Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Possible Trades at deadline

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Memphis is in a much better cap position than we are.
    Griffs plan.
    Raise the price for OG, so that Memphis have to pay more than they need to, damaging their depth and adding to their team cap.

They still need to pay Brooks this offseason if he isn't the one going out for OG.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 02-02-2023 at 12:57 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I really hope we don't overpay for OG. I dont see how adding a two way wing who doesn't shoot great from the perimeter will get us to the next level. We need a wing who can knock down 3s.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I really hope we don't overpay for OG. I dont see how adding a two way wing who doesn't shoot great from the perimeter will get us to the next level. We need a wing who can knock down 3s.
    I agree, he’s not a defensive big and he’s not a Sg that can shoot so he’s not my favorite pickup. If we got him I’m sure we can make it work.

Plus if OG is frustrated at how he is being used offensively in toronto then im sorry cause it'll be worse over here where he will most likely be a 4th-5th option

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Plus if OG is frustrated at how he is being used offensively in toronto then im sorry cause it'll be worse over here where he will most likely be a 4th-5th option
    unfortunately, we seem to have a bunch of 4th and 5th options right now....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    unfortunately, we seem to have a bunch of 4th and 5th options right now....
    *when healthy... and even OG isn't durable as well..so i guess its a good fit lol

Either of these realistic/attractive (they both pass on trade machine)

Pels trade Jaxon Hayes, Devonte Graham, Bucks 2025 1st rounder (top 10 protected) & Bulls 2024 2nd rounder to Utah Jazz for Malik Beasley & Jared Vanderbilt.

Pels trade Same package to Hornets for PJ Washington & Kelly Oubre, Jr..

Neither of these deals locks Pels in long term but they would have the player?s Bird Rights. Washington & Oubre are free agents at end the season and Beasley & Vanderbilt both have one year left on their current deals. Don?t think you make either trade without at least some feeling that at least one of the guys could be a long term piece?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Either of these realistic/attractive (they both pass on trade machine)

Pels trade Jaxon Hayes, Devonte Graham, Bucks 2025 1st rounder (top 10 protected) & Bulls 2024 2nd rounder to Utah Jazz for Malik Beasley & Jared Vanderbilt.

Pels trade Same package to Hornets for PJ Washington & Kelly Oubre, Jr..

Neither of these deals locks Pels in long term but they would have the player?s Bird Rights. Washington & Oubre are free agents at end the season and Beasley & Vanderbilt both have one year left on their current deals. Don?t think you make either trade without at least some feeling that at least one of the guys could be a long term piece?
    I wouldn't mind the Utah trade, but I don't see any way they do that.

The Franchise
    I love JV but think we are under utilizing him. If we aren’t going to use him then trade him for someone. I’m starting to like the Collins idea but still get a SG. Have to move JV to do that though and get a cheap backup C. I like Nick Richard.

https://twitter.com/BullsCentraI/sta...93617620500480

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BullsCentraI/sta...93617620500480

I wouldn't let him go for a 2nd and that is about all they have to offer.

Basketball Guru
    I wouldn't let him go for a 2nd and that is about all they have to offer.
    also say Washington and the bucks are interested in billy..

No reason to trade Billy, we really do need him, he's an absolute stud for a 13th in the depth chart

That’s funny you said the above. Just yesterday I was telling my friends that Kira Lewis is the best 14th man in the league.
    Last edited by mriguy; 02-07-2023 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Why would utah help Lakers? Trade proposed: westbrook two 1st for beasley and Conley.

Rookie
    I would like to go after Malik Beasley or Mo Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPel View Post
    either or both would definitely make sense

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPel View Post
    Not a fan of Beasley, but would not mind Bamba.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If we add a 3 and D guy I think we will be close to championship level. Especially when Zion returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should trade for value and not trade just to make trades. We are not winning it this year and there is not point to waste assets that we can use better in the future. Minor improvements are welcome of course, but looking at the market right now everything is too f-ing expensive.
    Last edited by Mrakar; 02-07-2023 at 12:58 PM.

Season Ticket Holder
    My #1 role player to acquire is Gary Trent, Jr.

He can create his own shot off the bench and he can hit threes. Give me a bench unit of:

Jose
    Gary Trent
    Naji
    Trey
    Larry

Then, sub in Zion for Naji and we got a killer second team killer lineup.

Memphis is in a much better cap position than we are.
    Though they win a lot of games, they haven't had to pay for another "star" yet. Which is why they are in a position to over pay for OG.

Despite what the records say. I'd rather be in the Pelicans position with the Pelicans roster than Memphis with theirs.

The NBA regular season is the most meaningless of all pro sports by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I wouldn't mind the Utah trade, but I don't see any way they do that.
    What do you think it would take for Utah? Two first rounders? Might subtract Bulls 2nd and add Pels first in 2025 assuming we keep Lakers 1st for that draft. That’s a pretty high price for guys we’d have to pay soon…

I read a report that Naji is being considered on the block for OG trade discussions. Might sound weird but feel like that would be a mistake?. Naji is a two way wing, he responded when called upon and his attitude is becoming a real part of our identity.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I read a report that Naji is being considered on the block for OG trade discussions. Might sound weird but feel like that would be a mistake?. Naji is a two way wing, he responded when called upon and his attitude is becoming a real part of our identity.
    Sure, but when everyone is healthy he is far less important. When BI played the other night Naji had 0 points in like 23 minutes. He's just not needed when we are healthy. I'd be looking to upgrade somewhere. We have too many guys which isn't such a bad thing, but you aren't keeping them all anyway.

Thread Information