Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion in health and safety protocols

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar

Zion in health and safety protocols

Well, our "league best depth" is about to be put to the test. No BI or Zion for the next 2 games, at least.
    https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...9f4e1aae7.html

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    It's always something with this team. That first place for a few days was nice I guess....

This is the really frustrating thing. I'm not too annoyed by Ingram's injury because hey, it's an injury - it's nobody's fault, if he can't play then he can't play.

But this kind of thing where it's an illness, not a mechanical issue, it galls. Obviously it makes no difference in terms of whether you're suitable to play whether your issue is mechanical or viral, but for some reason that I can't explain it feels more like a spite check from the universe.
    Basketball.

The thing is that, between JV and CJ, we should still have the talent advantage v Spurs so I'm not even worried about the very next game, it's just the situation that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is the really frustrating thing. I'm not too annoyed by Ingram's injury because hey, it's an injury - it's nobody's fault, if he can't play then he can't play.

But this kind of thing where it's an illness, not a mechanical issue, it galls. Obviously it makes no difference in terms of whether you're suitable to play whether your issue is mechanical or viral, but for some reason that I can't explain it feels more like a spite check from the universe.
    What's going to happen in game 7 of the finals if Giannis gets covid? Are they going to hold him out?

It's such bull**** if he's too sick to play then fine, but don't force players out because of a cold.

The spurs game should still be a win, it's the okc and pacers game that im not confident in us winning those games without zion.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Couldn't he be back for the Pacers game? What's the measures for this again?

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What's going to happen in game 7 of the finals if Giannis gets covid? Are they going to hold him out?

It's such bull**** if he's too sick to play then fine, but don't force players out because of a cold.
    What!?!? You have no idea what you're talking about. A cold?!? Who said anything about a cold?

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    What!?!? You have no idea what you're talking about. A cold?!? Who said anything about a cold?
    Except they haven't said what it is. You can't just assume its Covid. They're keeping players out now who have the flu, which they never used to do.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Except they haven't said what it is. You can't just assume its Covid. They're keeping players out now who have the flu, which they never used to do.
    I'm not assuming anything. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Couldn't he be back for the Pacers game? What's the measures for this again?
    Good question I bought tickets for the Pacers game last week.

Yeah not sure how they do covid protocols now, but with cj when he was due back i think the team gave him a few games rest to get back in game shape. I wonder if they would do the same to zion

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Its either c19 or flu. Unfortunate that folks are still dealing with the *vid, and there has been a nasty flu starin going around... but you'd rather one guy stay away from the team to not contaminate the whole team.

Unleash JAX! Here we go!

Better to have it happen now than in April

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Better to have it happen now than in April
    This is my point, what will happen in April? Will the NBA hold out players for Covid like symtoms?

This is my point, what will happen in April? Will the NBA hold out players for Covid like symtoms?
    Absolutely. They'd rather hold out one player than have C19 spread throughout the locker room and take out the entire roster.

Didn’t they hold Leonard out when we played the Clips in play in game last season?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Didn’t they hold Leonard out when we played the Clips in play in game last season?
    It was Paul George in play-in game, most important game of their (and our) season.

''What, they're just going to stop someone playing in the Finals because they've got Spanish flu? Banned from the play-in just because they've developed bubonic plague?''

Yep.

Thread Information