Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Indiana Pacers - 20-12

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    Nice 13-0 run!

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

Close the quarter on a 15-0 run. Need everyone to step up tonight. Glad to see Nance back.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Why are you so insistent on linking Turner and Hield together. If we ONLY want Turner, we don't have to give up 5 players and the Lakers pick. We don't need Hield.

We’ve been without at least one of our two best players for 90 percent of this season and we are still just a game behind first place. When you see our bench you understand why.

Wow that pass from Naji

Kira looks dangerous and confident in the dribble. He and Jonas seem to have a good understanding.

Basically, we're without 5 of our top 7 players. Three starters (Zion, BI, Z), and first two off the bench (Trey and Dyson). And we're up by 22.

Carlisle has used 4 of his timeouts in the first 19:33 of the game.

Could it be that we 're-found' our needed rim runner?

I don’t mind any player with shooting potential taking a shot from 3. Spacing is the most beneficial tool in the league. But Jax should only use it as a last resort. Be comfortable taking the shot when it presents itself, but always look to cut first. Jax looks a completely different player on both ends. Kira’s cameo was good as well

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Why are you so insistent on linking Turner and Hield together. If we ONLY want Turner, we don't have to give up 5 players and the Lakers pick. We don't need Hield.
    We don't need Turner either, in fairness. He's not the solution to any of our problems other than maybe blocked shots in the box score.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We don't need Turner either, in fairness. He's not the solution to any of our problems other than maybe blocked shots in the box score.
    I agree. My only point was, why try and package Turner and Hield together? That's the package the Lakers were looking at. We don't need them.

32-16 edge on the boards, including 10-1 in OREBs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don't know about "insistent". It's the first trade with them I've ever posted or mentioned. I think the idea is Hield gives us better shooting. If you don't plan on keeping Jaxson, don't believe Kira will develop, and agree Devonte is a negative asset, then you're really looking at a 2 for 2 trade.

Basketball Guru
    pacers do have some shot blockers.. im kinda low key enjoying seeing them block some of our shots smdh lol... now seeing jax counter them and blocking shots himself is making me enjoy this game more...

32-16 edge on the boards, including 10-1 in OREBs.
    That's largely what's doing it - that and FTs in our favour

Gotta say, it says it a lot about this team - a team that some people in the media (not everyone, just to be super clear) was writing off as a fluke after the 4 game skid - that we come out of Christmas without an entire starting line-up worth of players and go against a fully healthy Pacers team, who are a solid team, and are so far clearly in control.

There has never been a Pelicans team, certainly not since the name change, where we've had the depth and roster talent to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I don't know about "insistent". It's the first trade with them I've ever posted or mentioned. I think the idea is Hield gives us better shooting. If you don't plan on keeping Jaxson, don't believe Kira will develop, and agree Devonte is a negative asset, then you're really looking at a 2 for 2 trade.
    We're top five in the league in scoring. I don't think offense is our problem. And that's with a ton of games already missed by Zion and BI.

I guess its just every deal you see involving the Pacers on Twitter includes Turner and Hield together. And most teams don't need both.

I am glad that Willy is getting to the bottom of his rotation and they are getting some run. We are seeing some guys that maybe could have made a difference in other games when we were struggling against size. Also puts guys on the market that maybe we can get value for. Good stuff

We're top five in the league in scoring. I don't think offense is our problem. And that's with a ton of games already missed by Zion and BI.

I guess its just every deal you see involving the Pacers on Twitter includes Turner and Hield together. And most teams don't need both.
    We're also in the top half of the league in 3pt%, despite missing Ingram for more than half the season so far, when he's good for 38% from deep in any given year. That's a lot of high end, high volume shooting to go missing and still have us as a good shooting team. This team doesn't need more shooters with any desperation.

Entering the 4th up 28. I'd wonder when it's to empty the bench, but half the bench is starting tonight.

Naji 18 and 5, with 2 assists, in 22 minutes, and 0 PFs.

Yep, and there was a time (even earlier this season) when some of the 'brainiacs' in here thought he was the bane of Willie's rotations...and I don't mean Desmond.

And in the last 6 minutes, he's picked up 4 fouls.

Our bench is so good. And now it looks like we may have extra pieces

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Everyone looked great except one person.

Garrett Temple.

Do you know how bad you have to be to look bad in a game like this?

Garrett Temple is the skidmark on a supermodels bikini.

Thread Information