Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide] - 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I would have been tryna flip Herb, Jax, Devonte and picks into Mikal Bridges as part of the Durant trade.
    Supposedly the rumor is that Griff went hard after Bridges. Talk is that we were the team that offered the 4 1sts for him (from the local guys like Shamit and Mac).

We’ll if true u can’t blame Griff for not trying.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Whoa 4 firsts for Bridges? I?m glad they didn?t take that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I mean, I get the thinking. They probably included the Bucks pick in there which is going to be low and what's the floor of this team if we add Bridges to it? We'd be at minimum a playoff team for the next 4 years. That's worth 4 firsts to me. Let's assume we give away this year's Lakers pick (top two protected), next year's Bucks pick, this years Pels pick, and our 25 first. Let's just guess those are picks 9, 25, 20, 22.

The best player of the last 4 drafts picked in each of those spots:
    Davion Mitchell
    Walker Kessler
    Immanuel Quickly
    Matese Thybule

Is that worth a starter and raising our floor to sure fire playoff team for 5 years? I think it absolutely is. 4 firsts sounds like a high price but in reality I think it's a totally reasonable compensation to trade up multiple players for a better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

2019 #20 Thybulle- you had Poole, Keldon Johnson, Claxton after that
    2020 #25 Immanuel Quickly - you had jaden McDaniels, desmond bane after that.
    2021 #9 Davion Mitchell - you had sengun, trey, herb after that.
    2022 #22 Kessler (great pick)

If you have a team that's good at drafting and developing players then I'll take any 4 combinations in those draft despite only picking in the lottery once in that example. If it was for a superstar type player though then i would gamble those 4 1st rd picks for that type of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Suns would have crippled themselves taking that deal if any of that was true. But it's not so....

Devonte Graham at 31 points in his first game with the Spurs.
    6-14 from 3 point range, 7-7 FTs.
    Tied at the end of first OT.

Lol look at graham

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Suns would have crippled themselves taking that deal if any of that was true. But it's not so....
    That was offered to Brooklyn and not the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Supposedly the rumor is that Griff went hard after Bridges. Talk is that we were the team that offered the 4 1sts for him (from the local guys like Shamit and Mac).
    Makes too much sense if the OG deal was dead in the water. Brooklyn have too many wings now and appear to be blowing it up somewhat.

I love Herb and I don't -want- to trade him but getting an elite defender that's more reliable offensively should help this squad immensely.

If we don't make the playoffs or are an easy out in the first I can see a major shift happening. I'd start with scaling back CJ into a younger, actual, point guard. The lack of lobs for a team this athletic is beyond a joke. No-one really has elite passing skill in this team.

Makes too much sense if the OG deal was dead in the water. Brooklyn have too many wings now and appear to be blowing it up somewhat.

I love Herb and I don't -want- to trade him but getting an elite defender that's more reliable offensively should help this squad immensely.

If we don't make the playoffs or are an easy out in the first I can see a major shift happening. I'd start with scaling back CJ into a younger, actual, point guard. The lack of lobs for a team this athletic is beyond a joke. No-one really has elite passing skill in this team.
    Kira actually looked good in his first half minutes, but he only got 6 minutes, and then didn't get back into the game until garbage time.

I'd start with scaling back CJ into a younger, actual, point guard.
    I've been singing this song since last year when it became apparent that CJ was the weak link in the Phoenix series, Bless his huge heart, but Jose' is such a liability defensively in the half court because of his size (despite the occasional "ooh or aah plays") and will never be the answer. By asking the 'star-power' to run point on this team only spreads them thin; they should be doing what they do best...FINISHING and leave the orchestration to a true conductor.

Bird and Parish had Dennis Johnson
    Garnett and Pierce had Rajon Rondo
    Duncan and Ginobli had Tony Parker
    Irving and Malone had Mo Cheeks

I'm very high on Dyson Daniels, but have been calling for the team to bring in a older point guard (Rubio, Conley, or even Rondo) to mentor him. There is no one on this team right now who can 'right the ship' when it starts taking on water and before you know it a seven point lead becomes a 10 point deficit.

And, yes, I'm not giving up on Kira either. But again, where is his mentor?
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-11-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Thread Information