on with JV. It is almost as if Willie has gone completely away from him. He is getting less minutes and less plays called for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Finally, Jake called out Willie for being horrible.
    Don't tell me you're a this guy worshipper

Pick any poster on this board and they would have more insightful takes than this extremely well manicured man
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-03-2023 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Don't tell me you're a this guy worshipper

Pick any poster on this board and they would have more insightful takes than this extremely well manicured man
    I think he’s mediocre at best, but at least he called Willie out. Someone has to do it. The posters on the board don’t get any notoriety, so it doesn’t matter what we think on Willie’s coaching. We need the writers to relay what we think and he pretty much did that in the podcast.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I think he’s mediocre at best, but at least he called Willie out. Someone has to do it. The posters on the board don’t get any notoriety, so it doesn’t matter what we think on Willie’s coaching. We need the writers to relay what we think and he pretty much did that in the podcast.
    Jake has no juice. His criticism of the team is like a fly on an elephant's ******.

To be fair, no one that covers the team has any influence.

Worst thing about those Dunc'd on Podcasts is that you have to hear "Dunc'd on Podcast" 1000 times every podcast. If podcast is an hour long, half an hour they are advertising the podcast ...its anoying as ********...
    It doesn't help that quality of casters is mediocre, but as i said, its not worst thing about those podcasts...

Yet you keep listening

Yet you keep listening
    Same problem as with comming back to this forum and replaying to idiotic posts like this one...

Season Ticket Holder
    Yet you keep listening
    I listen to Jake sometimes because I really want Pelicans content. But man is he annoying with the way he does the show. There are three segments and the first segment he doesn't even get to the info until three minutes in. Then, there's a commercial and he plugs the saints or NBA podcast to lead off the second segment. He then tells you what you just heard in the first segment, gives you 3 minutes of content in the second segment, teases the third segment and another commercial. The third segment starts off with another plug for another podcast, he recaps the first and second segment and then you get another 3 minutes.

There's basically 9 minutes of content in a 30 minute pod. God bless him. I couldn't do a daily podcast about anything, much less a basketball team that plays 3 times a week. However, I listen to a Locked on podcast for my favorite football team and the host doesn't waste all that time recapping and previewing.

But yeah, I keep listening cause at least his show is professional.

Thread Information