Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: December 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 21-12

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Dyson is so good in all aspects of the game .. except his shooting. He just can't finish!

I continue to believe his shot will come around and when it does, we have another special player. He's really fun to watch, especially on the defensive end.
    Man is a skinny 19 year old and shooting 47% from the field and 41% from 3. Not sure you can ask for much else other than more volume

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Man is a skinny 19 year old and shooting 47% from the field and 41% from 3. Not sure you can ask for much else other than more volume
    It's because he doesn't force it. There are instances that he is open and wouldn't take it because he isn't that confident yet. That will come in time and handwork.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I have to admit, those stats are super surprising to me. I would've thought both were about 10% lower. I guess that means I've just been too hard on him. Regardless, it's encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I have to admit, those stats are super surprising to me. I would've thought both were about 10% lower. I guess that means I've just been too hard on him. Regardless, it's encouraging.
    His volume is low but he's actually picking his shots fairly well. If he's taking them, they're probably good attempts, it's actually pretty encouraging. Lots of rookies just jack shots up.
    Basketball.

Dyson has had nights where he looked really smooth and confident at the offensive end and nights where he just falls flat on his face. He is the stereotypical rookie on that end. Percentage-wise he has definitely overachieved what I initially thought he would which is promising. Very solid two-way player in the making

Thread Information