Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide] - 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    But losing Bridges on the defensive end is a killer for the Suns. You cannot win in the playoffs without wing stoppers, and the Suns just lost their best one. I think the Suns just mortgaged their future for a small chance at a title in the next 2 years.
    They like Torey Craig as a wing stopper I guess.... And.... It's KD. KD's D isn't half bad.

Suddenly not sure I want the Pels and Suns to meet in the playoffs haha. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

We are in trouble now lakers Mavs and phoenix probably will be significantly better and we didn’t do much to improve we need a shooter bad and another lockdown defender because the offense level of some teams just took a big jump

Joe Harris still in play…… just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    thats got to be the best starting offense in the league no question
    But in return, any starting lineup where 38 year old CP3 is probably your best defender is not going to fare too well. Losing Bridges is significant for them, imo.

That's not to say it will doom them - it won't - but I see it providing them with difficulties in a 7 game series.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 75saint View Post
    makes sense. the Nets are plus 2 on wings right now. Not a lot of minutes between the 2-4 for harris, curry, Thomas, Oneale, Watanabe, DFS, Bridges, cam johnson.

Also if Mikal were in play i'd give at least 2 more firsts for him than what id give for OG. Biggest reason being his contract situation is much better for a team with a lot of money tied up already.

We should try to get collins and bogdanovich

Mid year trades screw up the schedule so bad. We played Utah early and lost three times while they were trying, then they blow it up, and OKC gets to play them four times still, and Denver and Sacramento get them twice.

How long does T'Wolves have to wait before they can re-trade NAW....

Minnesotta gets:

.....Jaxson Hayes
    .....Billy Hernangomez

Brooklyn gets:

....Davonte Graham
    ....2 Number twos

New Orleans gets:

....Joe Harris
    ....NAW
    ....NAZ

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 75saint View Post
    Don't tease me.

Also I have to say, I'm so glad we didn't make that trade. That is a boatload to give up for KD, who is 34 with spotty injury/attitude history.

Suns are buying themselves a title, this year and/or next. But they could be in real trouble after that. When they fall back, the Pels should be peaking.

Give me a young core of good character guys you enjoy rooting for that stays together and grows together. As a fan, I'll take that over the rent-a-trophy strategy ANY day.
    Last edited by neworleanshoo; 02-09-2023 at 09:17 AM.

Basketball Guru
    lakers are a better team now with that treade...beasly and russell can shot the 3 and space the floor for lebron..hell beasly and russell shot the 3 better than damn near the whole lakers team...

kyrie has made dallas better...

the suns are better..

all of the talking heads are talking about the nuggets, kings, memphis, mavs, suns and lakers playing each other in the 1st round of the playoffs...no one is talking about the pelicans and straight up forgot about us lol...

Nets have quite a few very good shooters. If Dinwiddie is the odd man out, would be nice to have his ball handling and 40% 3pt, for a couple seconds, DG, and Jax

Only reason the Lakers would have to trade Bryant, who gets 20+ minutes a game for them and is vital for the Brow-at-the-4 lineups, is if they have another move in mind. Having recouped some of the 2nd rounders only reinforces that imo.

Edit: Unless they think Vandy jst slots in, but he's not quite the same type of player
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 02-09-2023 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    all of the talking heads are talking about the nuggets, kings, memphis, mavs, suns and lakers playing each other in the 1st round of the playoffs...no one is talking about the pelicans and straight up forgot about us lol...
    Yeah I think it's cause we lost 10 games in a row, fell below .500 for the first time this season, and have yet to make a trade of any kind.

If we make a move - John Collins? If Brooklyn is breaking it down, Claxton? Could we sweep Bridges away from Nets if he's at all loose? We have the resources to make any deal - then we'll be talked about again. If not, we'll have to wait until we get back into the top 6 of the West before they pay attention to us.

Crowder to the Bucks - as a side note, Indiana is waiving Goga Bitadze

Blazers pick up Matisse Thybulle - Sixers get Jalen

Ibaka to the Nets as part of the Crowder deal

We're at that point where about half the league has made some kind of move now, so if the Pels have any plans they should get goin

"The Pistons and Warriors have engaged in discussions about a possible trade that would involve forward Saddiq Bey and center James Wiseman, reports Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports (Twitter link)."

Man, I'd LOVE getting Bey. Dude strokes

Rookie
    Denver sends Bones Hyland to the Clippers per Espn

If you go out and bleed assets for a trade, it needs to be a significant upgrade. I just don?t want to see us panic buy on someone for a lateral move that doesn?t thread any needles. We are a top 4 team with Zion and Ingram healthy. When you make a deal, you have to take that into account instead of the 10 game loss streak (which was a bit of a fluke to be honest).

Rookie
    Gs sends Wiseman to the Detroit Pistons for Saddiq Bey and Bey will be headed to the Hawks for 5 second round picks.

Its the year of the 2nd round picks

Rookie
    Patrick Beverly to the Magic for Mo Bamba

Josh Richardson to the pels
    Devonte is heading off

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thread Information