Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: January 20th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Orlando Magic - 26-19

I wasn't able to catch the game, just seen the highlights. It look like Hayes got some good PT but it still looks like nobody is looking to get in involved in the offense. Also I think it's time to give Kira some significant playing time it's pretty obvious this team needs a point guard I think he can help with the flow of the game.

Really sucks Herb comes back then Naji is out.

While this injury musical chairs is going on, I'd definitely consider starting Jose and play him 35 mins. Dyson just isn't ready to take on a heavy load yet.

Kira deserves some minutes also. He gives you something on both ends.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Really sucks Herb comes back then Naji is out.

While this injury musical chairs is going on, I'd definitely consider starting Jose and play him 35 mins. Dyson just isn't ready to take on a heavy load yet.

Kira deserves some minutes also. He gives you something on both ends.
    Seeing Jose get extra minutes, makes me realize why he doesn?t get extra minutes. I love Jose as a spark off the bench and I think playing just 15 minutes let him go full throttle more. Agree about Kira. I actually even agree that we might need to look for a trade if our stars aren?t gonna be coming back soon. Try to move a draft pick and Graham for someone who can give us legit production

The team is obviously getting tired at the end of games. This team needs to maintain energy to succeed, so we need to stop shrinking the rotation. We have Kira and Billy mostly sitting the bench that could give 15-20 minutes each and maintain the energy level. I'd like to see Jaxson paired with Jonas in the starting role until BI & Zion are back, and Billy paired with Larry in the second unit. Current Starters: CJ, Dyson, Trey, Jaxson and Jonas. Second Line: Jose, Naji, Herb, Billy & Larry. Third line subs: Kira, Devonte, Garrett. When at full strength (famous NOLA myth): CJ, Trey, Zion, BI, Jonas as starters, Jose, Dyson, Naji, Herb and Larry as fast-paced defensive-switching 2nd line. Billy as emergency big with Larry, Jaxson only with Jonas. Use Kira, Devonte, and Garrett for rest/energy/foul trouble as needed.

Dyson seems to have hit the rookie wall. He is rightfully afraid to shoot the ball and his passes are not as crisp as they were early in the season. However, defense and rebounding seem to be okay, so he should stay in the rotation but with shooters around him.

No defence = No wins. We were terrible in the 4quarter…TERRIBLE

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Still trying to understand how the Magic had 4 days off before playing the Pelicans.

Thread Information