Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December 30th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Philadelphia 76ers - 22-12

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Zion could do a better job of moving without the ball. he kind of stands around when he doesnt have the ball

I don't get that one. He clearly hit Naji's arm

Embiid is pretty good but Jokic is much more scarier to go up against

We won once more! Good to see!

All the folks that said they should try to trade CJ. Or CJ needs to come off the bench, get in here and say it right now.

Let's be consistent. All I ask.

We are watching this team become legit contenders in real time. This was a completely healthy Sixers team we just went toe to toe with, and we're STILL without BI and Herb.

CJ just needed to find his groove. And he's found it in spades. As has most everyone else. And it's so fun to watch them develop.

First in the west, 3 games behind Boston to be tied for 2nd in the league with the likes of the bucks and nets. That's just not something I was expecting this year but definitely happy to see.

Tomorrow against Memphis is going to be big, on a back to back and a rested grizz team. I really want to beat them after that massacre the last game

Basketball Guru
    42 and 36 was awesome tonight with Billy 13 off the bench .....good game....i think we have the best depth in the league...15/16 deep...

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Tomorrow against Memphis is going to be big, on a back to back and a rested grizz team. I really want to beat them after that massacre the last game
    I wouldn't even go through the brain damage of worrying about tomorrow's game. It's almost a throw away game honestly.

Wouldn't be surprised if some starters find an injury or two.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I love to see the Sixers cry about the refs all game when Harden (the biggest flopper in the entire NBA history) is out there. Have a taste of your own medicine boys!

Hopefully this was a get right game for CJ and he stays on this trajectory. If so the sky is the limit. Even Doc said it before the game: He doesn't see anyone beating us in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Zion could do a better job of moving without the ball. he kind of stands around when he doesnt have the ball
    Meh. I agree and disagree. Lots of stars do this to conserve energy. You need it when you run the team and take a lot of contact. There are times where he needs to move more off the ball though

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I love to see the Sixers cry about the refs all game when Harden (the biggest flopper in the entire NBA history) is out there. Have a taste of your own medicine boys!

Hopefully this was a get right game for CJ and he stays on this trajectory. If so the sky is the limit. Even Doc said it before the game: He doesn't see anyone beating us in the West.
    CJ just had 40 four games ago. He's been right for a few weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    All the folks that said they should try to trade CJ. Or CJ needs to come off the bench, get in here and say it right now.

When BI comes back I think that will be his best role. Quote me. I was always in the keep CJ train though

My thoughts on CJ were he needed to shoot himself out of his slump until he got his confidence back. When he is hitting he is that guy that can dance behind the 3 point line and hit em. We don’t have another guy like that and that will be valuable in the right moments.

The argument for bringing CJ off the bench is not because he sucks, but because it lets him cook. BI wasn't there today, and that opened up room for CJ to take more shots and be more in control of the offense. Sharing the floor with both Ingram and Zion at the same time means less shots and less opportunity for him to takeover the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    42 and 36 was awesome tonight with Billy 13 off the bench .....good game....i think we have the best depth in the league...15/16 deep...
    The stat of the night that no one will ever acknowledge:

The player with the best +/- tonight was Billy Hernangomez who was +17. Considering the fact that a lot of his minutes were against Embiid, Billy played well.

Also, DD did not score a point tonight and he played outstanding.

Our bench ROCKS!!!!

Note: I'm beginning to believe that our REAL 6th Man on the Pelicans is Naji. He can play all five positions if need be.
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-31-2022 at 12:49 AM.

The argument for bringing CJ off the bench is not because he sucks, but because it lets him cook. BI wasn't there today, and that opened up room for CJ to take more shots and be more in control of the offense. Sharing the floor with both Ingram and Zion at the same time means less shots and less opportunity for him to takeover the game.
    Yeah and that argument is mud. Because nobody started making that argument until he was struggling. He can cook regardless because neither BI nor Zion are selfish. Plus he's an outlet both of them need on the floor WITH them.

But just wanted to make sure you and the others STILL want him to come off the bench correct? No changes right?

Yeah and that argument is mud. Because nobody started making that argument until he was struggling. He can cook regardless because neither BI nor Zion are selfish. Plus he's an outlet both of them need on the floor WITH them.

But just wanted to make sure you and the others STILL want him to come off the bench correct? No changes right?
    With everyone healthy its definitely something to explore. CJ having a good performance without BI on the floor, is not really a great time for you to come in trying to serve crow. If anything it proves the point that he does better when he isnt relegated to a number 3 role.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I don't get that one. He clearly hit Naji's arm
    Yeah, that might be the worst call I've ever seen. AND THEY LOOKED AT REPLAYS and still made that decision. AWFUL!

With everyone healthy its definitely something to explore. CJ having a good performance without BI on the floor, is not really a great time for you to come in trying to serve crow. If anything it proves the point that he does better when he isnt relegated to a number 3 role.
    What? BI has barely played this year at all. CJ has had struggling games whether BI played or didn't play. So that seems to be a non-factor.

And this whole argument that CJ should come off the bench didn't appear until he did struggle.

But cool. Be consistent no matter how flimsy the argument is. I do respect that.

What? BI has barely played this year at all. CJ has had struggling games whether BI played or didn't play. So that seems to be a non-factor.

And this whole argument that CJ should come off the bench didn't appear until he did struggle.

But cool. Be consistent no matter how flimsy the argument is. I do respect that.
    CJ has struggled this year, definitely. But the argument for him coming off the bench has always been because the volume we want to see from Zion and BI puts CJ in a position where his effectiveness is not maximized. Bringing him off the bench would allow him to handle the ball more and take more ownership over the offense when on the floor. Of course with BI out that is not a concern, and he had more freedom to do his thing. You are just trying to frame the argument according to your own false terms so that you can call it flimsy.

What a game from CJ & Z!! Wow !! We can still be better, I can't wait for BI to come back! Happy New Year everyone!!

Well, pretty much missed all the hype here because of a power cut which is great but hopefully tonight's game against Memphis will just continue the good vibes. Looking forward to it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Embiid is pretty good but Jokic is much more scarier to go up against
    Well that's because Embiid is an all-NBA big and Jokic is the best offensive big man since prime Shaq, so it's different tiers. Levels to the game, kinda thing.

Thread Information