Pelicans Report

Thread: Thoughts on BI's injury..

Starter

Thoughts on BI's injury..

It's been roughly 8 weeks since Bi was injured. I'm not a professional athlete nor do I have any knowledge of the degree of athleticism and physical fitness one needs to perform at the NBA level. However, I have a difficult time understanding how a toe contusion can prevent you from performing at your profession. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the Saints/Pelicans organization has a lengthy history of vagueness or minimizing injury declarations. Could it be that BI has suffered from something greater than a contusion? Maybe it's not even the toe? Didn't he have a previous issue with blood clots? I realize I'm rambling and speculating to the extreme, but this whole situation seems odd.

thoughts?

He has reportedly been cleared to play by our medical staff, just waiting for BI to be comfortable enough in his recovery to get back in the game.

Yeah it's definitely a strange situation and how this teams handles this department makes it even worse/frustrating. BI has missed more games now than Bane who supposedly had the worse toe injury compared to bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    He has reportedly been cleared to play by our medical staff, just waiting for BI to be comfortable enough in his recovery to get back in the game.
    I'd bet if he was a construction worker, his boss wouldn't be waiting for him to be "comfortable enough in his recovery". If you're physically healthy, then you work.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I'd bet if he was a construction worker, his boss wouldn't be waiting for him to be "comfortable enough in his recovery". If you're physically healthy, then you work.
    Is this construction worker worth as much to his crew as Brandon Ingram is to the team?

The construction worker analogy falls flat in that the NBA is all about the postseason. Sure, it'll be nice to get the highest seed possible and also get some continuity going with our stars but the ultimate goal is to get to the postseason healthy. A better analogy would be forcing a veteran worker to go to trainings while sick.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Ask the union rep.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    the NBA is all about the postseason..
    17-6 vs 9-14 begs to differ. Top 4 seed is imperative, otherwise you're just looking at a first round exit.

Thread Information