Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Zion

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Zion has played in 37% of possible games in the last 4 seasons.

He is never gonna be a healthy or reliable player. It’s malpractice that Griffin gave a guy like this that max contract. Seriously.

The best skill and ability will always be durability. And Zion doesn’t have any of it.
    Said it long before this injury and was ridiculed for it. I'll stand by it until I am proven wrong (I can only hope that I am). Mechanically, his body is ill-equipped for the rigors of an NBA season (the team even went so far as hire a kinesiologist to re-teach him how to walk). Heck, the poor guy has missed significant time, each and every year dating back to his senior year at Spartanburg Day High School (six years ago).

Now, it seems that 25% + of our cap space is tied up over the next five years on a part-time player (at best) if the last six years is an indicator.

I'll bet the reason we didn't make a trade last week is because we need all the first round draft picks we have to get cheap rookie contracts to fill out the team.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-12-2023 at 05:53 PM.

Basketball Guru
    it sucks but it is, what it is..... the team made the play inn last season so i believe they can win it again or get a 6th seed with the easy games we have...zion come back for the playoffs and this time we play him instead of keeping him out.......

its time for everyone to step up and maybe zion being out more will make willie go with a big lineup instead of playing trey at the 4...

First it was an annoyance.

Then it was cause for alarm.

Now it's a five alarm fire.....

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...ame-vs-thunder

Zion is a top 10 NBA talent of the last 25 years. Unfortunately, he will have a tragically shortened NBA career due to the valgus deformity of his legs/knees. He has had injuries to all 3 major joints of his lower extremities; hip, knee, and ankle/foot. Now, he has a hamstring injury. You can?t ?fix? his anatomy. We need to find a true PG and defensive center to build around Ingram and Trey Murphy. Zion will be an added bonus if he can play 33-50% of a season.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 02-12-2023 at 10:28 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    First it was an annoyance.

Then it was cause for alarm.

Now it's a five alarm fire.....

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...ame-vs-thunder
    well , maybe you will get what you want with jose or kira starting for a couple of games and i get what i want in two bigs starting instead of trey...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    well , maybe you will get what you want with jose or kira starting for a couple of games and i get what i want in two bigs starting instead of trey...
    Because of the size in their backcourt (Shai...6'6''; Giddey....6'8''), I'd have to run Naji out there with Herb.

My frontcourt would be BI, JV, JAX/LNJ

MATCHUPS

Herb on Shai
    Naji on Giddey
    BI on Dort
    JAX/LNJ on JWill
    JV on JRE

(JRich would definitely get some time with that group, too)

Zion has already missed more games due to injury than LeBron has in his 20 year career…

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Any news on Dyson?

****. Heartbreaking

This is a damn shame. getting hurt in 3 on 3 drills probably because the medical team had its head up their collective ******. And this information comes after the trade deadline when we are unable to help the team. ******** me.
    Last edited by Pierre Pelican; 02-13-2023 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    This is a damn shame. getting hurt in 3 on 3 drills probably because the medical team had its head up their collective ******. And this information comes after the trade deadline when we are unable to help the team. ******** me.
    How is it the medical teams’s fault that Zion is a walking injury with deformed legs? How can they change that? Have you seen how Zion walks naturally?
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 02-13-2023 at 01:09 PM.

They determined those deformed legs were healed enough for 3 on 3 drills. Look at the injuries the Pels have had this year. Training and guidance must be missing. I wonder if they share with the Saints med staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    How is it the medical teams’s fault that Zion is a walking injury with deformed legs? How can they change that? Have you seen how Zion walks naturally?
    I know from a trusted source that the team commissioned a Kinesiologist to assess his gait and design a program to address it. To this end, a training regimen has been developed and shoe inserts are being used off court to re-teach him how to walk. This is a process and nothing will change over-night.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Not really sure what new info is in there. I guess the Woj quote but if you have twitter most saw that earlier. What's the Dyson situation?

Joel Embiid was drafted in 2014, didn't play a game until October of 2016 and only played 31 games that season. He has averaged a double double (27/11) since then and is a perennial all star.

The book is not close to being closed on Zion. He does need some more guidance/ direction or these injuries will never stop though. Zion the player actually seeing playing time has not disappointed in the least and when he is healthy he is a force. This needs resolved while he is still very young and developing. Its just been very unfortunate but I am not giving up on him.
    Last edited by Pierre Pelican; 02-14-2023 at 01:29 PM.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Jose's "I'm knocking this s*** down" moment was pretty freaking awesome just now.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Jose's "I'm knocking this s*** down" moment was pretty freaking awesome just now.
    I am not sure there could be be a more deserving role model for the everyday underdog.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Now Jose go and do that for your team the Pelicans.

I wonder if that give Jose some trade value this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    I wonder if that give Jose some trade value this offseason
    If someone offered you a First Rounder, would you be interested?

Starter
    If the draft pick were top 15 I would consider it if I thought there were several players we needed that could be available potentially where that pick would fall. As we've discussed ad nauseum, Jose is great at 12 minutes per night but he's not going to be a great shooter and he's limited defensively by his size. That's not to say he can't improve, but he'll not improve enough to be a 25-30 minute per night player. If we had a true, experience point guard on this roster (Dyson might be that guy someday) then Jose is perfect in his role on our roster and I wouldn't consider trading him. I'm rambling a bit, but I guess what i'm saying is that he has more value to us if he's that bench player playing 12 minutes a night and giving us energy but we're asking too much of him now with the minutes he's playing. If we settle next season for what we have on the roster, then my point is yes, I would consider trading him because we'll overuse him and he becomes a liability at that point.

If someone offered you a First Rounder, would you be interested?
    Honestly if a GM offered a 1st for Jose he'd deserve to be fired, now to answer your question yes

Well that sucked for 3M3. They could at least get the intros right.

Thread Information