Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 11th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 25-16

Pelicans January 11th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 25-16

New Orleans released its official injury report Tuesday afternoon. Herb Jones (right low back contusion) is listed as doubtful after sustaining a hard fall against Washington which resulted in an early exit to the game. Brandon Ingram (left great toe contusion), E.J. Liddell (right knee ACL injury recovery) and Zion Williamson (right hamstring strain) are listed as out.

On the Celtics side, Marcus Smart (left knee contusion) and Robert Williams lll (left knee rehab) are listed as questionable. JD Davison (G League - two way), Danilo Gallinari (left knee ACL repair) and Mfiondu Kabengele (G League - two way) are all listed as out.
    Basketball.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    color me optimistic, but if Smart and Williams don't play, this might be considered a trap game for Boston.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I feel like the key to this game is us not getting destroyed on the perimeter. Good perimeter D and guys making threes is what we need to win this game.

CJ is absolutely cooking on offense. All-Star level. Sure seems like he enjoys being the number 1 guy on the offense....

going to have to repeat myself, CJ is putting on a clinic

TM3 is really good at crashing the boards from the perimeter to get putbacks

Every time we get close, the Celtics just hit a couple of threes to extend the lead, just like our game against the C’s earlier this year.

Naji is starting to look like one of the better players on the Pelicans roster

Good effort by the pels. Boston just has a lot of firepower between tatum and brown.

I really want to see what the game looks like with zion, bi playing and herb defending.

As it stands, the Pelicans have to go find another "star" that doesn't have to sit out a month if they bounce the basketball too hard.

Preferably in the draft.

Basketball Guru
    man only 10 post?...yall only come out when the team is winning lol...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    As it stands, the Pelicans have to go find another "star" that doesn't have to sit out a month if they bounce the basketball too hard.

Preferably in the draft.
    That's the most negative thing I have heard you say on here.

New years resolution?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Preferably in the draft.
    same thing im thinking...we just need that one forward or guard that can get buckets, stay healthy and dont mind coming off the bench..

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    That's the most negative thing I have heard you say on here.

New years resolution?
    Well I can't answer a question based on a ridiculously false and clumsy statement can I?

Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Naji is starting to look like one of the better players on the Pelicans roster
    This season i actually prefer/trust naji over herb. Herb is still the better defender but naji isn't a slouch on that end either. Herb has been unlucky with the injury bug this year making it tough to get out of that sophomore slump he's in. Naji is just more versatile on both ends

That's just the risk of having 2 injury prone players as your stars. It's great when they are healthy and a bummer when they're out. Glad that the rest of the team steps up despite the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    This season i actually prefer/trust naji over herb. Herb is still the better defender but naji isn't a slouch on that end either. Herb has been unlucky with the injury bug this year making it tough to get out of that sophomore slump he's in. Naji is just more versatile on both ends
    I have been going back and forth on that as well. Naji plays with a great toughness and energy. He is a good defender, but not as good as Herb. He does better on the offensive end although still cannot be trusted to knock down threes which is what I really want from that role to fit with the starters. Naji blossoming into a guy who demands real minutes is one of the surprises of the season.

I am counting this game as another proof that CJ would be better unleashed with the second unit once everyone is healthy. When he is the primary option he plays like an all star. With Zion and BI he is relegated to a 3rd option and does not look special.

Even though Boston shot 48% from the field and 34% from 3 it sure didn't feel like that while watching. They couldn't miss. The pels hung in there as best they could but they were making everything and when they did miss they would get the offensive rebound and score then. If it wouldn't have been for CJ this probably would've been a 30 point loss.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drortego316 View Post
    Even though Boston shot 48% from the field and 34% from 3 it sure didn't feel like that while watching. They couldn't miss. The pels hung in there as best they could but they were making everything and when they did miss they would get the offensive rebound and score then. If it wouldn't have been for CJ this probably would've been a 30 point loss.
    Agree. The numbers are quite deceptive compared to the eye test in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by drortego316 View Post
    Most of their misses came from a single possession with like 4 or 5 offensive rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Truth hurts? You are no good without Ingram and Zion. McNamara even said that
    Oh, word? What an insight, which teams are really good without their top two players?

Well at one point this season the LAKERS were winning missing all three. So there is that.
    The Lakers have a 4-6 record without LeBron, and several of those games included AD and/or Westbrook. So there is that.
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 01-13-2023 at 12:43 AM.

So CJ is not a star on our team. Interesting
    He's not better than BI or Zion. This doesn't seem hard.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    He's not better than BI or Zion. This doesn't seem hard.
    Lol, CJ has accomplished more than both those guys put together at this point

CJ is a mega star

A tier down from superstar

This thread is sightly toxic

Thread Information