Pelicans Report

Thread: January 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Miami Heat - 26-20

Pelicans January 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Miami Heat - 26-20

Basketball.

Would've been a nice road game to attend

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Its early but the team came out with great energy and grabbed a ten point lead. Great team defense forcing turnovers and guys hitting shots. JV has two fouls tho and Bam is not a good matchup for anyone

Devonte Graham has 4 steals on defense! and he's hit a couple threes

The defense has been crazy good, not from a particular player its the whole team locking down passing lanes and forcing turnovers. We aren't really hitting 3s well but the defense is controlling the game

Rookie
    CJ is a liability at times…lazy passes , bad defense and rushed shots.

Rookie
    Man I’m watching film with CJ and Dyson on their passing. They both make dumb and lazy passes at times

Yeah and Dyson is slamming against that rookie wall

Wow, that was some major league bull******** from the ref on that five second call.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Wow, that was some major league bull******** from the ref on that five second call.
    when it rains,it pours smdh...

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Man this team is in shambles. They do this intentional rest bull******** after finally being relevant for once. They let a 33 year old trash can convince us this franchise is changed. The dude sucks. When the ball is in his hands, he’s a disaster. The coach is a dumpster fire. All of you will sit here and continue to give them the excuse they are looking for because they hate being contenders. They would rather hug each other and do podcasts and then let the refs completely ******** on them game after game and not speak on it one damn time. It’s happening way too much. It’s not even rigged, it’s blatant. We as a fan base deserve way better than this.

Being a fan of this team is worse than any other team in the league and I don’t care what anyone says. The teams that stink are like that cause they lack talent and are expected to stink. This team stinks for no damn reason so they have “injuries” to always be the back fall. The team has no offensive identity and blows constant leads once the other team settles down. They have zero ability to adjust and it’s on the coaching staff. Why does every player on the team suck at shooting? Why can’t they win on the road? Why can’t this guy make game adjustments from game to game. He just can’t do it. The sample size is enough. We have two more years of this coach and we are back to the damn drawing board.

Rookie
    We will win more once Ingram and Zion gets back. CJ needs to be the 3rd option.

Both of them sitting on the bench watching their team struggle. Not a care in the world. While the fans are getting drained. Tale as old as time.

And what happened to Jose? He looks bad too. All of the guards besides Dyson look hopeless.

Rookie
    Only good thing that came out of today was Dallas and Sacramento losing. We need to get Ingram back

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    And what happened to Jose? He looks bad too. All of the guards besides Dyson look hopeless.
    Mate I think you need to take a break.
    I know its frustrating, but just ask yourself "If the Pels were ever to win a championship, how does this affect my life"? If the answer is nothing, then there is your answer....who cares in the grand scheme of things.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    After about 5 months of screaming about the Saints' injuries, this is really not fun to have the same feeling in the pit of my stomach. Ingram = MT at this point.

Baby come back, you can blame it all on me...

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPel View Post
    CJ is a liability at times…lazy passes , bad defense and rushed shots.
    The bad lazy passes have been an issue for him all year long. And they usually come in bunches. Then he starts missing shots and becomes a one-man 10-0 run for the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    My theory is he is playing too many minutes. Keeping his minutes under 15 a game maybe let’s him play at that frenetic pace more. He hasnt had that magic since he got injured against the suns.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    My theory is he is playing too many minutes. Keeping his minutes under 15 a game maybe let’s him play at that frenetic pace more. He hasnt had that magic since he got injured against the suns.
    Yep i think that was the reason back from the beginning of the season were he wouldn't play the 1st quarter then gets inserted in the 2nd, out at the 3rd and in again at the 4th so he could go all in on the time he's on the floor. That injury he had against Phoenix changed something in him as well.

We’ve now dropped to 17th in the league for 3 point percentage. It doesn’t seem that long ago that we were 10th in the league. Hopefully once BI gets his legs under him that will help. We’re still one of the worst three point attempt team in the league ranked 27th. So relatively speaking we hardly ever take threes and we are below average when we do.

Thread Information