Pelicans Report

Thread: February 5th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings

Pelicans February 5th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings

After important win last night we are playing one of the most suprising teams this season.
    There is like 10 teams hoping they can catch them at seed #3 but they have managed to get themselves a bit distance to the 4th seeded Clippers(4 losses less).

Kings will be playing withouth Fox which is very good news for us since they don't have a lot of other compentent ball handlers/creators on that team.

Pels are of cours in much worse position with injuries. Zion and Dyson are 100% out, Valanciunas is 90% out since he left the game last night and didn't return, and there is big possibility that Ingram will skip this back-to-back game(i hope not).

Even though i like Valanciunas against Sabonis, especialy without Fox, i really want Nance in there to get those 50-50 balls that we were loosing whole first half last night...
    Also, please give Hernangomez some minutes and don't let Hayes drag us down!!!

I think a lot of Alvarado will be helpfull, to put preassure on Mitchell and Monk since they are not that great at protecting the ball.

If Ingram is playing, i think it is 55-45 game for us, if not i would say its other way around.

Most betting sites have this game as 50-50.

I hope crowd is good as it was last night, boys will need it!!!

I've been replaced
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've been replaced
    sorry bro 10 game losing streak means we gotta shake things up lol

Now you have some help. Team ball!

I've been replaced
    That was just for 2 games on the weekend. We had some really though stretch, had to do something

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    That was just for 2 games on the weekend. We had some really though stretch, had to do something
    It's cool, it's not important - just kinda funny

I've made the game threads through win streaks and losing streaks. Make 'em long enough, you end up being blamed for everything at some point lmao

I've been replaced
    Trade right before deadline to start the stretch run. Tough to do but necessary in the big scheme of things.

It's cool, it's not important - just kinda funny

I've made the game threads through win streaks and losing streaks. Make 'em long enough, you end up being blamed for everything at some point lmao
    ahahha, nah no one is blaming you. It is just that i was so pumped for that Lakers game and there is 6h time difference(i live in Europe) and i made the thread. I wanted to write only " Lets F them" but i was worried i will jinx it

We roll with you in good and in bad times, you made these when we were first in the west and you will make them whatever happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    After important win last night we are playing one of the most suprising teams this season.
    There is like 10 teams hoping they can catch them at seed #3 but they have managed to get themselves a bit distance to the 4th seeded Clippers(4 losses less).

Kings will be playing withouth Fox which is very good news for us since they don't have a lot of other compentent ball handlers/creators on that team.

Pels are of cours in much worse position with injuries. Zion and Dyson are 100% out, Valanciunas is 90% out since he left the game last night and didn't return, and there is big possibility that Ingram will skip this back-to-back game(i hope not).

Even though i like Valanciunas against Sabonis, especialy without Fox, i really want Nance in there to get those 50-50 balls that we were loosing whole first half last night...
    Also, please give Hernangomez some minutes and don't let Hayes drag us down!!!

I think a lot of Alvarado will be helpfull, to put preassure on Mitchell and Monk since they are not that great at protecting the ball.

If Ingram is playing, i think it is 55-45 game for us, if not i would say its other way around.

Most betting sites have this game as 50-50.

I hope crowd is good as it was last night, boys will need it!!!
    So close.

TM3 has his stroke back thank you lord

Big lead at half with no BI or Zion, that's very encouraging

Rookie
    Winning Streak has begun. They are very streaky this year. They?ve lost 5 and 10 games in a row, but also are capable of winning 7 and 8 games in a row.

Pels stomping these boys on the 2nd game of a back to back. The mojo has returned

TM3 is 5/6 from beyond the arc and Larry Nance is outplaying Sabonis. Pels up by 33 points in the 3rd quarter.

why do the Pels suck at lobs

Basketball Guru
    i guess billy swap bodies with sabonis tonight lol.....

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Damn they looked good tonight. Just a great flow on both ends. I enjoyed the Larry start because he started the game with the right energy. May not be a bad idea to start Larry based on matchups.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Damn they looked good tonight. Just a great flow on both ends. I enjoyed the Larry start because he started the game with the right energy. May not be a bad idea to start Larry based on matchups.

Wow. My jaw in on the floor. I stand corrected, you are capable of positive posts! Asking too much for a little Trey praise?

Seriously, that was such a weird game. The arena was dead, only because the Kings were never in it. They looked horrible (but they're not). Nice to be on the other side of "one of those games" for a change. But also nice to see Trey getting his shot back. Nance and Naji feeling it again, and some quality minutes from Kira at the 1. ll of this with no BI??

Hope we can keep building off of this. I'll be back in my newly lucky seat on Tuesday.

Great win . didnt let off the gas at all. Wasnt expecting a blowout. Zion should be back friday if team lets him play. Great win today.

As I said in the deadline thread, we need one of Trey or Herb to become a reliable starter. I like to see Trey take on players with the handle when they close out too hard. He can easily be a high scoring player if he becomes more confident firing away and punishing close outs. It?s all down to him not hesitating. I wouldn?t mind him demanding the ball a bit more from his teammates. He was excellent tonight.

Really liked Kira tonight too. Always looking to keep the tempo and looking to move it quickly. It allowed other guys to get touches on the ball and our offense looked fluid every time he was on the floor. Would still like to see him become a better finisher at the rim, but I can see his theoretical value down the line. Great result on a back to back

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Wow. My jaw in on the floor. I stand corrected, you are capable of positive posts! Asking too much for a little Trey praise?

Seriously, that was such a weird game. The arena was dead, only because the Kings were never in it. They looked horrible (but they're not). Nice to be on the other side of "one of those games" for a change. But also nice to see Trey getting his shot back. Nance and Naji feeling it again, and some quality minutes from Kira at the 1. ll of this with no BI??

Hope we can keep building off of this. I'll be back in my newly lucky seat on Tuesday.
    Trey has all the right tools. The thing that they need to do is keep him involved even with BI back. Trey is a player that gets going and it lasts the entire game. They could do themselves a favor by getting him going early in games instead of trying to get CJ or BI heated up first. I just always found it to be more important to get the role players involved earlier, because we know that the stars will get their touches.

Great TEAM win !! Nice suprise.

Thread Information