Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Philadelphia 76ers - 23-13

Pelicans January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Philadelphia 76ers - 23-13

Ingram and Nance still out, otherwise we're good according to this.

Today we play our first game of 2023, on the road in Philadelphia. We're coming off a schedule loss, which sucked but oh well, and now we have a chance to win. The upside is that we beat Philly just last week. The downside is that now they're at home, where their record is much better and we don't have the crowd buoying us.

Nevertheless, we'll see what happens. Last game everyone looked visibly tired after 3 games in 4 days, so hopefully a day off has been helpful to them and things will look a bit more on pace now. Fingers crossed for CJ's feet to be back under him and for Zion to have a bounce back from a turnover heavy night.

Let's see how things go. Happy 2023, all.
    Basketball.

It's flip cup time!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Ingram and Nance still out, otherwise we're good according to this.

Today we play our first game of 2023, on the road in Philadelphia. We're coming off a schedule loss, which sucked but oh well, and now we have a chance to win. The upside is that we beat Philly just last week. The downside is that now they're at home, where their record is much better and we don't have the crowd buoying us.

Nevertheless, we'll see what happens. Last game everyone looked visibly tired after 3 games in 4 days, so hopefully a day off has been helpful to them and things will look a bit more on pace now. Fingers crossed for CJ's feet to be back under him and for Zion to have a bounce back from a turnover heavy night.

Let's see how things go. Happy 2023, all.
    Is a schedule loss like a record with an asterisk?

As much as I love to watch Jose' play, for the team's sake, I'd rather see Kira play. Why KL13 didn't get some run against Morant or Tyus Jones is unforgiveable (especially on a back-to-back). Green really dropped the ball on that one. Tonight we see Tyrese Maxie (20+ scorer) and Harden. Does anyone really think Jose' can stop either? Maybe Jose (or Davonte') can stop Melton or Milton...not likely, but maybe.

GIVE KIRA A RUN!!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-02-2023 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Schedule loss is a term a lot of people use, including me, to describe any game which is likely to be a loss due to the specific placement on the schedule.

Memphis was the third game in 4 nights, second game of a back to back, on the road, against a team that was a top seed last year. That's a game that even the best teams are going to struggle to win under most circumstances. Therefore it's one that, when you're looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year, is one that's fairly safe to assume is a probable loss. There's no asterisk, it's a real loss, it's just not the kind of loss you should be getting upset about.

Schedule loss is a term a lot of people use, including me, to describe any game which is likely to be a loss due to the specific placement on the schedule.

Memphis was the third game in 4 nights, second game of a back to back, on the road, against a team that was a top seed last year. That's a game that even the best teams are going to struggle to win under most circumstances. Therefore it's one that, when you're looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year, is one that's fairly safe to assume is a probable loss. There's no asterisk, it's a real loss, it's just not the kind of loss you should be getting upset about.
    Okay, then, I suppose those nine turnovers that one player had are "schedule turnovers", and that the -27 +/- another player had was a "schedule +/-". I get it now.

Maybe I'm old school, but, to me, the term 'schedule loss' is simply a good old-fashion excuse.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-02-2023 at 11:03 AM.

Okay, then, I suppose those nine turnovers that one player had are "schedule turnovers", and that the -27 +/- another player had was a "schedule +/-". I get it now.

Maybe I'm old school, but, to me, the term 'schedule loss' is simply a good old-fashion excuse.
    Oh my mistake, I thought you were asking a legitimate question rather than looking for an opportunity to be snarky again. I get it now. I won't be making that mistake again! My bad

Oh my mistake, I thought you were asking a legitimate question rather than looking for an opportunity to be snarky again. I get it now. I won't be making that mistake again! My bad
    If A = B and B = C; then A = C. It's called the Transitive Property of Logic.

There is nothing 'snarky' about it. I'm sorry if you are offended.

Happy New Year!!!

If A = B and B = C; then A = C. It's called the Transitive Property of Logic.

There is nothing 'snarky' about it. I'm sorry if you are offended.

Happy New Year!!!
    Ugh. Stop pretending like you're taking a break from this site, everyone knows each of your burners by now. Such a toxic human.

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    Ugh. Stop pretending like you're taking a break from this site, everyone knows each of your burners by now. Such a toxic human.
    WTH are you talking about? Check with the Moderator to see if I'm an ALT for anybody.

You think you know, you wanna know, but you know nothing.

(See what I mean, PF)

WTH are you talking about? Check with the Moderator to see if I'm an ALT for anybody.

You think you know, you wanna know, but you know nothing.

(See what I mean, PF)
    Moderators, imagine.

Everyone knows who you are. Happy New Year!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

As much as I love to watch Jose' play, for the team's sake, I'd rather see Kira play. Why KL13 didn't get some run against Morant or Tyus Jones is unforgiveable (especially on a back-to-back). Green really dropped the ball on that one. Tonight we see Tyrese Maxie (20+ scorer) and Harden. Does anyone really think Jose' can stop either? Maybe Jose (or Davonte') can stop Melton or Milton...not likely, but maybe.

GIVE KIRA A RUN!!!
    What have you seen that makes you think Kira is a better defender than Jose? Jose is a pest, full-court, pressing people, getting steals, getting in passing lanes, drawing charges. He is not as good of an iso defender as Daniels, but he is a plus defender and raises the intensity level for us on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    What have you seen that makes you think Kira is a better defender than Jose? Jose is a pest, full-court, pressing people, getting steals, getting in passing lanes, drawing charges. He is not as good of an iso defender as Daniels, but he is a plus defender and raises the intensity level for us on defense.
    As some women say, "Size Matters".

I believe Kira will be in the league long after Jose' is playing in China, Europe, or Austrailia. But, I guess we'll see.

Embiid is questionable with back soreness.

Embiid is now Questionable with low back soreness.

So You say that there is a chance ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38122E40-3D98-4010-A79F-C6DEF61F9B01.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	6643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C1A0C1A-337C-4113-B74A-3A5AA6A0B27A.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	6644  

With Embiid, I think this is a tough but winnable game.

Without Embiid, I think this really should be a win.

Of course, ''should win'' games are often the most dangerous.

I believe Kira will be in the league long after Jose' is playing in China, Europe, or Austrailia. But, I guess we'll see.
    Kira is not big, not even for a point guard. Meanwhile last time we played the 76ers Jose stole the ball from Harden, drove down for an uncontested layup, then drew a charge from him on the inbounds play.

Kira is not big, not even for a point guard. Meanwhile last time we played the 76ers Jose stole the ball from Harden, drove down for an uncontested layup, then drew a charge from him on the inbounds play.
    Tell me, my friend, how tall is Tyrese Maxie, Trae Young, Mike Conley, Damian Lillard, Darius Garland, Fred Van Vleet, Ja Morant, or Chris Paul? Now those are just starters in the league 6'3" or less. There are other major contributors like that guy, what's his name.....uh, oh yeah, Steph Curry in San Francisco. Now I won't be so presumptuous as to say you don't know what you are talking about, but................................
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-02-2023 at 03:06 PM.

You are fu%ing insufferable with your nonsense sh!t-posting

Jesus Christ just leave
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-02-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Tell me, my friend, how tall is Tyrese Maxie, Trae Young, Mike Conley, Damian Lillard, Darius Garland, Fred Van Vleet, Ja Morant, or Chris Paul? Now those are just starters in the league 6'3" or less. There are other major contributors like that guy, what's his name.....uh, oh yeah, Steph Curry in San Francisco. Now I won't be so presumptuous as to say you don't know what you are talking about, but................................
    Weren't you the one who said "size matters"?

What the hell is wrong with you

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You are fu%ing insufferable with your nonsense sh!t-posting

Jesus Christ just leave
    Good News, AP, Jesus even loves Blasphemers!!

Happy New Year!!

Good News, AP, Jesus even loves Blasphemers!!

Happy New Year!!
    You're the God fearing type

Why am I not surprised

Sure, if you are 5'11" (a stretch).

Aren't you the one who said "Kira is not big, not even for a point guard." If you didn't, i certainly stand corrected. SMH!!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You're the God fearing type

Why am I not surprised
    By that comment, I take it that you aren't. SMH

By that comment, I take it that you aren't. SMH
    Deep down I like you, but you do say some awful stuff

Happy New Year

Thread Information