Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: December 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Indiana Pacers - 20-12

Htn with a win tonight. SA up 15 on Utah with 10 minutes left. And the Lakers creeping ever closer to the bottom of the Western Conference.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    now that was a win to be proud of.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    And in the last 6 minutes, he's picked up 4 fouls.
    1 of those was questionable and 1 of those was just a bad call as he clearly stayed vertical.

Excellent game from Naji.

Great game missing 4 of your top 6 players. Impressive to win by that much over a pretty decent opponent.

Loving these recent lines and highlights from Jax. Hopefully we can actually move him by the deadline now

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Everyone looked great except one person.

Garrett Temple.

Do you know how bad you have to be to look bad in a game like this?

Garrett Temple is the skidmark on a supermodels bikini.
    Man that is poetic! lol.

Didnt see the game but just looking at the box score, seems like Naji was player of the game and Jax maybe stepped up for us?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Man that is poetic! lol.

Didnt see the game but just looking at the box score, seems like Naji was player of the game and Jax maybe stepped up for us?
    Jax was good this game but not for reasons the box score would indicate because he really juiced those numbers in garbage time He had like 6pts and 4rbds in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Naji was great.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I never thought I'd like Naji this much.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The West is way too close this year to be screwing around with a worthless player like Temple. Once injuries start hitting us hard (and that time WILL come) we are going to need literally every roster spot to contibute. If anyone was in doubt of Garrett Temple's ineffectiveness to do absolutely anything at all, he showed you whats up tonight. 19 minutes. ZERO Points. 1 rebound, 1 assist. SERIOUSLY.

LAST February (Almost a year ago) Shamit tweets:

Pelicans when Garret Temple is OFF the court:

111.9 ORTG, 107.2 DRTG, +4.2 NET in 1758 mins

Pelicans Garret Temple is ON the court:

98.8 ORTG, 113.6 DRTG, -13.8 NET in 1036 mins

The inability to bench him has been a massive failure by Willie Green, staff and management.

quote:
    The Pelicans have been outscored by 310 points with Temple on the floor. That's 5.7pts per game! The Pelicans point differential is -3.7 per game.

This is straight up costing them games.

At what point have we seen enough? The sample size is huge at this point....

If you want a veteran presence just sign LaMarcus Aldridge. At least he can do something when he gets on the court.
    Last edited by ragincaucasian; 12-27-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    The West is way too close this year to be screwing around with a worthless player like Temple. Once injuries start hitting us hard (and that time WILL come) we are going to need literally every roster spot to contibute. If anyone was in doubt of Garrett Temple's ineffectiveness to do absolutely anything at all, he showed you whats up tonight.

LAST February (Almost a year ago) Shamit tweets:

At what point have we seen enough? The sample size is huge at this point....

He hasn't really been playing much at all. Last night was a bit out of necessity with FIVE high minute guys out. He won't be here next year.

I'm passed caring about his individual stats on the court. The on/off rating is worth worrying about

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    He hasn't really been playing much at all. Last night was a bit out of necessity with FIVE high minute guys out. He won't be here next year.
    That's exactly it. Is Temple apocalyptically bad at this stage of his career? Yes. He might get a nice steal or hit a nice three here or there, nobody is saying he cannot ever do anything good, but overall he is clearly far over the hill. That's well understood.

But the reality is that he never plays outside of extreme injury coverage or complete garbage time. That's fine, really. He has played more than 10 minutes this season 5 times and all of them were in games that were decided by at least 13 points. He has only played in two games this year that ended up being single digit finishes.

That's fine. I hate seeing him, but I only ever see him when there's no other choice - what do you want Willie to do, play guys 45 minutes in blowouts or roll out 4 man lineups?

If you are a Pels fan who found something to complain about regarding last night's game, I recommend you seriously re-examine your outlook on life....

That game was a joy to watch, with players obviously enjoying their sport and each other. Everyone scored, assisted, rebounded, ran, dove, blocked and stole, despite probably being paid collectively less than the players who were watching them from the bench and cheering them on. I hope the team takes the position to trade NOBODY this year and ignore any trade "opportunities" to screw up what they currently have. The team atmosphere reminds me of Golden State in their heyday, and it's fun to root for this team because of it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    If you are a Pels fan who found something to complain about regarding last night's game, I recommend you seriously re-examine your outlook on life....

That game was a joy to watch, with players obviously enjoying their sport and each other. Everyone scored, assisted, rebounded, ran, dove, blocked and stole, despite probably being paid collectively less than the players who were watching them from the bench and cheering them on. I hope the team takes the position to trade NOBODY this year and ignore any trade "opportunities" to screw up what they currently have. The team atmosphere reminds me of Golden State in their heyday, and it's fun to root for this team because of it.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Totally agree with this with these two exceptions:

1. Potental First Round Considerations coming back to the Pelicans for any combination of non starters not named Daniels, Murphy, Alvarez and Lewis.
    2. They definitely have no interest in continuing JAX' development.

With regard to # 1 above, somewhere down the line, the starting backcourt for this team will be DD and Lewis.

Sorry, no exceptions granted on my part. For this season I don't care about future drafts, future contracts or any other future aspect except building on the current culture to maybe grow it into an even more beautiful force. This team does not lack any required component for a championship if all players are healthy. Even when less than healthy the team has proven resilient, hungry and positive. Trading away ANY of this unique depth (even those players who make less-obvious contributions to the team chemistry and attitude) for future supposed assets would be outsmarting ourselves. Knowing when to keep and strengthen what you have is a rare skill that I hope the Pels have the discipline to employ....

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post

Sorry, no exceptions granted on my part. For this season I don't care about future drafts, future contracts or any other future aspect except building on the current culture to maybe grow it into an even more beautiful force. This team does not lack any required component for a championship if all players are healthy. Even when less than healthy the team has proven resilient, hungry and positive. Trading away ANY of this unique depth (even those players who make less-obvious contributions to the team chemistry and attitude) for future supposed assets would be outsmarting ourselves. Knowing when to keep and strengthen what you have is a rare skill that I hope the Pels have the discipline to employ....
    I respect your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

1. Potental First Round Considerations coming back to the Pelicans for any combination of non starters not named Daniels, Murphy, Alvarez and Lewis.
    2. They definitely have no interest in continuing JAX' development.

With regard to # 1 above, somewhere down the line, the starting backcourt for this team will be DD and Lewis.
    I don’t see Kira ever being a solid NBA starter. I’m not sure how anyone could say he has looked the part.

Ok. Why don't you like it?
    Not a chance I would do that. Turner is an expiring and Hield, while a great shooter, has a relatively large contract and does not offer much else. I would not give up Herb, Jonas and a 1st for those guys. WAY too much.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not a chance I would do that. Turner is an expiring and Hield, while a great shooter, has a relatively large contract and does not offer much else. I would not give up Herb, Jonas and a 1st for those guys. WAY too much.
    I think it would be implied that it would be dependent on an extension for Turner, but sure. Jonas is also four years older, and Herb will be due his own new contract shortly.

The big thing for Kira is he absolutely has to learn how to protect his drives. Even till this day they are almost always blocked. I liked his shot- looked clean and he had a couple of nice drive and dishes to Jonas. I think that will be his bread and butter but as I said he has to be able to finish drives.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    now that was a win to be proud of.....
    You are absolutely right. GREAT TEAM Win !!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Totally Agree!!

I don’t see Kira ever being a solid NBA starter. I’m not sure how anyone could say he has looked the part.
    I think I'll have fun with you in a year or two with this post. Definitely placed in my archives.

Merry Christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I think I'll have fun with you in a year or two with this post. Definitely placed in my archives.

Merry Christmas!!
    Lol. He can’t even get decent backup minutes, and the garbage time minutes he gets he doesn’t look so great. So add this one to your archives too.

Lol. He can’t even get decent backup minutes, and the garbage time minutes he gets he doesn’t look so great. So add this one to your archives too.
    Done

Thread Information