Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide] - 2023

I'm just waiting for the inevitable period of time where we have to watch Green give all of dyson's minutes to Richardson before he figures out that it's a bad idea. Based on precedent, it'll take about 20 games.
    Basketball.

Richardson is like the Jeff Green of 2 guards. But I wouldn’t rule out him being a contributor and finally sticking like Larry did. Still think getting off of 15 million of Graham when he was playing at a replacement level for 4 2nds is worth it by itself. Should give more off-season flexibility when it comes to MLE/extensions.

I?m not judging our roster until we see Zion and Ingram both healthy again. That will be the true gauge of where we are at. As for moves, an upgrade on the wing or in one of the backup positions would be nice but we have solid enough guys and Trey Murphy can potentially be better than anyone we acquire anyways. We just have to be careful not to overextend and get an actual upgrade in. If we do

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I?m not judging our roster until we see Zion and Ingram both healthy again. That will be the true gauge of where we are at. As for moves, an upgrade on the wing or in one of the backup positions would be nice but we have solid enough guys and Trey Murphy can potentially be better than anyone we acquire anyways. We just have to be careful not to overextend and get an actual upgrade in. If we do
    It's not a case of judging the roster. We all saw the first several months of this season, we all know that this team - when healthy, particularly Zion - is a match for basically anyone.

But there were several very good players out there on the market. We have a huge number of assets that could've been used to try to acquire any one of them, and apparently we've just done nothing. Knowing, of course, that those assets don't last forever either, especially the picks.

Missed opportunities.

I am guessing the Pelicans are going to keep flying with Hayes. He is young, but also behaves that way lol. I like the makeup of the team but would like to have gotten another shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's not a case of judging the roster. We all saw the first several months of this season, we all know that this team - when healthy, particularly Zion - is a match for basically anyone.

But there were several very good players out there on the market. We have a huge number of assets that could've been used to try to acquire any one of them, and apparently we've just done nothing. Knowing, of course, that those assets don't last forever either, especially the picks.

Missed opportunities.
    I wouldn’t have minded getting in on some of the guys mentioned but I can see us panic buying at the last second if we don’t get what we want. That is more of what I want to avoid.

Luke Kennard would have been a nice replacement for Devonte. Much more reliable as a shooter. Dont like him going to the Grizzlies.

Maybe Josh will get hot while feeding off BI/Zion. He's better than Devonte and Luke on defense at least.

I'm happy with the team being more methodical in-season and saving bigger moves for July.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I wouldn’t have minded getting in on some of the guys mentioned but I can see us panic buying at the last second if we don’t get what we want. That is more of what I want to avoid.
    Sure, but I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that. Panic buying is always bad, so that's not even a discussion we're having

The one thing I will say about Josh is he adds more depth to a position of need. Let’s be honest if we have Kira we do not need Devonte as 4th on the depth chart. So it was technically a big upgrade over having a 4th string point guard. Not that Josh sets the world on fire or anything

Sure, but I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that. Panic buying is always bad, so that's not even a discussion we're having
    Yeah I wasn’t flaming anyone. I just have a massive fear that we will do something dumb.

Well guys, the team is no better today than it was yesterday but on the plus side, we got rid of all those annoying 2nd round picks and our billionaire owner will save some cash on the luxury tax next year, maybe.

Hooray!

Well guys, the team is no better today than it was yesterday but on the plus side, we got rid of all those annoying 2nd round picks and our billionaire owner will save some cash on the luxury tax next year, maybe.

Hooray!
    At least we didn’t give Zion to the Lakers for Patrick Beverley. That was a close one

Let's talk objectively... Griff is absolutely dreadful at asset management and trading for clear needs. Outside of CJ/Naji/Larry trade... He's been pretty dreadful. Probably got CJ because nobody wanted him after being made the scapegoat in Portland. You brought CJ while still keeping Graham... Which is an absurd roster management decision
    Last edited by Taker597; 02-09-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Pels probably didn’t make any big moves, because it takes them 20 games to acclimate a roster or rotation change.

Rookie
    “The Hornets are expected to buy out Reggie Jackson’s contract and he will be a free agent “

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    4 2nd rounders seems like a lot to give up just to get rid of Devonte

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’d sign him and buyout Temple.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Let's talk objectively... Griff is absolutely dreadful at asset management and trading for clear needs. Outside of CJ/Naji/Larry trade... He's been pretty dreadful. Probably got CJ because nobody wanted him after being made the scapegoat in Portland. You brought CJ while still keeping Graham... Which is an absurd roster management decision
    Objectively, Griff has built a fantastic roster.

The above take is ridiculously negative. You take the Universe of what a POBO does, focus on a singular aspect, dismiss a time he executed that aspect perfectly, and then deem him to be "dreadful." Slow clap my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Objectively, Griff has built a fantastic roster.

The above take is ridiculously negative. You take the Universe of what a POBO does, focus on a singular aspect, dismiss a time he executed that aspect perfectly, and then deem him to be "dreadful." Slow clap my friend.
    "Fantastic" Is a contending team

Derrick Favors
    Eric Bledsoe
    Steven Adams (Two 1st)
    Devonte Graham (1st round pick)

Then, you keeping Alvin Gentry and paying SVG to be at home.

Please quit being delusional. It's a fine, good roster that he manage dig himself out of the own hole that he got himself in... It's not remotely close to a fantastic roster

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    "Fantastic" Is a contending team

Please quit being delusional. It's a fine, good roster that he manage dig himself out of the own hole that he got himself in... It's not remotely close to a fantastic roster
    ''Fine, good'' is a fun way of describing a team that was the 1st seed before devastating injury luck took over.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    4 2nd rounders seems like a lot to give up just to get rid of Devonte
    I know. The way the Pels draft, 'id think they would of hit on the one of those 4 2nds over them just trading a future first with 1-14 protection or something.

What players did you guys had in mind that we should've went after with? I've seen the OG and Collins interest but how sure are we that OG was really available? Cause it seemed massai was just gauging his value and wasn't really intent in letting him go. Collins you could say that atlanta was shopping but nobody wanted to bite his money owed with that type of production

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    What players did you guys had in mind that we should've went after with? I've seen the OG and Collins interest but how sure are we that OG was really available? Cause it seemed massai was just gauging his value and wasn't really intent in letting him go. Collins you could say that atlanta was shopping but nobody wanted to bite his money owed with that type of production
    I would have been tryna flip Herb, Jax, Devonte and picks into Mikal Bridges as part of the Durant trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I would have been tryna flip Herb, Jax, Devonte and picks into Mikal Bridges as part of the Durant trade.
    Mikal Bridges is not even remotely worth all of that.

Basketball Guru
    saving up to get OG in june or july...

Thread Information