Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Washington Wizards - 26-23

Pelicans January 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Washington Wizards - 26-23

Okay, we're at home, we've lost 6 in a row, we're playing the 22-26 Wizards (who have won 4 straight, of course we get them on a streak) and Ingram has had a game back to hopefully knock some rust off.

Can we please get a win now?
    Basketball.

BI should only shoot that baseline fadeaway. That was the one shot he used the other night that was falling. Or at least go to it early to see if he can get in a rhythm. I wonder if he will get in the 30 minute range tonight? Had 26 last game...

I'm tired of JV camping at the 3 point line

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    I'm tired of JV camping at the 3 point line
    Well you won't have to worry about that for the rest of the game. God this is a frustrating game so far.

This team needs a modern day Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, Goran Dragic, Mike Conley, or Ricky Rubio in the worst way. Having someone to orchestrate would make a world of difference. We wouldn't go through so many doldrums.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    A bottom three team in the league for the last three weeks plus. Kind of weird that Willie has been this bad and not many people are blaming him. A lot of stuff that this team does is coaching. Jonas has picked up a foul on that same goofy ****** elbow 100 times this year. But, here we are. They just don’t make adjustments. We are watching the same dry effort and sad body language for a month now. They are losing because they are not trying as hard as they can. They are coasting those games.

I get a distinct impression that BI and Kuzma don’t like each other

Why is Trey even on the game?

and

Willie, please play Kira!!

BI is obviously just getting his bearings back and having him on the team makes us a good team just like last year but having Zion elevates us to that next level. Having both would make us scary.

Starter
    Devonte is a momentum killer.

Hall of Famer
    This team is in free fall

Next two games

Denver

Bucks

So it only gets tougher

Remember the good old days when we passed each other the ball on offense and guys would cut to the basket and play for each other?

Rookie
    This is on Coaching….No change in the rotations. Not even letting Kira get PT. My only thing is that he is trying to see who the weak links are to trade.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    It’s been on coaching. This guy has been bad for two years straight and people think he’s good cause he got the Pels to a playin game that shouldn’t even exist, but the league needs more money, so they added it. I have been bamboozled to but this guy is a complete clown. He let Graham in a game down 16. No other coach in the league would do that.

I'd rather see Temple starting over 3M3 right now. He may not have Trey's talent, but, at least, he knows how to play the game.

Why they don't try Kira is mind boggling.

Herb is First Team All Defense and Last Team All Offense.

Every teams' fans over-value their talent; we are no exception.

Basketball Guru
    is jax hurt?..or did we save him for next game because the small ball after jonas got kicked out was part of our downfall in this game..

I now fear that Griff would do something drastic to save the season. Don't overpay!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I now fear that Griff would do something drastic to save the season. Don't overpay!
    Van fleet trade incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Van fleet trade incoming
    Goodness no!!! I've had my fill of 5'11'' guards!! Too much of one thing is not a good idea.

BI is back, making me remember that all he does is shoot. Not a plus on defense, lazy passing, zero energy.

The ejection of Jonas was refdickyoulost. Gibson fouled Jonas then stuck his head under Jonas' armpit and Jonas lowered his elbow without any wind-up or intent. Not even a flagrant 1. Then they fail to review later shots to the face on Herb and Billy, not to mention the 4 or 5 in fairly recent games to Jose's face. No way Gafford dominates Jonas the way he did our smaller "bigs". Another way to lose, brought to you by the best officiated league ever.

Looks like the Pels will reverse last year, going from first place to out of the playoffs, instead of last place to the play-in. Sad to see such a promising season slide down the drain. Zion will take several weeks to lose the recent weight gain and re-establish his form if he comes back at all. By that time it will probably be too late....

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    People calling Willie a "complete clown" are literally clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Goodness no!!! I've had my fill of 5'11'' guards!! Too much of one thing is not a good idea.
    Jose fred graham cj and larry lineup is a must watch tv

7 game losing streak, home/away it doesn't matter. what has happened to this team?

By the end of January we'll either be at the 9-12 spot in the west. And the February schedule isn't giving us a break either.

This is getting out off cotrol ... Typical #Pelslife season

Thread Information