Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kyrie requests Trade before deadline

Rookie

Kyrie requests Trade before deadline

Breaking: Brooklyn Nets All-Star Kyrie Irving has requested a trade, league sources tell
    @TheAthletic

@Stadium
    . The franchise has been informed that Irving prefers to move on ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline or will leave in free agency in July.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...Eurs9f6jcZ6miA

Patiently waiting for KD's request

Not strange since they didnt get extension done. I wonder if nets will have fire sale even though they are 4th right now. Probably not. I think kyrie goes to miami

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPel View Post
    Breaking: Brooklyn Nets All-Star Kyrie Irving has requested a trade, league sources tell
    @TheAthletic

@Stadium
    . The franchise has been informed that Irving prefers to move on ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline or will leave in free agency in July.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...Eurs9f6jcZ6miA
    Smells like a Lakers move may be coming. Now that they have improved, they may see what they can do to get him. Who else would trade for him?

I swear, if any of you propose to take on that nutcase...
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    10 game losing streak will have you entertaining things you did not before

Season Ticket Holder
    I love Kyrie's game. He is a crazy person who also hates Jews. So I'm out on Kyrie and I would assume Griff is as well.

Now, about KD. Before the season, I was in the "don't trade BI for KD" camp. Not so much anymore. Yes, I'm fickle.

I was trying to look at how we could help facilitate in a three team trade. Looking at the teams I think could be interested I think Clippers, Lakers, and Bulls. Knicks are hard to count out of doing insane things but I have a hard time believing they could talk themselves into this when Brunson has been playing so well. It's difficult to find a suiter because the Nets are probably still looking to compete and want players who can contribute now so you have to find a team that's doing well enough to want him for the remainder of this season who is willing to deal with that nutjob, who thinks he's going to contribute more than he takes away, and willing to give up decent players of value for him. So it turning into a three way trade seems unlikely.

I don't think the Nets are going to offload any other players that are helping right away. Simmons is interesting because of his connection to NOLA and his potential but his salary is prohibitive and trying to match it means we're probably sending out players I'd prefer to keep. Plus adding more non-shooters to pair with Zion seems like a bad idea generally.

Clippers and Lakers are interesting because they aren't bad enough to be panicking enough and could easily talk themselves into letting it ride. I also don't know what the Lakers could trade. If I were the Nets I'd rather let Irving walk this summer than pay Westbrook for another year, and that's assuming KD and Westbrook would be fine playing with each other again. Clippers have role players making too much and some deep future picks since they currently owe their soul to OKC but if there isn't a market then maybe the Nets talk themselves into Morris, Norm, and Jackson? Doesn't seem likely or smart to me but who knows? I personally wouldn't have interest in any players the Clips could be offloading besides maybe Kennard unless they lose their mind and want to trade Zubac or Mann but Nets probably want all of those players. Maybe we can get in with a pick or something but I don't think either team are looking to sell.

I think the Bulls are the most interesting of the teams because they clearly are going all in right now and are floundering maybe worse than the Lakers. I could see them panicking into believing Irving can help them and they seem very prone to making rash decisions. I doubt they move Caruso, much to my chagrin, since he's the obvious choice for a player I'd want to fall to us in a three team deal. Going through their roster no one else really stands out to me that would move the needle.

Ultimately the only players I would want the Pels to try and get from a Kyrie trade is from the Nets. Nic Claxton and Royce O'Neal are the only two players I'm really interested in so ultimately I think this is a nothing burger for the Pels unless Kyrie somehow makes it to the Lakers and somehow injects them with the vitality to out-perform.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    10 game losing streak will have you entertaining things you did not before
    My opinion is to not get swept up in the ebbs and flows. Look at the larger picture. The risk outweighs the reward 100 to 1 here. The cost of Kyrie is players who are performing well right now and if the Nets are smart, probably the ones who will perform better in the future too. It'd probably be something like BI plus Trey. The most likely outcome is that Kyrie alienates his teammates (This is based on nothing except my gut but personality-wise I have a hard time believing CJ would be a fan of Kyrie) and blows up a team that seems to like each other. What's more likely, we are going through a midseason slump and turn it around and come back to 80% of the team that started the year, or that we completely flame out? I think the makeup of the team has enough fight in them to come back more often than not. Making panic trades rarely works out, especially when your team's culture is good and you introduce a toxic player like that.

Then what does Kyrie do this offseason? Do we sign him to a max and hope somehow he doesn't do the same thing he's done to all his last teams with increasing regularity? Do you let him walk for nothing but you just lost BI and Trey for the opportunity cost of one season? Does he ******** off Zion and Zion requests a trade? The opportunity cost is insanely high to start throwing hail marries because our talented, young team is going through a slump.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    No.

I wonder if Claxton suddenly becomes available

Quote Originally Posted by 75saint View Post
    I wonder if Claxton suddenly becomes available
    He's only available if the Nets take on the salary of a center that makes so much that they need to shed his very affordable and positive salary or he becomes redundant enough that we can pay them in picks for him. Make a list of teams that may want to trade for Kyrie and see if they have an improvement at center that the Nets would want to take back and makes Claxton redundant and makes so much that they'd want to shed salary or send the pick from Pels to that original team. Super unlikely in my opinion.

Kyrie for cj and a first ky is miles ahead of cj as a guard and would fit into what the nets need

The duke connection from b.i Zion and kyrie
    The scoring inside and out would be off the charts
    In a city like N.O kyrie can just focus on basketball like he did in Cleveland
    It would give Zion more reason to be locked in for a decade because he has someone who will pass the ball in the post instead of chucking shot (cj ………

Automatically puts us back on top of the west long as healthy

I think for picks and cj it’s worth it cjs cool but he’s like a dad on the team I feel kyrie will mess better with young guys similar mindsets just smart enough to keep it to themselves to avoid the ridicule

If he goes to the lakers someway just gone and get ready for them to win another ring and those picks swaps become worthless

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    CJ can't be traded until after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    CJ can't be traded until after the season.
    Well we won’t be getting him or kd I dont see any of the other guys being worth it for Brooklyn

Kyrie is probably the last thing this team needs in its locker room. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Kyrie is probably the last thing this team needs in its locker room. Hard pass.
    Where do I hit the like button?

Rookie
    Just read an article that says The Lakers and Mavs don’t have the money that Kyrie is looking for. Kyrie wants to get paid and both teams aren’t trying to give him almost 200 million for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPel View Post
    Just read an article that says The Lakers and Mavs don’t have the money that Kyrie is looking for. Kyrie wants to get paid and both teams aren’t trying to give him almost 200 million for 4 years.
    I'd laugh so hard if he reject these reasonable offers and ends up playing for the minimum like old mate D. Cousins or better still retires.

from an NBC sports article, a Kyrie trade for every team..........

New Orleans Pelicans

NOP receives: Kyrie Irving

BKN receives: Garrett Temple, Devonte' Graham, Jaxson Hayes, Trey Murphy III, Dyson Daniels

The Pels have one of the best starting fives in the NBA, but it could be even better with Irving in the mix. Would New Orleans be willing to give away young studs in Murphy III and Daniels and clear out much of its depth if it meant landing Kyrie to play alongside C.J. McCollum, Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson and Jonas Valančiūnas? That would be the best starting lineup in the NBA, hands down. As of this writing, New Orleans has lost 10 straight, so maybe the front office pushes to get this one done.

I don't really want Kyrie. He might be the player the Pels need, but the headaches they don't.
    That said, if the Nets would consider Herb instead of Murphy or Daniels in this ridiculous deal, you would have to at least consider it.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

If the team ran a lottery to see who had to deal with Kyrie, I'd be tempted to pay a first just to avoid the risk. No way.
    Basketball.

Kyrie can throw an accurate Alley oop
    Shoot the 3 at a high rate
    Mid range automatic
    Inside scorer with great penetration
    Willing passer
    Literally could maximize Zion and b.I and take the load of being a pg off of cj if able to be kept

Kyrie isn’t that big of a problem off of court
    Don’t remember him beating anyone or being arrested of anything
    Just stated he doesn’t like certain thing about a system

Thread Information