Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: February 10th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Cleveland Cavaliers - 29-27

Pelicans February 10th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Cleveland Cavaliers - 29-27

Basketball.

Rookie
    Will J Richardson play his first game tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPel View Post
    Will J Richardson play his first game tonight?
    He's listed as out for non basketball reasons.

Season Ticket Holder
    I read somewhere that Garland and Mitchell are both returning from injury tonight. Just our luck.

This is gonna be a tough game. Cavs are really good. We're gonna need CJ and BI to be on tonight.

They usually play well in this type of game.

Especially if BI can continue putting in all star performances like he has these past few games.

Plus they kinda need this one since these next 2 roads games before the break look tricky.

Trey needs to develop his defensive awareness. There are multiple times that he falls asleep on that end.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    The dreaded single play that will defeat them. Has Mitchell even had to try? It’s a joke to watch CJ switch on defense. He isn’t even making himself a body. Lol

Valanciunas is pathetic. Good thing they didn’t upgrade him.

What is willie green doing. What is this team doing right now. They look so lost right now
    Last edited by superstar7th; 02-10-2023 at 10:13 PM.

It looks like the 10 game. No defensive effort at all. The Cavs have done the exact same play for every single basket lol. It’s like they are speaking directly to the front office. Look here is your weakness!

Murphy constantly cheating inside and getting burned in the corner and back cuts by Okoro

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    CJ lob to TM3! Yes the Pels completed a lob on a fast break!

We gotta stop with the small ball lineups we giving up too many rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Valanciunas is pathetic. Good thing they didn’t upgrade him.
    He's a liability for sure, but it's much more than him. In general (being kind) our guard play in the half court defensively is abysmal. Add the fact that they are very vulnerable on PnR because of their size and/or poor court awareness, and JV finds himself in a 'can't win situation'. Hurry back, Dyson.

SIDENOTE: If Murphy just wants to be a spectator on defense, he should take a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    He's a liability for sure, but it's much more than him. In general (being kind) our guard play in the half court defensively is abysmal. Add the fact that they are very vulnerable on PnR because of their size and/or poor court awareness, and JV finds himself in a 'can't win situation'. Hurry back, Dyson.

SIDENOTE: If Murphy just wants to be a spectator on defense, he should take a seat.
    I concur. Murphy should not be in there playing the 4. He doesnt know what he is doing. He doesnt rebound, he is always lost and he is scared of physicality. Willie gotta see this. This small ball garbage he trying to run is not good

Unwatchable. Just being toyed with all night whenever we have to make rotations/decisions. Just disgusting. Pathetic defence.

I assure you; # 1 will help offensively, but he won't fix the defense. Oh for the days of Jrue Holiday....or even JHart.

One of the most athletic frontcourt duos in the league, and Jax NEVER even sees the court? Should have seen a lot of Jax and JV together.

This was a really bad outing. I don’t think they even tried to win.

Willie has to fix the intensity in the first. WAAAAY too many games we get slaughtered in the first quarter and its just pushing $h!t uphill after that.

Any good defensive team can monster us because we run the same $h!t every other possession.

Willie has effectively killed Jonas, dude just isnt engaged since hes been benched so much.

Agree with above poster re: Jaxson Hayes... Should have seen many more minutes tonight.

CJ should be sitting if he can't ********ing shoot. Thats basically his job.

Whyyy oh whyy did I even back any Pel to beat their average at anything against the best defensive team in the league.... I apparently believe too much in this team haha.

Of course Graham had 31 in his spurs debut and was still a -6

Offense is talent-based; defense is a mindset. If you WANT to play defense, you will.

The old adage is true: Offense puts fannies in the seats, but defense wins games (especially in the post-season).

I will take solace in knowing the Pelicans now have the easiest strength of schedule to finish the year. Only 5 of the last 25 are against a top 4 seed in the West standings and 13 out of 25 are against teams outside of the play-in (bottom 10) right now. So hopefully we can post a winning record and go on a nice run if Zion comes back and everyone stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetshornets View Post
    I will take solace in knowing the Pelicans now have the easiest strength of schedule to finish the year. Only 5 of the last 25 are against a top 4 seed in the West standings and 13 out of 25 are against teams outside of the play-in (bottom 10) right now. So hopefully we can post a winning record and go on a nice run if Zion comes back and everyone stays healthy.
    Yea 'easier' schedule and Zion back is kinda room for hope. But the west is so tight any team can be a 'top 4 team' from 1 to 10.

It starts with these first quarter 10+ point deficits. That's the thing to fix first and foremost.

No defence = No wins. Pathetic efford.

Thread Information