Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: December 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 23-12

That?s game. Had to keep it close until Zion came back in the game and couldn?t pull it off. Jaren Jackson?s banked-in three was a lucky dagger for the Grizz.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    That?s game. Had to keep the game close until Zion came back in the game and couldn?t pull it off. Jaren Jackson?s banked-in three was a lucky dagger for the Grizz.
    There is an entire quarter left to play wtf are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    CJ replies to a stepback 2 with a stepback 3 lmao

What a time for him to make his first 3 of the game
    And then turn it over twice in a row ,Man

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    No way an 11 point game is ever "game" with a whole quarter left to play in the NBA.

Big Jonas foulded out, that's a problem. He got a lot of ticky tack calls this game. All 5 guys on the floor are going to have to make a point of rebounding and boxing out now.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    No way an 11 point game is ever "game" with a whole quarter left to play in the NBA.
    Are you watching the same game I am? We have been playing uphill all game; that takes a toll. Just calling it like I see it.

This is a very 2015-2020 Pels game, man
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Are you watching the same game I am? We have been playing uphill all game; that takes a toll. Just calling it like I see it.
    Also, we're now no longer down 11 with a quarter to play, we're down 15 with 7 minutes

I feel like we need to go big here, we have lost control of the paint without Jonas. Maybe Jax, Zion, and Willy all 3 on the floor

I hate NBA refs, most inconsistent officials in all of sports

The energy just isn?t there tonight. No biggie. Hopefully we come prepared for Philly

Just sit the starters, Willie. Pack it in for tonight. No use racking up useless minutes on guys on a b2b if we're not in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The energy just isn?t there tonight. No biggie. Hopefully we come prepared for Philly
    idk man. This is our main competition in the conference. Its a little more concerning than no biggie. We need to come up with an answer for this team, immediately.

Graham against Ja is just asking for trouble. Dyson should be in there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    idk man. This is our main competition in the conference. Its a little more concerning than no biggie. We need to come up with an answer for this team, immediately.
    We have played them 3 times so far this year, counting tonight. Won by double digits at home, lost the road games. While it's true that winning on the road is important - nobody denies that - it's also common parlance for people to say that a series doesn't even start until someone loses at home. Winning at home is what you're supposed to do.

I'm not worried about Memphis. In the playoffs you don't play b2bs, you certainly don't play home/away b2bs, and if we're still missing Ingram and Nance by the postseason we're probably not in for a great time anyway.

To me it’s not a good sign when the players are falling on their ****** all night. We are tired.

Also - I know this has been said before - but Trey needs to shoot more. Guy is a legit monster shooter, I cannot stand when he has games with 2 or 3 attempts from deep. Guy needs to be shooting Klay Thompson volume, 7+ every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also - I know this has been said before - but Trey needs to shoot more. Guy is a legit monster shooter, I cannot stand when he has games with 2 or 3 attempts from deep. Guy needs to be shooting Klay Thompson volume, 7+ every night.
    I agree, but this depends a lot on the coaches and the playmakers. We need to set trey up for some catch and shoots.

Hayes is looking like the closest thing we have to a spark right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I agree, but this depends a lot on the coaches and the playmakers. We need to set trey up for some catch and shoots.
    Yeah. He needs to be more of a focus for plays. I don’t think it’s all on Trey (albeit he passes up looks).

Its been a while since Jose Alvarado's impact has been felt in a game. I hope his ribs are ok, because that injury marked the last time he was electric in a game.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Honestly Griffin should have played Garrett Temple every minute of the game and called up 4 scrubs from the practice squad for this game. Is Sato available for a 1 day contract?

It's New Years Eve. A back to back should not be on the table, but this is the idiotic NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Yeah. He needs to be more of a focus for plays. I don’t think it’s all on Trey (albeit he passes up looks).
    It's a combo, definitely. Sometimes he doesn't get plays, but sometimes he does and just refuses the shots anyway. It can be either on any given possession, which is frustrating. People his size with his shooting acumen and range need to both get and take shots.

Junk time Jax beasting

Hopefully we see Brandon Ingram in 2023. He's been gone for too long we miss him.

Thread Information