Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: February 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Lakers - 30-28

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Willie should seek someone from the outside to come in and help coach offense to finish the season. The Pels have two players on offense and nobody else. Shouldn’t be like that. The two players are also really reluctant to involve everyone else. Just a bad situation to be in 61 games into a season.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Lakers got Russell, Beasley, Vanderbilt, Mo Bamba at the trade deadline. How did they do that? Seriously. It really makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jake Madison mentioned on his podcast that the Pelicans had a deal in place for Beasley and Vanderbilt but for some reason Utah preferred the Lakers offer. I guess because they were able to send Conley to Minnesota in the 3 team deal. The Pelicans offer was just between them and Utah.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 02-16-2023 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It?s mostly Willie Green?s inability to adjust at all, which makes everything look terrible. The roster is fine, the coach is not.
    I think fans overvalue this roster too much. Especially the role players.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    This!!!!!

Discounting BI (and # 1 when he can play), who is better on this team than the five players the Lakers just added:

Hachimura, Beasley, Vanderbilt, Bamba, and Russell.

Those five players would crush our team (without BI and # 1) every day of the week (and those were players other teams got rid of).
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-16-2023 at 08:49 AM.

I think that as well. It still doesn’t explain why every shot the starters take is difficult.

It’s like I expect the reserves to not build a big lead to an extent, but the way the starters play defense and offense, is inexcusable. I’m just thankful that our media is calling him out.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 02-16-2023 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It’s like I expect the reserves to lose a big lead to an extent, but the way the starters play defense and offense, is inexcusable.
    We usually lose the lead at 0-0. They have to make changes in the starting lineup.

Zero for six is not cutting it from the PF, especially when his defense is even worse (yes, worse than 0 for 6) and you get no rebounding.

INSERT JAXSON (OR LNJ) NOW!!!!

Also, your SG has to be able to shoot....especially when he is being torched defensively. (I mean SG does mean Shooting Guard, doesn't it?)

That's why you need a competent PG...to move CJ to SG.

Plus, Jose' is really a defensive liability in the halfcourt. (Love his energy, but 6'0'' is 6'0'')

```

Every game is the same thing. If Brandon or CJ doesn't come out on fire, we are down by 10 after the first and clawing back all game.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-16-2023 at 09:19 AM.

All facts. They need to evaluate every aspect of the first 61 games. Starters should definitely be changed, if that’s what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    We usually lose the lead at 0-0. They have to make changes in the starting lineup.

Zero for six is not cutting it from the PF, especially when his defense is even worse (yes, worse than 0 for 6) and you get no rebounding.

INSERT JAXSON (OR LNJ) NOW!!!!

Also, your SG has to be able to shoot....especially when he is being torched defensively. (I mean SG does mean Shooting Guard, doesn't it?)

That's why you need a competent PG...to move CJ to SG.

Plus, Jose' is really a defensive liability in the halfcourt. (Love his energy, but 6'0'' is 6'0'')

```

Every game is the same thing. If Brandon or CJ doesn't come out on fire, we are down by 10 after the first and clawing back all game.
    Would you be open to bringing in a guy like Westbrook if it meant that CJ can move back to his natural position?

Would you be open to bringing in a guy like Westbrook if it meant that CJ can move back to his natural position?
    Short term? Absolutely, with one caveat. It has to be on a cap-friendly basis. In other words, I wouldn't want to go into the luxury tax just to get him. Westbrook was scapegoated in LA.

Westbrook
    CJ
    Brandon
    Herb
    JV

I think so. If # 1 ever came back we could compete for the conference. Maybe not win it (The Joker) but certainly compete.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-16-2023 at 10:14 AM.

Hall of Famer
    Jose and Trey combined for 4 points in 44 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    While shooting 1 for 13 (7.69%)

jose's falloff has been disappointing. from consistent and among the leaders in plus minus a good bit into the season, to this.

personally i think starting rich and sliding herb to the 4 could make some sense.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    trey mind was on the dunk contest last night lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    jose's falloff has been disappointing. from consistent and among the leaders in plus minus a good bit into the season, to this.

personally i think starting rich and sliding herb to the 4 could make some sense.
    On July 29. 2021, when we signed him as an undrafted FA, I said this was a good pick up (still think he was). But, I didn't mean as a 25 minute a night guy. He should be used in short bursts and play no more than 12 minutes a night.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    trey mind was on the dunk contest last night lol...
    There is a lot of up-side to Trey, but he will take time. Right now, he is the definition of 'one-trick-pony'. You see small signs of an expanding game, but until there is consistency, he will be a negative player.

Funny how these comments only appear after a loss. Nowhere to be found when they win.

This is still a team with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players in key roles. Then you have main guys with injury problems. For most players it takes a good 5 years to find consistent footing. Players like Josh Richardson helps, but he just got here.

The one thing you should not expect is consistency with this current roster. Which also means fans need to learn how not to overreact to wins AND LOSSES.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Funny how these comments only appear after a loss. Nowhere to be found when they win.

This is still a team with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players in key roles. Then you have main guys with injury problems. For most players it takes a good 5 years to find consistent footing. Players like Josh Richardson helps, but he just got here.

The one thing you should not expect is consistency with this current roster. Which also means fans need to learn how not to overreact to wins AND LOSSES.
    Honestly, being a fan is nothing but overreactions. A team wins a couple and they are title contenders. Lose 10 games in a row and the franchise is moving. That’s why it’s important to see the ups and the downs. Lately, it has been a lot of ups and downs. Most of us just want a winner at the end of the day. Some people choose to see the progress, and I see the things that are stopping progress. I don’t know what makes a mind think, but mine likes to see where a mistake is being made. But, the team is definitely much better than its record. I don’t think this is a 500 team. That’s just my opinion. Thought we should have about 36-38 wins right now.

RIP early season offensive scheme and movement to facilitate easy buckets. Long live contested ISO middies! Ain't beating no good teams like dat, cher!

When are people going to learn that this isn't all on the coaches? 3 coaches and it's the same ISO bull******** for the last 5 years. BI is a big part of that. His game is inefficient. The coaches don't ask him to take contested fade away shots, he does this on his own. The coaches don't scheme for him to get easy looks because the coaches want to share the ball and find the best shot.

Go back and watch some games where both BI and Zion aren't playing or when CJ is off the court. The ball moves around the court. Does t happen when all 3 are playing or 1 of the 3, as the rest of the team just ball watch.

It's laughable really.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Smart people were pointing out the flaws on this roster all year, but they kept getting shouted down by people who would only look at the record and *vibes*.

Thread Information