Pelicans Report

Thread: January 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Houston Rockets - 23-14

Pelicans January 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Houston Rockets - 23-14

Basketball.

Why were the tanking/ lakers picks conversations deleted? Putin running this forum now?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Why were the tanking/ lakers picks conversations deleted? Putin running this forum now?
    That's what 'being cancelled' is all about. He who wields the power controls the narrative. But, stealing from the famous words of Eckhart Tolle....

"Power over others is weakness disguised as strength".

Basketball Guru
    so its jonas, jax and billy as our bigs.....did we called up any big for insurance?...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so its jonas, jax and billy as our bigs.....did we called up any big for insurance?...
    I don’t think so. Rockets play small, so we can probably play trey and naji at the 4 in this game if needed.

Yeah I think I'll barely watch this one and avoid the possible.....umm...neurological trauma of them possibly losing. (I hope that doesn't trigger our resident nutcase.)

Funny they are still a -7.5 favorite tonight.

I honestly don't care if they lose ground in these coming weeks. Just give me a healthy top 8 roster after all-star break. All I ask.

We need Trey to step up. Mentally I feel he has taken a big step back from how he started the year. Would like to see more good stuff from Jax and good minutes from Willy. I think we will be okay. Maybe I’m just the optimist. Either way we got this one

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The Pels without Zion and BI >>> the Rockets

A 45 point first quarter without Z, BI, Larry. This team can score.

We have good players. Don’t get me wrong, the Rockets are trying to lose. They are bad. But not having that guy for plays to run through gives other guys more confidence to take things they might not otherwise

I forgot that Jose has kind of struggled lately

This is fun to watch. The Rockets are bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I forgot that Jose has kind of struggled lately
    ever since the rib injury against the suns

I feel like Eric Gordon being stuck on this team proves that karma is real

TM3 with a really exceptional block to prevent a dunk and then followed it up with a dunk on the other end

We win once more and end the losing streak. Huzzah!

I’m really hoping the team just avoids major injuries and can string .500 ball until BI or Zion get back. Onto the nets!

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    that was the happiest yet most disinterested crowd I've ever seen at the arena (for good reason!)

the rockets are so bad. I feel like the win basically told me nothing about the team. but it was fun to win.

45 points in one quarter while missing a ton of fire power. THAT is very impressive. They surprised me again. This game was no where near as close as the final score.

Willie deserved his coach of the month. He's getting the max out of this roster when he has to.

CJ with 0 turnovers also mind blowing for him.

Schedule going to get brutal now.

We built an almost insurmountable lead, sat on it and won. Personally I am not a fan of players getting complacent but we got the dub and that is all that matters. I think we will be alright during this stretch as long as Trey continues to show a bit of life and CJ keeps his streak going.

Thread Information