Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: February 13th - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 29-28

A JAX sighting!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Looks like Richardson was more than just a way to dump Devonte. He is a contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Looks like Richardson was more than just a way to dump Devonte. He is a contributor.
    ....and an UFA in a few months.

Starter
    I realize the trend is the 3, but we are so in love with shooting the 3 that nobody will take a shot (BI excluded) inside the lane. When we do dribble or pass into the lane it's just to suck in the D and to dish it back out for an open 3 that we likely will miss. We are not a good outside shooting team!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Never understood why many where so down on him. Smart scrappy player, his shots hasn't fallen this game but he will be able to hit and make shots

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Never understood why many where so down on him. Smart scrappy player, his shots hasn't fallen this game but he will be able to hit and make shots
    Don't look now, but he only has five steals.

Good thing BI is so good at midrange because that was not a good look with under a minute, he just made it fall despite the offense breaking down

whew that ending was crazy

BI is so fun to watch. He has become so much better at dealing with double teams and protecting the ball. Dude has come so far

Starter
    A win is a win is a win, but...we made it so hard on ourselves. We were so much better on offense with JV in the game, but Willie pulls him at the weirdest times. JRich was a great pick up! He is so smart and does so many things. BI was huge for us. I get so frustrated with our defense...how many times did we leave the lane wide open? We have some guys playing too many minutes that are clearly reserves but not much you can do with the injuries. It's just really obvious that the player shouldn't be playing more than 15-20 minutes a game (i'm looking at you Jose).

Safe to say if Devonte is still here, and Josh is still in San Antonio, they lose this game tonight.

Those 5 steals, 2 blocks, and 0 turnovers were big.

Starter
    Agreed, JRich was a difference maker. Someday...yes, someday we will see a stretch of 10 games with our entire roster healthy. Won't that be something to see?!

Portland just blitzed the Lakers in the first quarter. TEN made threes. 34-19 Blazers after 1 quarter. Closed the quarter on a 29-5 run.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Like I said the other day, we spread our 'star-power' way too thin because we expect them to do everything.
    100%. They ran Z into the ground. Good W tonight though.

Basketball Guru
    herb, dyson and josh on defense together.....one day...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    100%. They ran Z into the ground. Good W tonight though.
    Maybe? But 30 years ago teams did the same and there seemed to be less injuries. I don't know what's up with that. Not buying the "deformed legs" theory.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Richardson looks light years better than Devonte so far.
    It's a shame he is expiring. Maybe they can resign him in FA.

Maybe? But 30 years ago teams did the same and there seemed to be less injuries. I don't know what's up with that. Not buying the "deformed legs" theory.
    Watch the guy walk and logically explain that. I don?t think he walks with a limp because his nuts are heavy. the man is an athletic beast with ?knock knees? or Valgus deformity.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 02-13-2023 at 10:04 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Watch the guy walk and logically explain that. I don?t think he walks with a limp because his nuts are heavy. the man is an athletic beast with ?knock knees? or Valgus deformity.
    It's also been proven people with bowed legs can on average run faster than those without. Also with little injury issues. I just don't buy any of it. I think it's bad luck. But I'm not a medical expert.

It's also been proven people with bowed legs can on average run faster than those without. Also with little injury issues. I just don't buy any of it. I think it's bad luck. But I'm not a medical expert.
    He doesn’t have bowed legs. He has the opposite (his knees are closer together) which puts extra stress on the joints of his lower extremities hence why he is so injury prone at his size and why he has had significant injuries to all major joints of his lower extremities (hip, knee, ankle/foot). The team won’t talk about this publicly, but it’s medical truth. Zion is like a Ferrari that you can only drive 1000 miles a year.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 02-13-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    It's a shame he is expiring. Maybe they can resign him in FA.
    I'd like that. I'm guessing it will probably take about 40MM for three years.

What Pelican played the most minutes in tonight's game?

What Pelican played the most minutes in tonight's game?
    Willie trusts his vets, even if this is his first game coaching them.

I'd like that. I'm guessing it will probably take about 40MM for three years.
    No way he costs that much. MLE at most, but likely less. He doesn’t score or shoot consistently . He will sign with a contender. Players like him always do. We had the pipe dream of being a contender but then Pels life…
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 02-13-2023 at 10:57 PM.

Thread Information