Pelicans Report

Thread: January 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Nuggets - 26-25

Pelicans January 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Nuggets - 26-25

Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Let’s go Pels! Y’all can do it.

Everyone is back except Zion, Dyson and most importantly EJ. Have to find a way to get a win. Tall order in Denver.

Jokic will cook us as always, just want to see BI show signs the rust is coming off.

This is a W tonight

Starter
    This team is frustrating to watch. We have spells of really lazy passing that of course lead to turnovers....making unnecessary risky passes, unnecessary alley oops, and just overall casual passes. I know we've said we need spot up shooters...and we do, but I would really love a true PG who can also hit the 3 but is a pass first player...someone who can average 8+ assists and less than 3 turnovers per game. He can get nights of 20+ points but typically gets around 15 per night. Don't say CJ...he's a 2 playing the 1...I want him at the 2. Don't say Jose...I want him coming off the bench...he's your energy 1. Any thoughts on a current NBA point matching my description that might be available next season or a player we could look at in the draft? No midgets! Shooting guard size: 6'4"+

I really don’t like CJ McCollum. He is strictly a spot up guy with a bad handle but thinks he has a good handle. Way too many turnovers and bad shots. I don’t like Jones. Can’t have a guy starting in the NBA that is that bad on offense. They are playing him only because the rest of the team is so bad on D. I don’t like Murphy who is vastly overrated as an all around player. He is strictly a spot up shooter and slow afoot. I don’t like BI as the No 1 offensive guy. I don’t like Zion as a fat guy who won’t get in shape every offseason. Can only go left so any good defensive team in clutch situations will just take that away. Basically this entire team is flawed significantly.
    Can you tell I’m mad about this losing streak?

Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    This team is frustrating to watch. We have spells of really lazy passing that of course lead to turnovers....making unnecessary risky passes, unnecessary alley oops, and just overall casual passes. I know we've said we need spot up shooters...and we do, but I would really love a true PG who can also hit the 3 but is a pass first player...someone who can average 8+ assists and less than 3 turnovers per game. He can get nights of 20+ points but typically gets around 15 per night. Don't say CJ...he's a 2 playing the 1...I want him at the 2. Don't say Jose...I want him coming off the bench...he's your energy 1. Any thoughts on a current NBA point matching my description that might be available next season or a player we could look at in the draft? No midgets! Shooting guard size: 6'4"+
    You are not alone.

...Ricky Rubio
    ...Mike Conley
    ...Goran Dragic
    ...Donte' DiVincenzo
    ...Immanuel Quickley

....or just hand the keys to Dyson and say you are the guy for the rest of the season no matter what. Now go drive this machine.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-31-2023 at 10:59 PM.

Rookie
    Man these are trying Times for Pelicans fans. I bet the GM David Griffin is feeling pressure after every loss to make a trade, but he doesn’t want to give up a first round pick asset. We need defense and shooting badly

They are playing as badly as they did last yr during the 1-12 run. Just sloppy and dumb

JV is so gone!!! The writing is on the wall.

Rookie
    How hard is it to not ********ing foul

This team bad on D. Cannot get big stops in the 4th quarter of games. Also bad on O. Ingram and McCollum are not good clutch guys and nobody else can get their own shot.

Ingram so overrated. Nice 3 scorer on a team but not close to a 1.

Rookie
    Zion is the MVP of the NBA…he has to be

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Denver is a good team, there is a reason why they are 1st in the division right now. This Pelicans team did some things well but good lord we just need a win

Zion and his fat lazy butt which refuses conditioning in offseason killing this franchise. Seriously have to consider moving him if they can make salaries work. That’s assuming anybody would give anything for that fat body. Unfortunately he is the Pelicans’ Sam Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpel View Post
    I really don’t like CJ McCollum. He is strictly a spot up guy with a bad handle but thinks he has a good handle. Way too many turnovers and bad shots. I don’t like Jones. Can’t have a guy starting in the NBA that is that bad on offense. They are playing him only because the rest of the team is so bad on D. I don’t like Murphy who is vastly overrated as an all around player. He is strictly a spot up shooter and slow afoot. I don’t like BI as the No 1 offensive guy. I don’t like Zion as a fat guy who won’t get in shape every offseason. Can only go left so any good defensive team in clutch situations will just take that away. Basically this entire team is flawed significantly.
    Can you tell I’m mad about this losing streak?
    You are a horrible poster.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpel View Post
    Zion and his fat lazy butt which refuses conditioning in offseason killing this franchise. Seriously have to consider moving him if they can make salaries work. That?s assuming anybody would give anything for that fat body. Unfortunately he is the Pelicans? Sam Bowie.
    Please, go follow another team, the Lakers could use a fan like you !
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Maaaan y'all turn into such haters so fast. Shame Ingram hasn't got his rhythm back yet. Felt tonight CJ should have been more assertive.Jines was excellent and Willie benching JV ruined my multi-bet. Thanks Willie ��

The ship will steady. I'm sure Griff is actively looking for an upgrade somewhere, Id just rather he overpay for the right fit than anything else.

Smh they just have no confidence and no swag whatsoever.

And btw, this bad to mediocre play started before Zion got injured so that aint it.

They'll obviously start winning when he comes back and if if if nobody else decides they need an ice tub vacation.

But they should be winning games before that. It's starting to look back on Willie. Dallas is a team they can absolutely beat without Zion and they should at this point. Pride has to kick in before all star break at least.
    Last edited by luckyman; 02-01-2023 at 12:12 AM.

We are going to be a scary play in team when healthy if we can make it by then. At least there's continuity

Thread Information