Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 19-12

Pelicans December 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 19-12

Our final game before Christmas day, as sadly we don't have a game on the 25th this year: or fortunately, rather, because of the people missing.

Last game we were able to get a victory - largely off the back of CJ having his scoring night of the year. Tonight, it's the 2nd of the b2b, we're on the road, and while the Thunder still aren't good, they're better than the Spurs very comfortably.

This will be more difficult but if they can pull it off then we're still in very great position for the year. If they lose this one we fall a little behind where we'd want to be - not irreparably so, of course, but still.

Let's see if we can get another big night somewhere: I''m hoping JV, since OKC is devoid of large powerful bodies compared to most of the other rosters in the NBA.
    Basketball.

Cj is questionable for tonight due to Right calf soreness........

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    wait, seriously?? Edit: apparently so.
    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...friday-409730/

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    JV 30/20 night pls

Naji is going to go off tonight.

Can Trey win his matchup against the quicker Jalen Wiiliams (I can't see him drawing Dort)

I look for JAX to get another run as the Thunder Front Court is severly undersized.

I suspect that we'll see a lot of Mike Muscala on JV and that is good. (He might be a guy that would look good in a Pels Uniform)

Hope they recalled Kira; we will need all the fouls we can get from our guards against SGA, Giddey, and Mann.

EDIT: See where CJ is playing. That may change my Naji prediction because DD will likely cross over.
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-23-2022 at 07:31 PM.

Cj is available while larry is still out.

Good to see Hayes with some good minutes and making the best of them

Solid first half, considering we're minus Zion, BI and Nance. 64-46 Pels. The number that sticks out for me is 18 assists on 22 made FGs.

Everyone played well so far and the ball movement was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Solid first half, considering we're minus Zion, BI and Nance. 64-46 Pels. The number that sticks out for me is 18 assists on 22 made FGs.
    Absolutely right!! We occasionally fall into the 'Hero Ball' trap and it bites us on the butt more often than not. Our three leading scorers at the half are all bench players though two of them started tonight.

Need to play much better in the 4th and have a bit of a separation.. shai is pretty clutch this year, don't want to get that close

Weren’t we just up by 20?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Down 6 lolz. Lots of problems this half. Naji hero ball garbage with predictable results.

Oh boy, the momentum is clearly on the thunders side and have an unstoppable player in shai. Very bad 2nd half of play for our guys

2-13 from three in the 3rd. And the 4th is continuing the same.

Win or lose have to give props to hayes for playing well.. seems like a good matchup for him since okc doesn't really have a real big which he can then play the 5

Win or lose, a tip of the hat to JAX!!

Jax might have earned some playing time with his play in this game.. good rotation to bother that last shot as well

We're fortunate to get to overtime. Awful second half.

Jax with a great play and a dumb one on the same play lol

Jax blew 2 defensive assignments in a row and then did that. there's a reason he doesn't play.

Man it feels like we just stole that one. We were cooked late in the 2nd. Some big-time plays from CJ, Trey, Herb, and even Jax down the stretch.

EDIT oh crap I hope I didn't jinx us.
    Last edited by neworleanshoo; 12-23-2022 at 09:40 PM.

If you wanna win put Hayes in.

Wtf...call a timeout dummy

Lol that was a close one..shai almost had it

Thread Information