Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Possible Trades at deadline

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    CJ is older and isn’t a wing. Wings will get you rings! And plus the cost of the brick has gone up on the block thanks to the Rudy and Murray trades. We also have to factor in that any trade we do will require us to put Graham in the deal, and it’s going to cost us to dump his remaining salary on somebody. Nobody is taking that without a sweetener.
    Just cause some teams made stupid decisions shouldn't cloud the judgment of smarter gm's. Look what happened with minny and atlanta after those trades. The Mitchell trade was a good trade cause Mitchell is a star and was worth it. If we get a star type player then im all in in breaking the bank, but i would be hesitant to unload such value for a good not great players. And OG hasn't been durable as well, so you add him along with zion and bi then you get the big 3 in dnp's. Having those 3 miss any amount of games while having spent all those resources will backfire big time. If the price is right though then count me in

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Just cause some teams made stupid decisions shouldn't cloud the judgment of smarter gm's. Look what happened with minny and atlanta after those trades. The Mitchell trade was a good trade cause Mitchell is a star and was worth it. If we get a star type player then im all in in breaking the bank, but i would be hesitant to unload such value for a good not great players. And OG hasn't been durable as well, so you add him along with zion and bi then you get the big 3 in dnp's. Having those 3 miss any amount of games while having spent all those resources will backfire big time. If the price is right though then count me in
    Pels could trade Graham, Herb, Dyson, and a 1st and still go a quality 10 deep with control of multiple future 1st round picks. I’m not worried about a deal compromising the present or the future. I like Herb and Dyson, but I’m also trying not to overvalue them. The 76ers are kicking themselves for not trading Thybulle when his value was high.

Graham herb kira and a 1st would be a solid value. And if they insist on getting more that 2027 bucks pick and maybe a future pick swap with us can be on the table.

4 ways never happen but:
    Call it in. Atlanta get off Collins maybe the Pels throw in 2 seconds. Toronto get 2 firsts and Val and Atlanta get a young player in Herb
    Team complete!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230123-063151_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	6647

The Franchise
    What would you give up for Collins and Vassell? You set for a couple years and fits everything we need in terms of shooting. Vassell gives you some defense too.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fradzel

I?d give up 3 first rounders just not sure who gets what. I?d think Atlanta gets one and spurs get 2. Players could be moved around. Gave spurs a center assuming they trade Poeltl. Protect top 4 on picks but they could have 23, 24, and 26. We?d still have lakers option in 24/25
    Last edited by tdcreator; 01-24-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    What would you give up for Collins and Vassell? You set for a couple years and fits everything we need in terms of shooting. Vassell gives you some defense too.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fradzel

I?d give up 3 first rounders just not sure who gets what. I?d think Atlanta gets one and spurs get 2. Players could be moved around. Gave spurs a center assuming they trade Poeltl. Protect top 4 on picks but they could have 23, 24, and 26. We?d still have lakers option in 24/25
    Why would the Spurs trade Vassell?

CLEVELAND

Gets:

Jaxson Hayes
    Bryn Forbes

Minnesota

Gets:

Kira Lewis, Jr. (we aren't playing him)

New Orleans

Gets:

Naz Reid
    Ricky Rubio
    Dylan Windler

PG: Rubio; Alvarado; DD
    SG: CJ; Herb; Graham
    SF: BI; 3M3; Marshall
    PF: # 1; Nance; Liddell
    C: JV; Reid; Billy

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2m536mk
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-25-2023 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    CLEVELAND

Gets:

Jaxson Hayes
    Bryn Forbes

Minnesota

Gets:

New Orleans

Gets:

Naz Reid
    Ricky Rubio
    Dylan Windler

PG: Rubio; Alvarez; DD

Who is Alvarez lol?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Who is Alvarez lol?
    A guy I work with.

LOL, I'll fix.

CLEVELAND

Gets:

Jaxson Hayes
    Bryn Forbes

Minnesota

Gets:

New Orleans

Gets:

Naz Reid
    Ricky Rubio
    Dylan Windler

PG: Rubio; Alvarado; DD

What kind of picks involved? Not sure why TWolves or Cavs do it unless incentivized with picks.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What kind of picks involved? Not sure why TWolves or Cavs do it unless incentivized with picks.
    Minnesota: Forbes and Reid are both expiring (With Goubert and KAT, there how likely is it that UFA, Reid re-signs). They are replaced by a Lottery pick who has another year on contact. No first round draft picks warranted

Cleveland: Essentally replaces an aging veteran, Rubio, with a talented lottery pick who couldn't get it together in NOLA. If 1st rounder required, fine; barring injury it won't be a lottery pick in 2024.

Minnesota: Forbes and Reid are both expiring (With Goubert and KAT, there how likely is it that UFA, Reid re-signs). They are replaced by a Lottery pick who has another year on contact. No first round draft picks warranted

Cleveland: Essentally replaces an aging veteran, Rubio, with a talented lottery pick who couldn't get it together in NOLA. If 1st rounder required, fine; barring injury it won't be a lottery pick in 2024.
    From what I have read, TWolves value Reid higher than an expiring. I would like Rubio off the bench, but I would the Cavs do as well. If they were not good, it would be a different story.

From what I have read, TWolves value Reid higher than an expiring. I would like Rubio off the bench, but I would the Cavs do as well. If they were not good, it would be a different story.
    I would be shocked if Reid, who is a UFA after this year, re-signs with Minnesota. Of course, it would be nice if the Pels would get some assurances he will re-sign with us if we match any offers he gets in the open market next summer. On the otherhand, I admit it may take some 'draft consideration' to get Rubio. But bear in mind, he is expendable since they have a log jam at guard in Cleveland (Mitchell, Garland, Levert and Okoro) and are front court needy.

Rubio is the key. People seem to forget what a real point guard (Rajon Rando) meant to the Pelicans (specifically: Jrue Holiday) in 2018.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-25-2023 at 06:29 PM.

The Franchise
    Why would the Spurs trade Vassell?
    They probably won’t, but for a completely rebuilding team getting 2 first rounders would be kinda tempting.

I'd go after John Collins and move JV elsewhere if Atlanta is looking to get off that contract.

Lots of teams should have interest in JV. And I think Willie wants more of a big 4 that's switchable in that spot, ie someone like Larry. Keep Willy for matchups and roll with Collins and Larry as your primary 5s. I can't see us wanting to extend JV after this season, and I don't see us resigning him 2024. If we were projecting to be a top seed, I wouldn't want to rock the boat, but I think at this point the boat needs to be rocked.

Move JV/Temple somewhere like Brooklyn for Joe Harris or to Miami for Duncan Robinson.

This team needs a three and D type player, but somebody who is actually good at doing both of those things.

Pels
    OG
    Collins

Raptors
    Val
    Temple
    2 firsts

Hawks
    Graham
    Hayes
    2 seconds

Then in a seperate trade

Pels
    Burks

Pistons
    Lewis
    Willy
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 01-26-2023 at 07:11 PM.

The Franchise
    I doubt we move JV but we could make a lot of changes if we do.
    Pelicans get Collins, Vassell, Bamba, and Kuminga
    Golden State gets JV
    Spurs get Wiseman and Herb
    Atlanta get DG, Hayes, and Temple
    Orlando gets Kira

I know a 4-team is stupid but I’m sure it could be broken up and add picks wherever

Heard a the Hollinger and Duncan podcast that wiseman could be a wildcard.

Pels
    OG
    Collins

Raptors
    Val
    Temple
    2 firsts

Hawks
    Graham
    Hayes
    2 seconds

Then in a seperate trade

Pels
    Burks

Pistons
    Lewis
    Willy
    Then sign another big off the buyout for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I doubt we move JV but we could make a lot of changes if we do.
    Pelicans get Collins, Vassell, Bamba, and Kuminga
    Golden State gets JV
    Spurs get Wiseman and Herb
    Atlanta get DG, Hayes, and Temple
    Orlando gets Kira

I know a 4-team is stupid but I’m sure it could be broken up and add picks wherever

Heard a the Hollinger and Duncan podcast that wiseman could be a wildcard.
    Spurs apparently are extremely uninterested in Wiseman. Which makes complete sense because he's not great.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Spurs apparently are extremely uninterested in Wiseman. Which makes complete sense because he's not great.
    If they move on from poeltl they’d probably want a big.

Pels
    OG
    Collins

Raptors
    Val
    Temple
    2 firsts

Hawks
    Graham
    Hayes
    2 seconds

Then in a seperate trade

Pels
    Burks

Pistons
    Lewis
    Willy
    Not a chance. Hawks are not taking on Graham and only get 2 2nds for Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I'd go after John Collins and move JV elsewhere if Atlanta is looking to get off that contract.

Lots of teams should have interest in JV. And I think Willie wants more of a big 4 that's switchable in that spot, ie someone like Larry. Keep Willy for matchups and roll with Collins and Larry as your primary 5s. I can't see us wanting to extend JV after this season, and I don't see us resigning him 2024. If we were projecting to be a top seed, I wouldn't want to rock the boat, but I think at this point the boat needs to be rocked.

Move JV/Temple somewhere like Brooklyn for Joe Harris or to Miami for Duncan Robinson.
    Collins has never been very good playing the 5. That is why the Hawks went after Capela.

Season Ticket Holder
    Not a chance. Hawks are not taking on Graham and only get 2 2nds for Collins.
    Collins is making ~$26 million the next three years. He's averaging 14points and 7 rebounds this season, while shooting 26% from 3. I'm not sure he's even considered an asset. Dude got paid and is resting on his laurels. Look at his stats. Disaster. Maybe it is the team. Maybe it is him. I don't think anyone wants to invest $75 million PLUS picks to find out.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Collins is making ~$26 million the next three years. He's averaging 14points and 7 rebounds this season, while shooting 26% from 3. I'm not sure he's even considered an asset. Dude got paid and is resting on his laurels. Look at his stats. Disaster. Maybe it is the team. Maybe it is him. I don't think anyone wants to invest $75 million PLUS picks to find out.
    That's true also. In which case why would we want him?

Thread Information