Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Zion

Trey's tall behind should have done the free throw line.

Or put on Zion's jersey and redo the 360 windmill against phoenix.

I'm glad we had some representation this all star weekend, the guys had fun and that's what's it's about.

Was really impressed with Trey in the dunk comp.

All-Star
    Kudos to Trey, but he was dealt a bad hand. Next step for NBA will be to invite professional acrobatic dunkers like Jordan Kilganon just to keep it on par with McClung's performance.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    This is a layup drill not an All Star game anyway. ROFL

This is unwatchable.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    This is a layup drill not an All Star game anyway. ROFL

This is unwatchable.
    Been like that for years!

I didn't bother watching the ASG, I went out to grab a pizza and seen a bit of it on TV and I feel bad for people who spent money to attend that, it looked like a NBA warmup, Dame shooting half court shots, and everybody else trying their best to look like the Harlem globe trotters

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    I didn't bother watching the ASG, I went out to grab a pizza and seen a bit of it on TV and I feel bad for people who spent money to attend that, it looked like a NBA warmup, Dame shooting half court shots, and everybody else trying their best to look like the Harlem globe trotters
    Honestly, the league has become a clown show, in large part, compared to the NBA of yesteryear. The players have far too much control and the on-the-court game has suffered because of it. Even the team owners...the people who pay the freight...have lost their identity and are no longer team owners; but governors, instead.

The playing field is so imbalanced that a small market team has a limited margin of error. Contrast this with the marque teams that can make mistake after mistake and still compete at a high level. I'm not saying it's the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals bad, but it has never been closer.

Zion is great but Trey may really be our best dunker. Guy is just longer and taller. It was a fun contest. Mac and Trey were good viewing

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Zion is great but Trey may really be our best dunker. Guy is just longer and taller. It was a fun contest. Mac and Trey were good viewing
    Zion's dunk in the final seconds against the Suns was 100 times more impressive than any dunk we saw at the dunk contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    "Pay the freight"....LOL. There would be no basketball without the players. Have fun rooting for the billionaires. To pine for the days that they were called "owners" is just plain weird. You refuse to call Zion by his name but really want to call the team governors "owners."

The on-court game is as strong as it has ever been. I grew up watching 90s basketball and the product is simply better now. The skill and shotmaking is ridiculously good these days.
    The skill and shot making is ridiculously good these days. But they also blatantly ignore the rules of the game. I'd be willing to bet that James Naismith would consider a Eurostep move as "traveling". They carry the ball, they travel, etc. "Continuation" has been mangled beyond all resemblance of normalcy. They're very talented, but what they're playing today is no longer basketball.

The game was originally designed for there to be very minimal physical contact. Today we have guys leaning on each other and knocking them down while fighting for position, before a ball is even inbounded sometimes. There's more contact in the lane while a player is at the FT line than was ever allowed in the rules.
    Last edited by RobertM320; 02-23-2023 at 09:41 AM.

I think the should have the all star game at the end of the season, still have the break in February to get these guys some rest and when the season is over have the all star game 3 weeks after the season. Players would be more willing to play harder with the season over.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Zion's dunk in the final seconds against the Suns was 100 times more impressive than any dunk we saw at the dunk contest.
    Meh. Zion’s look more spectacular because he has to overcompensate with his athleticism (which is spectacular btw). I’m not really referring to his ability though. I’m referring to alley oop threats and in game. Trey is more useful because he has the reach. Zion has to really exert himself which makes me cringe anticipating an injury every time.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'll take MJ, Akeem, Bird, Magic, Isaiah any day of the week against any five you can offer from today. My guys played both ends of the court for all 48 minutes. Anything you'd offer...not so much.
    Here?s a matchup for you that I think would be fairly even:

- Kobe to match up with MJ.
    - Kareem v. Akeem (I debated putting Wilt or Bill Russell at center but ultimately wanted Kareem pulling Akeem out of the paint).
    - Tim Duncan to provide some length and quickness guarding Larry Bird.
    - LeBron to match up with Magic and be the point forward for my squad.
    - Steph Curry v. I. Thomas.

That series is going 7 games.

I post this with 12 games left in the season, my question is do y'all think Zion will be back this season?

I post this with 12 games left in the season, my question is do y'all think Zion will be back this season?
    He'll be back, but most of the season he will be in street clothes. There is nothing in his history to suggest otherwise.

Season Ticket Holder
    No one knows and it doesn't matter what people on the board "think" about his medical status. But I'll play along: yes!

He's 2 weeks away from being 2 weeks away

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Lol. To that answer every couple of weeks he had to be reevaluated, so with that said he will still need a ramp up period with conditioning, 3 on 3s, 5 on 5s. I just don't see it happening with how much time left in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I swear..

Back for the first play-in game, our last game of the season.

I'm hoping we see him by the Clippers game after the upcoming road trip. If he gets cleared to ramp up tomorrow that gives him about 10 days to ramp up. Last time he was doing 3v3 and I thought I read he was about to go to 5v5 or had just started 5v5 when he reinjured it. So, what I'm saying is if all goes well we should see him with a few warm up games b4 the season ends and we miss the play in. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I'm hoping we see him by the Clippers game after the upcoming road trip. If he gets cleared to ramp up tomorrow that gives him about 10 days to ramp up. Last time he was doing 3v3 and I thought I read he was about to go to 5v5 or had just started 5v5 when he reinjured it. So, what I'm saying is if all goes well we should see him with a few warm up games b4 the season ends and we miss the play in. Lol
    I was thinking about this as well. The initial injury was Jan 2. He reinjured it on Feb 7, which is 5 weeks later, at which point he was already doing 3v3. We're now at 6 weeks. Seems to me the reinjury was worse than the initial injury? Or are they just being extra cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I was thinking about this as well. The initial injury was Jan 2. He reinjured it on Feb 7, which is 5 weeks later, at which point he was already doing 3v3. We're now at 6 weeks. Seems to me the reinjury was worse than the initial injury? Or are they just being extra cautious.
    Could be that it was worse or just as likely they wanted to take it a little slower to give him extra time to heal. I think they are just trying to give it a such time as they can before we are completely out of the play in. I really expect him to rampnup and play soon

Pretty sure my contractor for my hurricane laura/delta repairs learned from the New Orleans Pelicans tree of PR timetable estimations.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information