Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: February 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Lakers - 30-28

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Lakers with 12 assists on 12 made shots in the first 10 minutes. Zero resistance by the Pels defense.
    It’s CJ. He won’t stop penetration.

Giving up 38 points in a quarter is embarrassing. We should have skipped the trip to L.A. and just gone straight to the All Star break.

Starter
    It's many players...we aren't a good outside shooting team so driving and dishing for the 3 is a crapshoot outside of TM getting in rhythm. BI and CJ are good with the mid range jumper. JV gets out muscled for most boards because our wings don't crash. Jose doesn't shoot well nor defend the perimeter well.

Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    It's many players...we aren't a good outside shooting team so driving and dishing for the 3 is a crapshoot outside of TM getting in rhythm. BI and CJ are good with the mid range jumper. JV gets out muscled for most boards because our wings don't crash. Jose doesn't shoot well nor defend the perimeter well.
    This is the correct observation for all their losses. But, when they win, these things are the complete opposite. They need consistency.

Starter
    the LJ officiating crew...totally kicked his leg out

Refs already doing their part in insuring the Lakers win. Giving LeBron 3 free throws for kicking his leg out is criminal officiating.

Josh Richardson has been fouled multiple times and no call. He’s learning quick how the Pels live.

Willie wasted a challenge. They didn’t even look at it. Just pretended.

Great finish! Let’s go Pels!

And somehow, after all this, Pels only trail by 4 at the half.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    pels did a good job to keep fighting and cut the lead to 4 at the half. We are 4 - 16 from behind the arc. If the Pelicans could shoot respectably from the three point line that would be so nice.

Incredible how the lakers made a bunch of trades just to defend BI.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Willie wasted a challenge. They didn’t even look at it. Just pretended.
    I chuckle; but you are right. It's cast on the tablets, too, I think....

"Thou shalt not challenge a play in which LeBron is involved."

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    pels did a good job to keep fighting and cut the lead to 4 at the half. We are 4 - 16 from behind the arc. If the Pelicans could shoot respectably from the three point line that would be so nice.
    Herb should probably stop shooting 3s. Willie should put him at the mid range Elbow. He has a good inside game, but they want him to be PJ Tucker from the corner and it just isn’t working. We all can see the talent of these players, so maybe they should involve them a little more on offense so they can build some confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Yeah, I want to steal this one so bad!!

Starter
    It's a miracle we're only down 4. Somehow we're winning the rebound game. Has to be a lot of long rebounds because JV is the only one crashing the boards...we'll i've seen Herb do it occasionally too. I hate to be that guy...first I was a Devonte hater and now i'm going to be a Jose hater. He brings very little offensively, he's not extraordinary dishing the ball, and couldn't guard his shadow on the perimeter. Yes, he's an energy guy but I guess he's playing too many minutes because Dyson and Zion would see those minutes. Jose is a 12 minute player tops...if he sees more than that then he's a liability. I'd like to see Lewis see some minutes in the second half. He seems to be a better shooter, but I get it...he's a bit too rough around the edges still.

Dyson will have those Jose minutes after the Allstar break. I think Jose gets about 12-15 mins per game. Willie knows that. He can’t play with the same energy for that long. It has to be in bursts. Like 6-8 minutes per half where he can play full court defense and potentially provide a spark. But, you can see whoever he is guarding is told to attack.

Funny thing is, you really can't name one thing the Pels did well in the first half, and yet we're only down by 4.

Come on CJ!! Stop the ball.

Oh man and now we have CJ responsible for all of the laker points this half.

Starter
    We need a point guard so bad. Our offense is so predictable without someone who can drive and get their own shot. CJ isn't a point guard!

Without Zion we are basicly Chicago bulls. We have 2 players who are in theory great, but all they do is they take though shots. Yes, they are good at making those, but they are still though shots and you are not winning with those...
    When zion is there we get a lot of layups and free throws. It isnt pretty, but it wins games...

Looks like Wenyen Gabriel will be available this summer. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    We need a point guard so bad. Our offense is so predictable without someone who can drive and get their own shot. CJ isn't a point guard!
    Thank You

Starter
    can't believe we got the challenge

Thread Information