Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: December 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 23-12

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Junk time Jax beasting
    He can only play when he's in the game... if anything positive come out of Nance injury, maybe its Jax earning back a little trust

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Hopefully we see Brandon Ingram in 2023. He's been gone for too long we miss him.
    He was at practice recently and did some media so hopefully that's a sign. He's now missed 21 games, which is usually about how many he misses in a season not how many he misses by January.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He was at practice recently and did some media so hopefully that's a sign. He's now missed 21 games, which is usually about how many he misses in a season not how many he misses by January.
    idk wtf happened with that injury but enough is enough jeez. it turned out to be 3x worse than advertised.

Like I said, thinking they had a chance in this game was just unnecessary brain damage. Was going to be difficult even if not on a b2b.

This is the type team you need BI for. He's feasted on Dillon Brooks plenty in the past. The grizzlies dont have an answer for a perimeter oriented player like BI.

They are built to handle Zion tho.

He can only play when he's in the game... if anything positive come out of Nance injury, maybe its Jax earning back a little trust
    I mean he's slightly better than before

Still would be a complete liability in the playoffs

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    story out recently predicting he'd play against the Rockets :fingerscrossed:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Like I said, thinking they had a chance in this game was just unnecessary brain damage. Was going to be difficult even if not on a b2b.

This is the type team you need BI for. He's feasted on Dillon Brooks plenty in the past. The grizzlies dont have an answer for a perimeter oriented player like BI.

They are built to handle Zion tho.
    You keep throwing the term 'brain damage' around like it's something to joke about

What is wrong with you

They get to do this again next weekend. Another road b2b in Dallas.

If the NBA is going to do this, it shouldn't waste important divisional games like that.

New Orleans/Memphis and New Orleans/Dallas are showcase games.

Even if BI is back I highly doubt he plays in that game against Dallas.

idk wtf happened with that injury but enough is enough jeez. it turned out to be 3x worse than advertised.
    It's a lower body injury so I can understand an abundance of caution. If it's something structural though - for example, if it is turf toe - then that would have been nice to be told rather than being told it's a contusion which is typically not a big deal and doesn't take you out 20+ games at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They get to do this again next weekend. Another road b2b in Dallas.

If the NBA is going to do this, it shouldn't waste important divisional games like that.

New Orleans/Memphis and New Orleans/Dallas are showcase games.

Even if BI is back I highly doubt he plays in that game against Dallas.
    Because of brain damage, amirite?

It's a lower body injury so I can understand an abundance of caution. If it's something structural though - for example, if it is turf toe - then that would have been nice to be told rather than being told it's a contusion which is typically not a big deal and doesn't take you out 20+ games at a time.
    No more ambiguous word in the English language than 'contusion'

Also, another American special. No other country uses such ridiculous dialect like it's common parlance
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-31-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Because of brain damage, amirite?
    Are you off your bi-polar meds again? How long you going to keep this going you dumbass?

Attack the person instead of tackling the argument

Classic smol brain move

Attack the person instead of tackling the argument

Classic smol brain move
    What size brain move is it to antagonize someone and then play the victim when they get tired of your act?

What size brain move is it to antagonize someone and then play the victim when they get tired of your act?
    My act? Mans was throwing around the term brain damage like it was going out of fashion

If you had anyone close to you with a degenerative, cognitive disease, you might have a shred of empathy

I actually envy you both with your utter, oblivious ignorance. Must be bliss.
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-31-2022 at 10:37 PM.

It will probably never happen, but the NBA needs to keep its mid October - April regular season. But move to 72 games. Eliminate all b2b games. Or only the home team has them, never the traveling team.

Quality over quantity.

My act? Mans was throwing around the term brain damage like it was going out of fashion

If you had anyone close to you with a degenerative, cognitive disease, you might have a shred of empathy
    All good brother, I don?t think he meant any offense to you or your family, but everyone has their own experience that informs how they interpret things. Happy new year to both of y?all

Yeah traveling on a b2b is pretty rough. Kind of feels like they could avoid that if they really made a point of it.

All good brother, I don?t think he meant any offense to you or your family, but everyone has their own experience that informs how they interpret things. Happy new year to both of y?all
    You too mate

There was an interview done the other day, and it seemed almost like more of a confidence issue on BI's part. He said some days it recovers well, other days not. And he doesn't want to play until its 100%.

Read the replies that go along with this tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    There was an interview done the other day, and it seemed almost like more of a confidence issue on BI's part. He said some days it recovers well, other days not. And he doesn't want to play until its 100%.

Read the replies that go along with this tweet.

Its becoming easy question the training staff handling of this injury. Like if we had just let him purely rest for a three or four weeks have to think it would be healed.

This just in

Turf toe is worse than a complete achillies rupture

I mean, Durant had a shorter recovery time than BI, who is now AD levels of glass man bad

Also - I know this has been said before - but Trey needs to shoot more. Guy is a legit monster shooter, I cannot stand when he has games with 2 or 3 attempts from deep. Guy needs to be shooting Klay Thompson volume, 7+ every night.
    The game is played with only one basketball, Podna!!!!

Don't fall for this. He's a well established troll that's been banned on here before.

Oh My Goodness!!! 9 Turnovers?

Oh My Goodness # 2!!! A -27 Point Differential?

Thread Information