Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ dallas Mavericks - 24-15

Pelicans January 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ dallas Mavericks - 24-15

Basketball.

Cj and Larry out while Jonas is questionable for tonight. Temple scoring 50 tonight then

Best coaching move by Willie this far. Now Trey will have to step up to be that guy and this will give Hayes some freedom, he's been playing to passive because he's to afraid to make a mistake with the risk rotting on the bench again. It's time for them to step up. Although I do see Naji bring out his inner Kobe and Jordan of trying to be that guy.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    How long until they can finally get into a comfortable position of the 10th seed?

In his last four games, the team is -54 (+/-) with CJ on the court and he personally accounts for 16 turnovers during that span We're okay!! He needs to rest.

I love this analytical stuff. LOL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Cj and Larry out while Jonas is questionable for tonight. Temple scoring 50 tonight then
    Why is CJ out?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Why is CJ out?
    Rest.

This is why some of you guy's shouldn't get too upset about lossess.

If the organisation doesn't care about winning, why should the fans? The organisation knows what they are doing with load management. This is what this game is.

Cj is bad on back 2 back games anyway so might as well give him a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Rest.

This is why some of you guy's shouldn't get too upset about lossess.

If the organisation doesn't care about winning, why should the fans? The organisation knows what they are doing with load management. This is what this game is.
    You do know that teams load manage certain players because they care about the big picture.. look what happened to zion just now, bet we wish he was load managed a little bit to avoid that hamstring injury..

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    You do know that teams load manage certain players because they care about the big picture.. look what happened to zion just now, bet we wish he was load managed a little bit to avoid that hamstring injury..
    Did you read my last two sentences?

The primary defenders on Luka are all playing. Take the Pels plus the points. I expect a big game from Willy!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The primary defenders on Luka are all playing. Take the Pels plus the points. I expect a big game from Willy!
    looks like draft kings removed this game

Yet the NBA still expects to sell tickets, merch, and tv advertising.

I want b2b games gone. Get them out of here. For road teams at least.

Also Luka has been playing on a bum ankle and looked bad last game they played. Which was a big L to Boston. I guess he's playing anyway tonight.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I'm very surprised we didn't see him last night when it was so obvious that Nance wasn't right....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

This game could not have started worse. Refs calling Herb and Jose for 2 fouls each in the 1st Q, Mavs are making their threes and refs are putting them on the free throw line over and over, and our offense looks discombobulated.

This is the crap I really don't like about the NBA. They've changed the game so much. Luka goes into the paint, slams his body into Herb to make room, with no foul called, and when Herb resets his position, Luka goes up for a shot and the foul is on Herb. In the old days, Luka would have been called for charging. And its not just Luka, its how the NBA is played now. They allow way more physicality than they ever used to, and way more than the way the ACTUAL RULES of the game state. And it just takes away from what the game should be.

3-8 from the FT line for the Pels in the first quarter, 0-10 from three, and three starters with two fouls each on a night we're shorthanded.

Lol this is trash. I'm glad i didn't go to this one.

These “schedule losses” are getting ridiculous. NBA needs to fix this because road games on the 2nd night of a back-to-back result in a drastically inferior product on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    That's what # 1 has to learn to do. The 'Bull in a China Shoppe' style doesn't get the 'touch fouls'.

But don't mind me; I'm a hater. LOL
    Except that's exactly what I'm NOT saying. Luka used the bull in the china shop style and should have gotten the offensive foul. They didn't call it. Then they gave the touch foul to Herb. On that same play either Zion would have been called for the foul, or there would have been no foul called at all. Zion rarely gets the call Luka got there.

4-10 from FT now, and 0-13 from three. Only down by 18.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    4-10 from FT now, and 0-13 from three. Only down by 18.
    Might as well be a 50 point deficit the way this game is going.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The next head fake # 1 makes will be his first.
    Luka didn't make a head fake, he just bodied into Herb. You keep chasing rabbits instead of staying on the task at hand. ADHD a problem for you?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Luka just jumping into people and not getting offensive fouls called is just unwatchable. Turning off this garbage.

And yet, we cut it to 14 in the last minute of the half. Finished the half down 17, while going 8-18 from the charity stripe. Even average shooting and we'd only be down 10. We're 2-16 from 3, Mavs are 8-16. That's 18 point difference. There's the game.

Thread Information