Pelicans Report

Thread: Screw Lebron , AD, The Lakers and that record !!!?Take that Loss

Rookie

Screw Lebron , AD, The Lakers and that record !!!?Take that Loss

Now hopefully they can focus on losing to help us get a top 2 draft pick.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    just saw that score. yassssss

That was a good outcome. Lebron finally got the record so he can now rest some games and the Lakers getting the L.. AD was just a spectator on that game as well lol

LeBron sitting out the last minute with foot soreness then being all happy after the game despite the loss leads me to think that he knows this season is already over for the Lakers. He’s just going to try to put some points on the board the rest of the year to extend his record, but the urgency to win games will be lacking. His teammates will sense that, so I expect a record under .500 the rest of the way for the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/_raghavmohan/sta...bHIlJezkEZeURQ

What in the world is going through AD's mind at that moment?! Every one of his teammates and coaches on the bench can barely stay off the court because of excitement. The whole arena is buzzing with anticipation - LeBron is one bucket away from eclipsing one of the most hallowed records in all of sports, and AD chooses that moment to sit on the bench alone.

That dude's brain just has some faulty wiring.
    Last edited by Spec3333; 02-08-2023 at 01:31 AM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    https://twitter.com/_raghavmohan/sta...bHIlJezkEZeURQ

What in the world is going through AD's mind at that moment?! Every one of his teammates and coaches on the bench can barely stay off the court because of excitement. The whole arena is buzzing with anticipation - LeBron is one bucket away from eclipsing one of the most hallowed records in all of sports, and AD chooses that moment to sit on the bench alone.

That dude's brain just has some faulty wiring.
    My understanding is that AD really wanted to be on the court when Lebron broke the record. He made it known to the coaching staff. When he was not on the court for that moment, he sulked. So while I'm sure he was happy for Lebron, his selfishness took over and he looked like a b!tch.

I wanted Lebron to get that record because Kareem gets on my nerves.

But the whole production after he broke it was a bit much. The final straw was Drake. Nope. Off you go tv. Good night.

Glad to see they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I wanted Lebron to get that record because Kareem gets on my nerves.

But the whole production after he broke it was a bit much. The final straw was Drake. Nope. Off you go tv. Good night.

Glad to see they lost.
    What about Kareem could possibly get on your nerves more than Lebron?

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What about Kareem could possibly get on your nerves more than Lebron?
    What about Kareem could possibly get on your nerves, period? He is a basketball legend and civil rights icon....oh, maybe I answered my own question. Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    What about Kareem could possibly get on your nerves, period? He is a basketball legend and civil rights icon....oh, maybe I answered my own question. Hahaha!

Kareem got his record back when the NBA was allowed to play defense. There was the 3 second rule that penalized defenses from remaining in the the circle, 3point rules, and In Today's NBA you can jump into your opponent and get a foul plus 1.Lebron would not have this record in Kareem's NBA The record needs to forever have a * by it. https://sidelinesources.com/nba-news...e-modern-game/
    Last edited by Pierre Pelican; 02-08-2023 at 11:07 AM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    Kareem got his record back when the NBA was allowed to play defense. There was the 3 second rule that penalized defenses from remaining in the the circle, 3point rules, and In Today's NBA you can jump into your opponent and get a foul plus 1.Lebron would not have this record in Kareem's NBA The record needs to forever have a * by it. https://sidelinesources.com/nba-news...e-modern-game/
    I don't believe in asterisks.

In 1984, Dan Marino threw for 48 touchdowns. The previous record was 36. Subsequently, the NFL changed the rules that DBs can't touch WRs after 5 yards and that you can't hit a QB high or low. So now the record is 55 by Peyton Manning. Does Peyton deserve an asterisk?

Rules change. It happens. I hate Lebron too, but he earned this record.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Well I don't need to explain it much since those who know already know.

Let's just say the Kareem of old is nothing like the old man of today. Or perhaps this is who he always was, but there were more powerful, upstanding men like Muhammad Ali back in the day that would check his foolishness before it got out.

Lebron says goofy uninformed things, but he is still willing to stand up despite the coming criticisms the sometimes he gets it right at least.

So I'm glad he got that record and I'll just leave it at that.
    Last edited by luckyman; 02-08-2023 at 12:36 PM.

Thread Information